Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valencia return for Carew Thursday 18 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Carew is set to return to Valencia at the end of this season once his loan deal with Roma expires.

The Norwegian joined the capital outfit last summer but his agent believes a move back to La Liga is on the cards.

"Valencia isn¡¦t a bad solution for John," stated Per Flod. "After all, if he does go back then he will be guaranteed a starting shirt."

Carew did make a good start to the campaign, which did lead to reports that the 24-year-old could remain on a permanent basis.

Yet he¡¦s struggled to get a regular game recently as boss Fabio Capello prefers to play with Antonio Cassano and Francesco Totti.

The Giallorossi¡¦s uncertain financial future is also proving to be a problem as talks over Carew¡¦s proposed stay in Rome have been postponed.

The international¡¦s contract with Spanish side Valencia will expire in the summer of 2005.

channel4

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Carson35 said:

"Valencia isn¡¦t a bad solution for John," stated Per Flod. "After all, if he does go back then he will be guaranteed a starting shirt."

:howler::howler:

Contract finishes in 2005? He'll eventually leave for free I guess!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
A starting shirt, oh god what substances has his agent taken! He´ll be clear fourth or fifth choice at best since Salva (who´s 2nd in the scoring charts BTW) is coming back, but also Mista, Oliveira and Xisco are better than him. I wonder what we should do with this guy?!?

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Since we're on the topic of strikers, how has Oliviera done for you guys? I used to watch him at Santos alot with Robinho upfront and he was quite a good player.

Cheers and best of luck in the race for the liga! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
376 Posts
used to think we could sell him even with low price to Roma:( :(
it's a question for Rafael after this season,no matter Rafael happy or not,surely Salva will back.Then we will face to have Mista,Oliveira, Xisco,Carew,S¨¢nchez,Alonso,Salva totally 7 forwards,and hard to clean useless like Alonso,Carew,faint.:sleepy: :sleepy:

·
Registered
376 Posts
numerodix said:
Pablo, Roma have no money. And I don't think they want him either.
Sorry,i didn't realise u come from Norway:D :D
anyway,I don't think John's 100%fit for us,cos we need a striker who is a little bit selfish(for the last finishing for the team),but john's likely quite poor in finishing and more like pass the ball back,we can not always rely on Ruben,Pablo or Vicente putting the ball into the net.last season we failed almost cos of the attacking problem.The best scorer was Fabio and Carew(both only 8 goals whole season,terrible.good record for left-back Fabio but bad for striker Carew.)
This season Mista's success in my opinion based on his confidence in finishing,usually see him get the ball outside the box and scoring.
With 4411,we need a high-rate striker,unfortunately doesn't seem like Carew.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Oh you don't have to convince me, I never thought Carew was good enough for Valencia ;) When his transfer occured most people were saying Rosenborg (his previous club) laughed all the way to the bank. :D

I think he might be a success with a bottom club where he would be more important but to break through at Valencia is too tall an order.

As for Oliveira, despite the hat tricks this season I'm not really convinced that he's what the club needs. He's too static, Mista is so much better at getting involved in the play.

·
Registered
376 Posts
numerodix said:
Oh you don't have to convince me, I never thought Carew was good enough for Valencia ;) When his transfer occured most people were saying Rosenborg (his previous club) laughed all the way to the bank. :D

I think he might be a success with a bottom club where he would be more important but to break through at Valencia is too tall an order.

As for Oliveira, despite the hat tricks this season I'm not really convinced that he's what the club needs. He's too static, Mista is so much better at getting involved in the play.
Well,Oliveira isn't the player which Ben¨ªtez really want,last summer he commented he wanted Eto'o.but stingy Otiz fianlly bought cheap Oliveira as forward.And i've never convinced he's the striker we keen to have as well.:rollani:
U are right,Mista is so much better at getting involved in the play. at least he play with team more than 2 years.But as individual,he's also improve a lot this season as i said before,such as finishing etc.
and at least Oliveira knows how to use leg to put the ball into the net,but Carew seems just superb heading.
anyhow,if any team play two forwards and have good cross,Carew should do better.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Ah, Eto'o... what a team we'd have if we added him! Damn Ortí, sell Carew and Oliveira and bring Samuel to Valencia!:fero: I don't understand what he's doing in a team like Mallorca:yuck:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Apparently, Real Madrid owns 50% of Etoo's rights and wouldn't sell that share to Valencia when the Ches secured Etoo's rights this past summer.
Valencia offered Ayala for Etoo, but Madrid said no.
Honestly, it doesn't look like things turned out too bad.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Carew joins Roma exodus Sunday 25 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Carew is the latest player to look outside the Capital for his future as Roma’s stars continue to attract interest from other clubs.

“I have received several different offers for John,” revealed his agent in the same weekend that Walter Samuel and Emerson reportedly requested transfers.

Carew is certainly the least damaging departure of the big names, as he is not actually owned by the Giallorossi.

Arriving on loan from Valencia in the summer, Roma have made it clear they do not intend to take up the option to buy.

It now seems as if the 25-year-old centre-forward will head for Britain after scoring five goals in 17 Serie A games this season.

“There are five very interested clubs from around Europe,” added the representative, “plus the offer on the table from Glasgow Rangers.”

channel4

1 - 20 of 22 Posts