Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reead today that Galatasaray is interested ina Brazilian player named Valdson who was scouted and liked by another Turkish team Besiktas. The Turkish press though gives no other info on the player except that he is a good and pretty famous player in Brazil. Can my Brazilan friends her help me who could this Valdson be? :) thank you

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ahh now I know who it is its defender Mendes Bezerra Valdson from Vitoria. All I know now is that he is 24 is he any good really is he good enough for a team with ambitions of winning the UEFA Champions League! :) thank you

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
He's quite good coming out for the game. He's not all that famous, unless you follow Rio football closely.

Garrincha can give you a better review as he played for Botafogo!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I Recommend Valdson

Valdson is a central defender who still plays for Botafogo - he was just loaned to Vitoria for one semester - who has truckloads of talent. I mean, this guy is FAR more skillful (i'm talking about skills like ball control, passing and anticipation) than Hakan Sukur, for instance. HUGELY talented, he definitely has the potential to become a world-class defender - and considering Brazil's current crop of defenders, he might yet become the finest Brazilian defender of his generation.

Despite being extremely talented, he has two big problems: he has shiit for brains (so he made some mistakes due to overconfidence, like trying to do a backheel pass inside the area, which was intercepted and became a goal). And Botafogo's current team sucks, so no matter how well he does, he can't do everything.

I see a transfer as inevitable, and though it annoys me, I'm realistic; a near-bankrupt club needs to sell its top players, it's like that everywhere. :groan: :depress: If your team signs Valdson, be sure of one thing: If correctly handled, this kid can be the star of any team he plays in - you have to see him in defense to believe him. If he didn't feck up professionally as often as he did in the past, he might even be among Scolari's defenders in this year's WC - he's FAR better than Roque Junior, just to name one. But he's young, and WC 2006 is right around the corner, right? ;)

I just hope Botafogo gets a decent transfer fee. That's how bad things are for Botafogo. Depressing, huh? :( :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts