Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
anti-epl
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to this report Valencia is the 19th richest.I was hoping somewhere in the top 10.Also i am a little jealous of those english clubs.Even if Man city,Totenham have never played in the CL,they still get lots of revenue from TV rights & aggressive marketing,especially in the far east.

·
Registered
9,400 Posts
19th? that's alright considering we had alot of debts a couple of years ago. Also I believe with this squad that we have now we will be able to continually take a CL spot which will makes us alot of money!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Revenue means nothing when you have to compare it with costs. So all the big teams may actually fall off the list once you take a look at how much they are spending.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Football clubs are not businesses. It's more important how big the trophy cabinet is rather than the bank balance.

Some clubs don't mind being in debt, they dip in and out all the time. The debt problem only arises when you keep going down.

Real Madrid wiped out £200m of debt by selling their training ground in downtown Madrid. (at an inflated price to the government).

Valdano once said: 'Real is a machine for printing money. The club has more problems with having too much money than too little.'

·
Registered
9,400 Posts
DonJuan21 said:
Guess i simply GOTTA go to a Valencia match soon! I just have to expirience Mestalla before we get a new stadium!
You just have to go! the atmosphere is one of the best in Mestalla in the world! mainly because of the extremely steep stands which makes the stadium really compact and full of noise and the athmoshpere you sometimes can touch! :D I've been 8 times now though none this season due to budget problems hehe.

Apparently they're going to call the new stadium Nou Mestalla (New Mestalla in the valencian language) well not the most original name but doesn't matter that much :)

But don't be surprised if the stadium close to opening gets revealed as Toyota Stadium hehe

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
atleti is not in this?? before, atleti always was in top 10 !!! maybe after we sell the calderon we will be there again

·
Registered
394 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts