Xtratime Community banner

Valencia-Real Madrid Jornada 35. 22.00 CET

5K views 203 replies 31 participants last post by  valencianista21 
#1 ·
WOW! My first match thread!!
Now I know how it feels.

#7 ·
if we win this.. ill be sure of ucl qualification.. cuz our morale will rocket up

#9 ·
I expect you to win this one.

Don't disappoint me now.

#12 ·
A big :howler: at the Ribery pic with him wearing the yellow Barca shirt.

#13 ·
#15 ·
marca stories are just hilarious.. really amazing..

back to madrid match.. i think it will be ok if we lose.. and beat atletico and villarreal and bilbao.. so this game aint a 'Final Hope' match but we should treat it like one.. i dont think our defense has the ability to stop the pace of higauin and Robben niether mark Huntelaar and Raul

#19 ·
yeah if we thrash them... u can open every post amigo :D

we will win 3-2.. i can feel it.. vicente with the winning goal..

#21 ·
La Liga Preview: Valencia - Real Madrid
Real Madrid may not have much left to play for this season and Valencia will be hoping that means they can secure all three points on Saturday evening...

22:00 CET - Saturday, May 9, 2009
Mestalla, Valencia

Pride is something that Real Madrid always play for, but until last weekend that was surpassed by the desire to win as Juande Ramos' record-breaking side maintained hope in the race for the title.

This weekend, the story is very different as all the sounds coming from Los Merengues have not been cries of unity and attempts to tell Barcelona that they were ready to catch them, but instead have seen players state that team must keep going and try and win as many games as possible.

Mathematically, Madrid can still win the title, but realistically it would take a monumental collapse from Pep Guardiola's side who could win the title this weekend if the results all went in their favour.

Valencia will be hoping that Ramos has lost his verve and his desire and the workmanlike performance and doggedness that has shone through since December will be missing in the Mestalla from the visitors.

With Madrid's coach hinting in the build-up that he does not expect to be in charge next term, it was an admission that before the defeat to Barca would have been unthinkable as he would have been accused of rocking the boat.

Top Four Finish

Now though it is fairly safe ground to begin talking about the summer and the changes that will be made, despite the fact that there are still 12 points to play for.

For the hosts on Saturday evening though, the season is still very much alive because a top four finish would give the team and the club's financiers a huge boost ahead of the forthcoming break.

Los Che are in fourth place as things stand, but they are just one point above both Atletico Madrid and Villarreal and only three ahead of Deportivo, who are outside of the European places altogether.

Above them are Sevilla, who now enjoy a four-point gap after they beat Villarreal last weekend while Valencia were suffering a hefty defeat against Espanyol with a dismal performance.

After playing Madrid, Unai Emery's team take on Atletico and then Villarreal before rounding off the campaign with a home match against Athletic Bilbao, so their destiny is in their hands.

A financial crisis has effected the players only by the fact that they had to wait for their wages mid-season, but otherwise the club have done well to ensure that stability is kept to avoid the team dropping too many points.

Summer Sales

It is crunch time for the home side, while for Madrid it could be a question of which players are playing for their futures at the club as so many have been touted to leave depending upon which president wins the club's elections in June.

If Florentino Perez wins the presidency, as he is widely tipped to, then even stars such as Raul could decide he has had enough after being critical of the Galactico era and the treatment of so many of his close friends, including Fernando Hierro, in the supremo's first spell at the helm.

With Perez having such little romance or nostalgia about him, Raul could well expect to stay this summer, although the would-be president may not even allow that.

With offers of four-year life-changing contracts coming from the Premier League, the club captain could lead an exodus that sees the majority of Dutch stars and many others out of the club.

That is why pride is so important in the last few games for the players currently in possession of the first team shirts at Madrid and a win at Valencia would ease the feeling of disappointment that their other reason for playing has now all-but gone.

RECENT FORM

Valencia

03/05 A 0-3 Espanyol
25/04 H 2-2 Barcelona
22/04 A 2-1 Real Betis
19/04 H 3-1 Sevilla
12/04 A 3-2 Sporting Gijon
05/04 H 4-1 Getafe

Real Madrid

02/05 H 2-6 Barcelona
26/04 A 4-2 Sevilla
21/04 H 3-2 Getafe
18/04 A 1-0 Recreativo
12/04 H 2-0 Real Valladolid
04/04 A 1-0 Malaga

TEAM NEWS

Valencia

The only doubt for the hosts is who will play at left-back as Emiliano Moretti faces a late fitness test. If he does not pass, then Alexis will continue out wide with Hedwiges Maduro taking his role in the centre.

Probable Starting XI: Cesar, Miguel, Albiol, Maduro, Alexis, Marchena, Baraja, Joaquin, Silva, Mata, Villa

Real Madrid

Pepe, Guti and Wesley Sneijder are all out of action, while Lassana Diarra will be a doubt up until kick off. If the former Arsenal and Chelsea midfielder is not given the green light then Fernando Gago could be partnered in midfield by either Javi Garcia or Rafael van der Vaart.

Probable Starting XI: Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Metzelder, Heinze, Javi Garcia, Gago, Robben, Marcelo, Higuain, Raul

PRECICTION

The pressure is off Real Madrid and that may see them produce a result to help ease the sense of shock that was still hanging over the club during the week, but it could also see the players take their foot off the pedal and be unable to find that spark that has led to them to so many wins when they were not playing at their best. Valencia need all three points and will have been suffering all week after their lacklustre display last Sunday.

Valencia 3 - 1 Real Madrid

Lucas Brown, Goal.com
---------------------------------------
I can't believe they have expected us to win so comfortably. I don't think anyone here would think we'd win 3-1, and Goal.com do. I guess they don't like Madrid anymore.

#23 ·
Robben is too inconsistent. We need to play like we did against Barca, then we can easily beat them. I think the fans are ready to rally them. Soriano and Lopez have already asked for the fans to play their part. The players must treat this like a final, I can't bear to play Atleti and Villarreal with CL at stake.

#24 ·
Mestalla will be electric tonight! i think we can win, we should go out all guns blazing. Amunt

#28 ·
I have to say, no one hardly cares about this match in XT, our fans and Madrid fans. Where i the enthusiasm?!
Get a life, you jerkoff! ;)

Actually, quietly confident here. Obviously shit scared of Robben, hopefully Alexis can keep him quiet. If the atmosphere is like the Barça game, which it most well, will be, we will win. The league is pretty much over, hopefully they try less (doubt that) and are still shattered after getting analized by Barcelona.

Have a feeling Silva and Villa will come up, B.I.G, in a attempt to push a transfer to Real Madrid :lala: :dielaugh:

#30 ·
No, the two players have played down the rumours regarding leaving, they will most likely leave unless the situation improves, which by the looks of it won't. The club will listen to offers, again this summer and will see where it goes, in my opinion, it will be suicide if we don't sell, at least one of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.