Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all i wanna congratulate the villarreal fans for this very active forum...and we are soo winning :D

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Villarreal must win this one, they have performed quite well against top teams. But they need to start winning

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
time and date of the game and also you could have put more effort in there culed

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Villareal have had terrible luck upfront, never being able to have a proper strike pairing. I fancy them to get something here.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
What a game. What drama. We tie it 2-2 only for Valencia to go up 3-2. I thought the game wa over only to get a penalty (soft I admit). 3-3 is a fair result. But we need to start winning against other title contenders. Great game :star:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
dam it sounds like i missed a good game, i came home from work and fell asleep so i missed it :(

Can anyone give a detailed anaylsis?? dont have time to look it up now i should be revising

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,480 Posts
Great come back by the Sub..... :)

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Valencia and derby rivals Villarreal produced one of the games of the season in La Liga as they shared the points in a six-goal thriller at the Mestella.

Unai Emery's men made the perfect start with just over 60 seconds on the clock when Ruben Baraja arrived unmarked in the box to head home Joaquin's teasing cross from the left flank.

And it got even better for the hosts in the 10th minute when David Albelda released David Villa, with the striker leaving Diego Leal on his backside with a neat turn before beating Diego Lopez at his near post.

Valencia squandered numerous opportunities to extend their lead in a pulsating encounter and were made to pay on the stroke of half time.

A corner from the left was flicked on at the near post by Sebastian Eguren and substitute Fabricio Fuentes, who had been brought on after an injury to Gonzalo, headed home from inside the six-yard box.

The second half continued in a similar vein to the first with Villa somehow firing over from close range after David Silva's teasing cross from the flank in the 72nd minute.

Manuel Pellegrini's men took full advantage of that let off and levelled in the 77th minute as Joseba Llorente fired home at the second attempt after Brito Renan had parried his initial effort.

Valencia responded immediately and regained the lead when substitute Edu, who had only been on the field for seven minutes, climbed highest at the far post to head beyond Lopez.

But when Joan Capdevila went to ground under Joaquin's challenge a hugely questionable penalty was awarded, with former Manchester United man Giuseppe Rossi stepping up to coolly convert in the 84th minute.

_--------------------------------------------------------------------

I would say champions league qualification is beyond Villarreal this season as Valencia are exactly the kind of team that needs to be beaten to get there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts