Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valencia return for Carew Thursday 18 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Carew is set to return to Valencia at the end of this season once his loan deal with Roma expires.

The Norwegian joined the capital outfit last summer but his agent believes a move back to La Liga is on the cards.

"Valencia isn¡¦t a bad solution for John," stated Per Flod. "After all, if he does go back then he will be guaranteed a starting shirt."

Carew did make a good start to the campaign, which did lead to reports that the 24-year-old could remain on a permanent basis.

Yet he¡¦s struggled to get a regular game recently as boss Fabio Capello prefers to play with Antonio Cassano and Francesco Totti.

The Giallorossi¡¦s uncertain financial future is also proving to be a problem as talks over Carew¡¦s proposed stay in Rome have been postponed.

The international¡¦s contract with Spanish side Valencia will expire in the summer of 2005.

channel4

·
Registered
346 Posts
Although I like Carew,and he is a fellow Norwegian, I really think Roma should let him go and try to sign a top class striker...A man who really knows how to score!! Vieri would be incredible,but I would also love to see Morientes in a Romashirt!!!

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
What gets me with Carew is he is always looking for a foul and does even the simplest things wrong.Now Morients,theres a player with talent.Just the man for AS ROMA.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Vieri ? Morientes ? Luis Fabiano ?
Are you guys dreaming ?
This is not meant as an offence, but Roma is almost bankrupt. How should they be able to buy players like the ones you mentioned if the even aren't able to pay the wages for their actual squad ?

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Well, some of us are still waiting for the new hugely rich owner who will save us and enable us to buy new stars. Not very likely IMO, but you never know...

Anyway, I doubt Carew will be missed by many of us.:tongue:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Rothose said:
Vieri ? Morientes ? Luis Fabiano ?
Are you guys dreaming ?
This is not meant as an offence, but Roma is almost bankrupt. How should they be able to buy players like the ones you mentioned if the even aren't able to pay the wages for their actual squad ?
Rothose, things in Italy are not right. Roma bought Chivu for 18 mil even if Fiorentina was relegated for Serie C because of a debt that wasn't half of what their debt is. So yes, they will steal again, do not pay anything and maybe even buy new players.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I'd be more than happy about just keeping what we have now. Arrivedierchi, John. Your contributions are somewhere around zero. Basically you're almost useless.
Good luck where ever you may land.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi guys,

I hope you don't mind me bumping this topic but there are very strong reports in Turkish media that Carew may sign with Besiktas (on loan again) until the end of the week. So I thought maybe you can comment on a couple of things. ;)

I read your messages and obviously it's clear that you're relieved that he's gone :) Being in the US, I could only see a couple of games in Seria A this year, but is he that terrible? I mean we all know that he's not a good finisher and I see that he scored 6 goals in 20 games. Anybody can tell me in how many games he started or came as a sub? Did he have any injuries?

We lack aerial presence and we need someone to ground the crosses to the other forwards and midfielders. So it's Ok if He does not score 25. Keeping in mind that unlike Roma he'll have a guaranteed starting spot and that he's only 24, don't you think he can get better?

Thank you.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
if it's headers you're looking for, then you better stay away from Carew. the guy is really tall but can't head to save his life.

on another note, it's really good that you bumped this topic cause it's really ironic to see Gallo accusing us of stealing and predicting that we'd steal again and see Boomer agreeing with him after Sensi sold so much to get us out of debt.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
He can do some things, and he's been treated rather poorly. But when given the chance, on several occasions this season, he failed 2 out of 3 times.
But I believe this player will experience some kind of small re-birth somewhere, maybe it will be in Turkey. For his height, he has wonderful ball control skills.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
He's strong, excellent at holding the ball up and suprisingly fast.
Too bad he can't score...:)
Seriously he has some qualities, but he totally lacks the single most important quality for a striger: the killer instinct, the finishing touch. And as wolfie said, for a guy so tall he's terrible with his head.
Good luck to Carew whereever he ends up though.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Of wolf and Man said:
on another note, it's really good that you bumped this topic cause it's really ironic to see Gallo accusing us of stealing and predicting that we'd steal again and see Boomer agreeing with him after Sensi sold so much to get us out of debt.
First of all, me and Boomer said this before Sensi sold his things. And even if didn't sell it, you would find a way to stay in Serie A and buy more players, like you did in other occasions and didn't get punished like another club was for much less. I'm stating facts, and this was not the first time your beloved Roma did this, since it should be relegated with Lazio and Milan in the scandal of the early 80s. You should learn a bit about Italian football history instead of trying to create fights for nothing.

Nice to see you trying to start a fight here, but it's up to you, you start it and I'm on it. :fero:

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
I'm not starting anything. first, I've already stated that you guys said we'd steal before Sensi sold his "things" and that's why it's ironic. second, finances are an old topic and romanisti are glad it’s over, I’m not gonna re-open it or start a fight with the conspiracy theorist who brilliantly discovered Roma’s plan to stop the derby cause they were “losing” it. don’t get me wrong, you don’t intimidate me with your cute :fero: it’s just useless to talk about this again and with you nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts