Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 496 Posts

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday in the meeting of the consejo, they have mentioned a couple of important stuff, including the Valencia preseason, they mentioned friendlies against Bochum, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Newcastle and a possible visit to Emirates! and it is expected to bring us 300,000 euros :thumbsup:

·
anti-epl
2,076 Posts
can't they get their asses out of europe?

heck even relegated Parma is in China now.:wallbang:

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Really? No idea. Maybe they're here to help the earthquake rebuilding.:drunk::drunk:

I know Juventus are coming without all the big stars, though.:wallbang:

Anyway I won't be going unless Valencia comes but... that's not likely.

I had hoped Spain could pay more attention to the Olympics...:moan::moan:

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
I'm all for it, we need a lengthly preseason for all of Vicente, Sunny, Banega, Angulo (if he's staying), Morientes etc. to get match fit. Plus it'll give Pablo and del Horno time to fit in again and also Unai time to know who to keep and who give the finger to.

Our most successful years under Benitez, we used to put a lot of effort in to preseasons with double training sessions etc.

It can back fire though if not done and planned properly. We don't want to be fatigued by December.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
The Eufa cup is more tiresome than the CL IMO, mainly due to the places you have to travel, the time you have to play and not to mention that games are played only two days before the League matches start.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
3 days I think.

They won't make us play on Thursday then on Saturday.

But you never know with Villar in charge:rolleyes:
He'd probably make Real and Barca play on Sunday (even though they played on Wed/Tue), and us on Saturday:pp

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
That also depends on if we have an upcoming game on midweek like Tuesdays or Wednesdays in the Liga or Copa.

Oh and leave Villar alone, Madridistas mainly like to use him as an excuse whenever something goes wrong for them :finger: :pp

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Yeah so we'll have half our players injured before the season even starts :D

Anyway I think playing English teams are a good way to regain fitness and focus, because of the way they play. They do too much shit, too fast :pp

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Yeah so we'll have half our players injured before the season even starts
Barton is in jail atm, no worries.:pp

·
Registered
773 Posts
9 Aug Newcastle v Valencia

Premier League side have announced they will be playing a friendly against the Ches in Saint James Park.

17 and 24 Aug Spanish Supercup

Two leg fixture between league champions Real Madrid and cup winners Valencia. First leg in Mestalla stadium, return at the Bernabeu. See separate section for details.

-----------------------------------------------
full programme
http://www.soccer-spain.com/ssdocs/archive2008/preseason2008.html

·
Honorable Mention, October Photo Contest 2008
2,592 Posts
anyone know where i can get tickets for this? other than newcastle! lol

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
I think the training began today.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Preseason starts July 14, the boys that will be back Hildebrand, Guaita, Baraja, Albelda, Morientes, Angulo, Vicente, Helguera, Mata, Joaquin, Zigic, Arizmendi, Alexis, Edu, Moretti, Del Horno, Fernandes :party:, David Navarro and Pablo Hernandez. Sisi and Gavilán have there holidays extended until July 16, Miguel till the 21st, Viana and Butelle till the 25th, and the Euro boys till 28th. Torres is still recovering from injury and Estoyanoff will be back from C.A. Peñarol soon. Éver and Maduro are at the Olympics as you know...

1 - 20 of 496 Posts