Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valencia president Juan Soler has revealed that the club are in talks with Liverpool striker Milan Baros.

"We are negotiating with the Czech and with four or five players of the same quality,” he told Radio 9.

"These players are from Europe and South America and we are trying to do things in plenty of time, both with Baros and the others."

"Some of the players who are coming are going to replace those already here, so it’s best that we do not speak too much about the subject."

"I don’t want the team to lose concentration as we aim for our objective of returning to Europe."
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I like Baros, he's a very good player who is capable of scoring 20 goals a season with the right service. Who wouldn't enjoy the likes of Aimar and Vicente playing behind you? Could be a great signing.

I would return ALL the Italians back home, because I don't think they are suited for la liga. Valencia could also do with a reduced wage bill.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Apparently a Baros-Baraja swap deal is on the cards, maybe Baraja is seen as a replacement if Gerrard goes?

Personally I wouldn't mind giving you Baros and some cash for Aimar, although I don't know what his situation is, is he back in favour or what?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Like I said in the transfers thread, I'd love to have Baros, but not if that means losing Aimar. I'd like just to pay money and not swap any good player (we can give them Corradi, but they can't be so stupid to agree.)

As for the Italians, I'd get rid of Fiore and Corradi, but I'm not sure about Di Vaio, he's a good player. Moretti is still young.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I wouldn´t want Baros to our striker in 4-5-1, he just doesn´t connect with other players well enough and that´s what´s needed in this system! Also we already have Di Vaio who´s very similar to him and clearly Antonio Lopez wants a different type of player!

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Setzer said:
Like I said in the transfers thread, I'd love to have Baros, but not if that means losing Aimar. I'd like just to pay money and not swap any good player (we can give them Corradi, but they can't be so stupid to agree.)

As for the Italians, I'd get rid of Fiore and Corradi, but I'm not sure about Di Vaio, he's a good player. Moretti is still young.
Just thinking out loud now, but would it be an option for you to swap Baraja for Baros and play Sissoko next to Albelda in midfield?

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
binswhacker said:
Just thinking out loud now, but would it be an option for you to swap Baraja for Baros and play Sissoko next to Albelda in midfield?
It's possible. Especially if we get Edu on a free transfer. We'll have Albelda, Sissoko and Edu, good enough.

Baros actually would excel as the lonely striker because he just doesn't link up well with his partner, unless his name is Jan Koller ;) So playing with Baros upfront with Aimar, Vicente and a class right winger would be brilliant.

Baraja's form has been poor for too long and I think it's time for a change..

·
Registered
300 Posts
I Will Really Appreciate If We Do Not Get Bados , He Does Not Play For The Team But Himself And In This Team You Need To Play For The Team.i Will Prefer We Stick To The Players We Have , Get A Striker From South America Cos It Seems That They Have Mastered The Art Of Our Football Especially Argentines.baraja Should Stay And We Can Enjoy The Best Of Times.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Juventus are trying to hijack Edu's move to Valencia. :frustrat:

I don't think they will be able to do anything much about it though, as far as I am concerned he already has a verbal agreement with Los Ches.

Valencia are going to be quality next season.

Sissoko-Ayala-Marchena-Carboni
---------Baraja-Albelda----------
---Aimar------Edu-------Vicente
-------------Mista---------------

I really hope they keep Mista and start with him, although Milan Baros would be a good option. Santiago Ezquerro would also be a quality signing if you can bring him to the Mestalla.

You certainly can't have Ricardo Oliveira back. :D

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
sissoko is not right defender and baraja maybe stays, he only have 2 very good seasons with valencia and nothing more....valencia needs to finish with the italians first thing !!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Carboni is a great guy and has been also a great player, but I don't think he has to be a starter next season. He's 40 years old already.

If I'm not wrong we've been linked with Kromkamp (AZ), he would be a good substitute.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maximiliano said:
sissoko is not right defender and baraja maybe stays, he only have 2 very good seasons with valencia and nothing more....valencia needs to finish with the italians first thing !!
Sissoko can play on the right, I've seen him play there a few times. Of course, his natural position is a DM, but Albelda and Baraja work very well together and Sissoko is too talented to leave out of the side completely.

Setzer,

You're right about Carboni, he's getting old now but I really respect him.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Don't think there is much in the Baraja - Baros swap. If anything it will be a straight cash deal, wouldn't rule out bids for either Aimar or Vicente from Liverpool though (not saying we'll sign either but I'd be suprised if we don't try).

Oh and could Canizares be heading to Villareal to replace the Liverpool bound Reina?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
CardiffRed said:
Don't think there is much in the Baraja - Baros swap. If anything it will be a straight cash deal, wouldn't rule out bids for either Aimar or Vicente from Liverpool though (not saying we'll sign either but I'd be suprised if we don't try).

Oh and could Canizares be heading to Villareal to replace the Liverpool bound Reina?
I think that Valencia would be crazy swaping any of their stars for Baros. As for Cañizares, I've heard rumours lately, but who knows?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Cañete is too old... thanks to him for everything, but I wouldn't mind if he left the club. We need a substitute, someone better than Palop (even though he's not a bad goalie).

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
You probably have more access to La Liga than me Koeman, how's Reina?

Is he your typical shot stopper who's suspect in the air (crosses etc) or good all rounder?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
binswhacker said:
Would you want a replacement then or do you have confidence in Palop?
I have confidence in Palop, but I'm not sure if he should be a starter. If Santi leaves we need another goalie, after that he and Palop will have to fight for a place in the starting eleven.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Setzer said:
I have confidence in Palop, but I'm not sure if he should be a starter. If Santi leaves we need another goalie, after that he and Palop will have to fight for a place in the starting eleven.
Ok, who then? :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
NEO said:
I wouldn´t want Baros to our striker in 4-5-1, he just doesn´t connect with other players well enough and that´s what´s needed in this system! Also we already have Di Vaio who´s very similar to him and clearly Antonio Lopez wants a different type of player!
Same here.
Stongly against the idea of getting baros.
His style just doesn't suit.
Of course, i won't mind if its getting the ex la liga midfielder from liverpool :devil:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
binswhacker said:
Ok, who then? :)
Don't ask me... everybody knows who are the best keepers, but there are lots of unknown goalies that could do the job very well. Cech wasn't very famous when Chelsea signed him, Kameni too...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts