Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my GOD !! What a brilliant game I just saw :) !! Valencia wrecked havoc on Barca and won 4 - 1 with Barca getting only a stupid own goal from a lame cross by Zenden.

First let me point out that Rivaldo sucked and please god let him not play for Lazio next season. Second let me say that Lopez is a nuclear bomb. Third praise Kily Gonzales and if we ever wanted or looked for someone to take over after Nedved then Gonz is the man. Fourth De Boer is just such a joke. Nr 5 How amazing is Mendieta ?!?!?!?!?! .. Parma is looking for a playmaker, Milan are looking for a playmaker !!! Well please let them not spot Mendieta :) !!!

I have to say that Valencia is a love affair for me - they are showing the same attitude as Lazio did when I fell in love with Lazio.

If there was something about Valencia that I didn´t really agree with it would probably be the fact that they can´t slow down a game - if Valencia starts playing with a slower pace then everything falls.

This is not going to be a match report because I have to get some sleep but I can only praise Lopez ( 1 ), Mendieta ( pen 1 ), Angulo ( 2 ), Kily Gonzales, Pellegrino, and the rest of Valencia who played a superb, beautiful game and to remind everyone that this is what I call football :)

Serie A has only brought one game that can top this game and that was Lazio - Milan which was a truly beautiful game where Lazio played extremely well but our defence was sooooo piss poor that evening.

Still La Primera deserve the success it´s having and the best football is played in spain at the moment and the future looks so very bright for the spanish teams with increased popularity, more people are watching games, better financial situations and a much more competitive leauge then ever.

Serie A has alot to learn from La Primera when it comes to entertainment. Alot of people in the Juve forum talk about how points is the most important thing, these people are so completely wrong it´s scary. If points would be nr 1 then we could just read the results the next day in the paper. The most important thing has to be the game and nothing but the game.

Remember it´s not the end of the road but it´s how you get there.

Forza Lazio !!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
svennis, i was going to make a topic about this but you beat me to it...i agree with everything you said.

kily is definately the person to get if someone is looking for a winger...they guy is just GREAT!

lopez is just a bomb that is about to explode....he has just the greatest speed i have seen...great crosses, great passes..this guy is going to make lazio a WAY better team.

i have admired valencia for a while...even though i am a lazio fan, i follow valencia every game...they are a great young bunch that have made a name for themselves by coming this far with great performances by every single person in that team....

that is the kind of game i would love to see every week...so much excitement was surrounding the stadium....valencia made hesp look like a fool many times because hesp is just HORRIBLE in handling the ball....i dont know what he is doing in barca..

GREAT GAME VALENCIA
I EXPECT THIS TEAM TO WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
On a different note, I am very pleased about how El Piojo Lopez is playing however wouldn't this raise his price? We only have an agreement with Valencia but we still have not bought him since the transfer market is closed. So all i can say is that his price is getting higher every game

I hope im wrong :) :)

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Well Sveniss as one of the people in Juve forum and those ofcourse who care about points i would say you have a point but then i do not necessarily agree with you that entertainment is the most important thing.

Me personally i have nothing against entertainment but right now we are in a football-business world, whereby points really matter, you can entertain but if you loose big time, then you are screwed you know....
anyway one other thing is that, i am not going to say that Juve is an entertaining side this year...i mean NO! but i do not think that you are doing justice to the Spanish teams by comparing Lazio to them, i think that the Spanish sides are more entertaining than any other Serie A side, and even if to you Lazio seems more entertaining, i think that all the Serie A side are about the same level when it comes to Entertainment...Lazio might be more entertaining than Juve but still....

anyway the topic was Valencia and i was so surprised to see them win, that shows how a great club they are and how a great coach Hector cuper is...but then this proves another point about being too entertaining like Barcelona..one week you shine, the next you suck.

well done Valencia...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The MVP of the game was FARINOS.He firstly erased Rivaldo and when Van Gaal moved Rivaldo to the left and brought Litmanen in he erased Litmanen as well.He opened space and he didnt miss a single battle at the midfield.He also had to play for 2 since Gerard was absolutely horrible and invisible.

Kily Gonzalez is the man.A fantastic winger up to the level of every team.

Lopez was as always fantastic,his first time drive for the 4th goal was simply amazing.

Pellegrino scored one of the dumbest own-goal I've ever seen.I rarely blame a defender for an own-gaol but Pellegrnio just asked for it...he had all the time in the world to see Canizares behind him going for the ball and even I from my couch though the TV could hear the goallie screaming for the ball...I knew he would score an own goal from the moment I saw him sliding,he started to tackle to earlyand he would barely reach the ball,just like a forward should do...what was he thinking?

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eringi an entertaining team doesn´t have to suck one week and rock one week. Last season Lazio played more entertaining then this and we rocked on a weekly basis. Valencia are only 2 points behind a third place and they have a " weaker " squad then both Lazio and Juve ( on paper ).

There is however a different mentality in Serie A compared to La Primera and I think that as tactics come into play more in spain their leauge will slowely become more like our leauge. But I have to say that Roma played some very entertaining football for big parts of this season and then they stopped ?? Lazio have had trouble this season because our strikers have failed us but in the Champions Leauge away against Chelsea and Marsielle we played fun football as well as tactical.

About Lopez: When we signed Lopez he had already scored a mountain of goals last season so if you look at his performance this season he is acctually worse then last season so therefore the price remains. I really hope that we are going to see him in Lazio next season.

Salas - Vieri was amazing but Lopez - Vieri :) can only be better.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'll agree that tonight was a great game,but
in my opinion the result is what counts!!!!

Turn your last line around and you'll see
that it makes sense as well,maybe even more
for the PRESIDENTS!

SEMPRE E SOLO FORZA LAZIO

P.S.Lopez is great,but my duo remains SALAS-VIERI.

[This message has been edited by Reale (edited 03-05-2000).]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
"Turn your last line around and you'll see
that it makes sense as well,maybe even more
for the PRESIDENTS!"

What do you mean Reale and who do you refer to? quite comfused...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

S

·
0 Posts
I saw the game too and I agree with you Svennis- Valencia is GREAT team!!!! Maybe except Claudio Lopez, Valencia doésen´t really have the superstar players, but who cares!! This game of any shows that football is a team sport and it´s about eleven players not 2 or 3 star players.

Every man in Valencia played a great game, they totally chrushed Barca and as you said Svennis, it´s just a minority of fans that doesen´t care about how their team play, as long as they win
-the rest of us care about that beacause it´s not fun to watch a defending team that win every match 1-0, we want to see attacking football, fast football with alot of goalopportunities otherwise it´s not fun!!! am I right? I certainly wouldn´t have a beacome a Lazio-fan if they´d played defensive football!!

And Kily Gonzales!!! what a guy!! He was all over the field, and as Svennis said if we´re gonna buy a stand in for Nedved, Kily Gonzales is the man- he would be perfect as a left midfielder in Lazio

All credits too Valencia, they did a great match and hopefully they´ll meet Real Madrid in the final cause then it will be a more open and fun playing final than if they play Bayern.

Forza Valencia
FORZA LAZIO!!!!!

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
All I can say is that Lazio lost to the best team in the CL this season a couple of weeks a go. I mean, Valencia's gotta be one hell of a team to beat Lazio (the best team in the world) 5-2 and Barca (which, I admit, is a club with lots of talented players)4-1!
And I can't be more happier to know that Claudio Lopez is coming to Rome next season. I hope he could give as much as contribution to Lazio as he did last night to Valencia. :)

D

·
0 Posts
First of all,
Svennis// DeBoer a joke!?? Come on, he might have played a bad game but he is one hell of a player. And that goes for both of them!:)

Second, It´s a good thing that Valencia are so good at the moment, it sure makes Lazios game against them more exusable...

And of corse, thirdly, good attacking
football, attractive football that is, is the thing that attracts new supporters to a team, and I admit i started to support Lazio among other things due to the fact that they played entertaining football.
But then again, wouldnt we prefer a boring game against Bologna, for instance a 1-0 penaltywin, than an entertaing 3-2 loss? Its obvious, isnt it? Now is the time to play like Juve = be incredibly luck and be rewarded for it with penalties. Juve is of course going to get critisized for their playing style, but nevertheless they probably going to end up with the league, or???

The best way to play football is obviously to play entertaining, attacking style and still win the games. If you have the capacity to do that, then that is of course what you should do. And I think both Juve and Lazio have the squad to do just that, but only Lazio trys to do it, even tough I think we can play even more attacking style. Juve is another chapter, unfortunately it looks like it´s going to be sucessful. But their luck ought to run out now.

So, it's hard to say categorically, that the entertaing form of football always is the best. Arent we all dying for the league??

A

·
0 Posts
About the discussion of what is more important entertainment or result, I say that when MY team (Lazio of course) plays I couldn't care less if the game is entertaining or not. It could be so boring that everyone says the game sucked, but if Lazio plays for me the game is entertaining.
Lazio-Perugia 1-0 (goal of Lombardo) was said to be incredibly boring, but I did not notice that. The game was just as great as any other game, of course the games against Chelsea, Roma, Juventus were greater but only because the result would be more important than Lazio-Perugia.
If Lazio-Perugia had been played like it was and ended the same way, and it had been a CL final I would have thought that the game was the best Lazio game I have ever seen.

This means that the RESULT is the most important, at least if you support a team. Because everything that happens is so important, and because of that my emotions are very strong during a game and I don't think that a game that creates emotions could be boring.

If you don't support any team, of course the important is that the game is entertaining !

I think emotions are the most important when you watch a football game, if a game can give you strong emotions it is a VERY good game and entertaining game.

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
I agree with DeBoer's 5th paragraph and AngeloB...
Although ideally what we want to see is an entertaining display/performance, when it concerns my beloved team, sad to say, the result would matter more. But once I'm neutral when watching a game, or at least do not support any of the two sides that much, I'd go for an entertaining match, surely.
Still I wouldn't stop being rather idealistic here. Yes, the result is very important - but the team should always STRIVE to play an entertaining game. By no means should the team be contented to just win and do nothing more!
At the end of the day, yes, I would be happy when my team wins. But if my team loses with dignity, i.e. after it showed great performance/display, entertaining game, and lots of fighting spirit, I would still be proud of my team eventhough they've lost.
The mentality to win at all costs is destroying the game and robs soccer off its beauty. So let's hope for something better for it's possible!
And by the way, yeah, Valencia were GREAT there, I just hope they won't slip up in Nou Camp - for when you talk about Barcelona, they can win 5-0 as easily as lose 0-5 ;P

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
nedved,

i said the same thing about valencia versus lazio...i know valenica wont slip up and give up 5 goals...i thought that lazio can score even more than them, but we saw that valencia played a great game in rome, so expect valencia to advance if they keep calm and play smart like they did against us.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Yes, argentina, that's my hope too that Valencia will be the one to advance into the finals. Personally I don't like Barca, but I also think that Valencia deserve their place in the finals. I just don't want what happened to Chelsea happened again in Nou Camp! But I think Valencia know better than to let the 1st-leg victory overwhelm them. So let's just wait and see ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Of course Barca could pull it off - they're such a phenomenal team. But ... I don't think so. ;)

Valencia are a great team - better than Chelsea, and Cuper is, in my opinion, one of the 2 or 3 best coaches in Europe. He's finally giving Valencia the maturity and professionalism that they lacked last year. Not to mention some decent defense. When you combine that with their explosive attack you have an incredible team!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts