Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What this Valencia team would be if they had a good goal-scoring forward!!!!!!!!!!

This is Valencia's weakness. They have a powerful and elegant midfield with the great Baraja and Albelda -Aimar conection and great wing play with Rufete/ Vicente....a Defence that is reliable and secure, one of the best goal keepers in the world.....but their forward line is very poor. Nobody is scoring the goals. Salva, Sanchez, Carew and the HORRIBLE Mista are just no at the expectations of Valencia. I think Juan Sanchez has down well, but is not a first choice, while Salva has been very disappointing.
Let me say Mista is one of the worst players I have seen! He contributes absolutely NOTHING to the team, and it is unbelievable how such a player is in Primera with a giant like Valencia.

Another thing is Rafa Benitez. I dont believe he deserves much credit for Valencia's good form. It is the players who are bringing
this team together. Benitez has not been a good enough coach for this level, and it may be wise to find a replacement for next season if Valencia are to win the Champions League....again!
(I never thought they lost it to Bayern as they were superior)

The target must be to find a world class forward who can score, then Valencia would be an amazing force.

·
Registered
518 Posts
mallorquin said:
Nobody is scoring the goals. Salva, Sanchez, Carew and the HORRIBLE Mista are just no at the expectations of Valencia.
I think Juan Sanchez has down well, but is not a first choice, while Salva has been very disappointing. Let me say Mista is one of the worst players I have seen! He contributes absolutely NOTHING to the team, and it is unbelievable how such a player is in Primera with a giant like Valencia.

Another thing is Rafa Benitez. I dont believe he deserves much credit for Valencia's good form. It is the players who are bringing
this team together. Benitez has not been a good enough coach for this level, and it may be wise to find a replacement for next season if Valencia are to win the Champions League....again!
(I never thought they lost it to Bayern as they were superior)

The target must be to find a world class forward who can score, then Valencia would be an amazing force.
I thank you your contribution to this forum, but I failed to concur what you commented.

Mista is a very talented forward with nice footwork & he scored some classy goals in this season. He is not HORRIBLE & he did contribute to the team.

I don't know what Salva is going through currently but he will has a chance to make his comeback.

About Benitez, he might not be a reputated coach but, currently with the Ches at the top, there's absolutely no reason to replace him. "When it's aren't broken , don't replace it."

How about bringing back Cuper?:D :cool: :eek: :dazed: :depress:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm

Tears4Fears:

(nice name:tongue: )

Have you seen Mista play? I dont think many would deny what I wrote. Perhaps he score 1 or 2 nice goals, but what difference does that make? He loses the ball often, he does not frequently
score, he is not good in defensive duties, he is simply not effective. We are talking about VALENCIA, not Numancia.
Big, successful clubs, arent they supposed to have good players?

Salva is in bad form, but at least I know he is a good player
and has proven this in Primera....

As for Benitez, you must recognize his naive direction.
I dont want to ever see Cuper again in such a club in Spain, that is sure, but Benitez does not have much responsability for the team's success.

He is also playing to use Angulo in the right-back position against Espanyol!!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well mallorquin, you're totally entitled not to like Mista but you're NOT entitled to make up the facts ............

FACT 1: Mista DID contribute a lot this season.......in fact during the bad days (December especially) besides our defence , players who were carrying this team and helping everything not to fall apart were Rufete, MISTA, Albelda(others were playing terrible).......not to mention that he scored some really important winners like against Malaga,Las Palmas etc..

FACT 2: he's playing BY FAR the best defence comparing with all other our strikers(and YES I've seen him playing "more than once " this season)...for example....if you've seen what he did before the goal he scored against Real S. I really don't have to say anything more........

FACT 3:For a striker (which I have to admit that he's not a born one) he's got some qualities like strength and mobility......he does lack high skills and deadly finish though( but it's more like Benitez's fault for playing him as a lonely striker)

FACT 4: he's got probably the best goals/games ratio comparing to all our strikers(except Ilie)...all others had more chances this season than he did...

FACT 5:he's very versatile player what makes him more than usefull backup for several positions....

FACT 6:he's always giving all on the pitch and it's very easy to see that...

to sum it up:

he may not turn out to be( he's still young) an extraordenary player but he isn't a horrible one either.....so , there's no real need for bashing him.......

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like Mista too and think he contribute much to the team. Probably his fault is that he doesn't look like a 'STAR' and never will be one but then Valencia doesn't have a team of stars but a group of players who play as a team and gave their all and Mista fit in very nicely. ;)

Amunt Valencia
Amunt Mista

:cool:

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I think that the point being made here is that Valencia do not have a world class striker and if they did then the Scudetto would be in the bag by now... I would agree with this.

It is true that a lot of players have contributed with goals this season but you still need a guy who will score a minimum of 10 goals in a season and perhaps more importantly start every game.

It looks like Valencia have a range of good strikers but nothing outstanding wheras the rest of the team is superb.

The defence is possibly the best club defence in the world, the midfield is almost as impressive and then there seems to be such a big drop off when you get to the strikers... whoever is playing there (Angulo the last time I bloody looked)

·
Registered
518 Posts
mallorquin ,

my nick was taken from the 80s band, Tears For Fears, ten q.

Personally, I liked Cuper more than other coach...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts