Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they have beaten real madrid, barcelona and also tied bayern munich when they played them in the group stages....valencia will be the winnners.

R

·
0 Posts
I said after the first round that Valencia were the best team in that group.
Bayern had to cheat against them and Rangers to scrape through into the next round.
Valencia lodged a protest with UEFA, but of course they threw it out as they wanted Bayern through to the next round.
It meant extra money for UEFA.
The problem for Valencia now is that they are playing another Spanish team and it will be difficult for them to keep their minds focused on a European game rather than treat it as a domestic game.
It should be a great contest though.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think they will be more comfortable to play a spanish side because they are fimiliar with their style of football.

D

·
0 Posts
They know Barcelona and Real better than Bayern that's a fact.

Valencia have been in best form of late out of the 4. But Barcelona will win the CL.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Real are better than Valencia (check out the Spanish table).
Valencia are on good form and could have gone out if Man U had needed the win remember. Don't get too carried away.
Lopez is a scorer of great goals and not a great goal scorer and Illie may be back soon. I like them but saying they are the best team in it is, in my view wrong.

1) Barce :( :( :( :( :(
2) Bayern :( :( :( :(
3) Real Madrid :D, would be higher but are on appaling form.
4) Valencia (underdogs).

J

·
0 Posts
Bayern Munich is the team that deserves to win since they came so close last year (F**K Man.Utd.) but Valencia is the team that I hope win the whole thing. They may not be the abolute best team but it would be nice to see them kill Barcelona and then the other team that managews to go to the final.

One thing though, I don´t like the fact that Valencia took the second 1/4-final place before Fiorentina.

CRUSH! KILL! DESTROY!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to people who didnt think valencia can do it...look at the scoreline...VALENCIA 4-1 BARCA.

if you watched the game you would agree with me that valencia is a hell of a team

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I'm not denying that they are a superb team on their day and absolutely superb to watch but the result was more of a shock than if it had happenened the other way around and therefore my point stands about Valencia being the underdogs.
Now the tables have turned and a Valencia versus Real M final looks imminent (YESSSSS!!!) :D :D :D :D :D :D

F

·
0 Posts
What can I say? just look at the Spanish Liga table, Valencia is ahead of Real Madrid just like Barcelona is also ahead of Real. Valencia has beaten Real in Real's stadium and tied in Valencia's stadium this present league. I have to admit that Valencia is impressive especially Mendieta and Lopez, their tactical discipline even though they slacked in the end, they showed they are in control. Real didn't convince me, they got lucky the Elber got a goal not counted and that Redondo took the ball out when it almost got inside the goal line.Real's results in the Spanish Liga lately were not very good while Valencia outscores by more than 3 goals per game lately.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Valencia, are hot! They are a composed team, that breaks very well, and are therefore very effective on the counter attack. I think (well I hope) that this turns out to be their year of glory. It would be great to see them win something so significant as the CL. In this day in age, it's a fantastic thing when an underdog, like Valencia can achieve such an awe inspiring success. It helps to let you believe in the beauty of competition

D

·
0 Posts
What a dumb prediction it turned out to be from me.
Valencia deserve to win the CL, because Real have been crap all season long in the league, and in the latter stages have soley concentrated on the CL, and screwed up their league clashes, not a good role model team. Valencia is just the role model team to set a good example. Not bug names, but still able to win, beat big team with big margins, excting attacking football, especially on the counters, working hard for each other, and only having one thing in mind, and that is to win, no matter who theyr'e playing, the same can't be said about Real, what a disgrace to have seen them in FIFA's World Club Championship.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Valencia should win, and im not sure but that will be C.Lopez's last game for Valencia. Hell go Lazio then.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't think it's that clear. Please see article below from Panorama Actual from a couple of days ago. If you don't speak Spanish, copy & paste it into something like http://babelfish.altavista.com or http://translator.go.com and you'll get the gist...

PANORAMA-ACTUAL. Claudio López, delantero del Valencia, señaló hoy que desconoce si el partido de liga del próximo viernes ante el Zaragoza, será el último que juegue como valencianista en el estadio de Mestalla.

A pesar de las declaraciones del presidente del Lazio, Sergio Cragnotti, quien afirmó en una televisión italiana que el "Piojo" jugará la próxima temporada en su equipo, el internacional argentino recordó hoy que "también dijo que había comprado a Rivaldo cuando tuvo problemas en la bolsa".

El internacional argentino agregó que "es un problema de él que diga eso, demasiadas cosas tengo yo ahora como para pensar en lo que diga. No sé si el del viernes será mi último partido en Mestalla, pero inceramente creo que lo que hay en juego es muy importante y que es lo único que preocupa a la gente", apuntó.

El delantero valencianista aclaró que cuando pase la final de la Liga de Campeones todos podrán conocer que ocurrirá con su futuro.

Respecto a la final de la próxima semana en París ante el Real Madrid, Claudio López indicó que no ve ninguna clave para ilucidar quien puede ser el campeón, "porque es un partido muy grande".

"Tenemos que mantener las líneas, presionar continuamente al rival, tratar bien el balón y querer ganar el partido. En definitiva, lo que estamos haciendo hasta ahora, por lo que no veo ninguna clave especial para conseguir la Copa de Europa", aseguró.

Sobre la euforia que puede desatar un triunfo en París en la afición valencianista, el atacante argentino prefiere no imaginárselo.

"No hay mucha explicación para la locura de esta afición, hay que vivirlo para entenderlo. Cada día me sorprende más esta gente, siempre se me había hablado bien de la afición del Valencia y lo pude comprobar al máximo en la final de Sevilla. Si tenemos suerte les traeremos otra copa, aunque prefiero no imaginármelo", apostilló.

Por último, Claudio López comentó que una final de la Liga de Campeones es uno de los partidos "más grandes" en la vida de un jugador y un momento inolvidable, aunque recordó que todavía queda un partido de liga muy importante para las aspiraciones europeas del Valencia en la próxima temporada.

"Hay que vivir el momento. El viernes saldremos a darlo todo y buscaremos estar la próxima temporada en la Liga de Campeones, después de este partido ya pensaremos en la final", concluyó.

------------------
Come to...
http://www.ciberche.net
The award-wining Valencia CF website

·
Registered
114 Posts
I translated it for a laugh using the http://translator.go.com and OHMYGOD what a poor effort it made! I thought that they'd improved these translator-bot things. Anyway, for your entertainment, I reproduce it below.... :)
PANORAMA-actual. Claudius Lopez, forward of the Valencia, indicated today that he does not know if the party of league of the next Friday before the Zaragoza, will be the last one that plays like valencianista in the stage of Mestalla.

In spite of the declarations of the president of the Lazio, Sergio Cragnotti, whom he affirmed in an Italian television that the " Louse " will play the next season in its equipment, the international Argentinean remembered today that " also he said that had bought to Rivaldo when it had problems in stock-market ".

The international Argentinean added that " it is a problem of him who says that, too many things I now have I like thinking about which says. I do not know if the one of Friday will be my last party in Mestalla, but inceramente believe that what there is in game is very important and that is the unique thing that worries to people ", aimed.

The valencianista forward clarified that when passes the end of Liga de Campeones all will be able to know that it will happen with his future.

With respect to the end of the next week in Paris before Real Madrid, Claudius Lopez indicated that he does not see any key to ilucidar that can be the champion, " because is a very great party ".

" We must maintain the lines, continuously to press the rival, to treat the ball well and to want to gain the party. which we are doing until now, reason why I really do not see any special key to obtain the Glass of Europe ", assured.

On the euphoria that can untie a triumph in Paris in the valencianista liking, the Argentine attacker prefers not to imagine it to it.

" there is not much explanation for the madness of this liking, is necessary to live it to understand it. Every day surprises to me plus this people, it had been always spoken to me well of the liking of the Valencia and I could verify it to the maximum in the end of Seville. If we have luck we will bring another glass to them, although I prefer not to imagine it to me ", added.

Finally, Claudius Lopez commented that a end of Liga de Campeones is one of " the greater " parties in the life of a player and a little while unforgettable, although remembered that still it is left a party of very important league for the European aspirations of the Valencia in the next season.

" It is necessary to live the moment. Friday we will leave to give it everything and we will look for to be the next season in Liga de Campeones, after this party already we will think about the end ", concluded.

------------------
Come to...
http://www.ciberche.net
The award-wining Valencia CF website

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Thanx TristanWhite for the reproduce, when I translated it on that site it came out all weird.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts