Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is shocking...

Valencia In Crisis: Villa, Silva And Joaquín Out And No Marcelino

Valencia's economic crisis has meant that they have pulled out of a deal to sign Marcelino and look set to have to sell David Villa and many of their big name stars.

The problems generated by the previous regime under former president Juan Soler have meant that the club's plans have been radically altered and stories linking their biggest names with moves are not speculation, according to AS.

Marcelino had reached a verbal agreement with the club after the Copa del Rey final, but last Monday the club's new board advised him that they could not fulfil the promises he required and major sales were to take place in the summer.

At the head of the clear-out is Villa, who this week was linked with a €20m move to Tottenham Hotspur. That idea may have appeared fanciful on the face of it, but Valencia look set to be forced to let the player talk to the Premier League outfit.

Also of value and with many admirers are such names as Silva, who Tottenham have also been linked with to fill the left-side of midfield, and Joaquín.

Fringe players are to be offered to other club in a bid to raise finances with Nikola Zigic and Miguel leading the way, along with David Albelda and Santi Cañizares, who spent most of the season frozen out under Ronald Koeman.

The new Valenica president, Agustín Morera, has had lengthy talks with vice president Rafael Salom and sporting director Juan Sánchez and they are preparing to rebuild the squad.

News of the plight of the club will shock fans who have always viewed Valencia as one of the Spanish league's big players, but over spending has allegedly led to major problems.

Gregorio Manzano now appears to be the favourite to take over the reins as coach in the summer with Voro admitting that he has no desire to continue and wants to return to his behind-the-scenes role.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com
This cant be true, Valencia going down the Leeds route.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Unless the team get the relegation this season, it's not that bad...
The new management must rebuild this club carefully.

And I cant really trust media, they always exaggerate everything...

·
Registered
758 Posts
This is pretty embarassing. Selling Joaquin and Villa would be easy but Silva would be hard to sell, especially to a big club at a good price.

If any of this happens, we are ****ED.... I hate to say this. But unless some sense of order is restored in Valencia with a decent coach at the helm, we are headed for relegation next season.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
lol, 'it's time for a change' it's only time for a new proper coach, the only reason we would be selling our stars is for the money, with this crop off players and some new additions, we would play like where supposed to.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Regardless of how shit Joaquin has been, his a still big name and i'm sure a club like Liverpool would snap him up in a second.
yep

So basically no big club is after joaquin.:D

I'm sick of the squad, I stand by vcf-rules's 'it's time for a change'. Let's become a selling club, cause being a buying club sure isn't helping.

Just keep Villa and sell the rest of the midgets (and the tall fcuker Zigic).:D

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
This will be what? LCF?

Not trying to get ahead of myself (which i am). Cycles end (Even though this one hasn't even started properly) and new ones begin, nearly every team goes through an rebuilding process, where key players leave and you look to find new Villa's and Silva's etc.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
You're making it sound like Joaquin and Silva are the reason we're in primera.

There's one reason and one reason only, David ****ing Villa.

Silva can take his sub-par performances elsewhere. Joaquin can't be blamed since he's a headless chicken in any formation bar the standard 4-4-2:D

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.