Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who should be the choice in the near future and in a long term? still rustu has chance? how far can jorguera with his potential? may valdes get rid of his mistakes? any other options beside the above three?

without doubt all of them have some talent. rustu is most experienced. jorguera's advantage is time. valdes now is in a better form with some ocassion mistakes though.

in that only game i saw jorguera, he impressed me very deeply!

·
Registered
967 Posts
1. valdes
2. jorquera
3. rustu

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
Jorquera has time on his side? He's older than Valdés, Saviola, Ronaldhino, Gerard, Gabri and Xavi to name but a few and the same age as Rafa Marquez, who has 45 caps for his country.
1/ Jorquera
2/ Valdés
3/ Rustu

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jorguera is older than valdes i dunno. :confused: :D

but i remember how well rustu played in your usa tour during the last summer holiday. the language problem didn't frustrate him that time, but affected him deeply now?! football is the langauge on the field. good lucky to rustu.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Rustuis the best one from that list! if the spanish federation can consider him as an EU player as Nihat, he should be our first goal keeper.
Valdes is a good goal keeper, but i can't see him between the dream team we are dreaming to make! he can't satisfy me for having a fix place in the first team!
Jorguera, i've seen ONE match for this keeper, i completely CAN'T judge!! none can judge, remember Arnau, he played three amaaazing matches in the CL, but he waaaaas crap after that!
ciaaaao

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Mohammad said:
Rustuis the best one from that list! if the spanish federation can consider him as an EU player as Nihat, he should be our first goal keeper.
Valdes is a good goal keeper, but i can't see him between the dream team we are dreaming to make! he can't satisfy me for having a fix place in the first team!
Jorguera, i've seen ONE match for this keeper, i completely CAN'T judge!! none can judge, remember Arnau, he played three amaaazing matches in the CL, but he waaaaas crap after that!
ciaaaao
Arnau was always crap, and Jorquera hes showed since the beginning on last season hes been good (ive watched him consistantly enough in barca b) but before that period i didnt rate him.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Got this from another forum.

"FC Barcelona president Laporta spoke to the press about the "FEF's refusal of Barcelona's request in giving Rustu Recber EU status".

Spanish FA (FEF) had previously gave permission to turkish international, Real Sociedad striker Nihat Kahveci to obtain EU status in La Liga.

However the same federation is expected to officially announce that they will not give permission to Rustu Recber to play as an EU player in FC Barcelona.

The 3 non EU player rule in La Liga forces Barcelona management to keep the turkish goalkeeper as a substitute in La Liga matches.

Barcelona is going to appeal about this un-fair decision of the FEF."

If Rustu gets EU status, he would automatically become the number 1 in my opinion. And if Saviola would just get that damn EU passport instead of mucking about, we'd be in a much better position in terms of bringing in new guys. I don't want to sacrifice a non EU guy for another just because of some stupid A*s rule when we might want both.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:

"FC Barcelona president Laporta spoke to the press about the "FEF's refusal of Barcelona's request in giving Rustu Recber EU status".

Spanish FA (FEF) had previously gave permission to turkish international, Real Sociedad striker Nihat Kahveci to obtain EU status in La Liga.

However the same federation is expected to officially announce that they will not give permission to Rustu Recber to play as an EU player in FC Barcelona.

The 3 non EU player rule in La Liga forces Barcelona management to keep the turkish goalkeeper as a substitute in La Liga matches.

If Rustu gets EU status, he would automatically become the number 1 in my opinion. And if Saviola would just get that damn EU passport instead of mucking about, we'd be in a much better position in terms of bringing in new guys. I don't want to sacrifice a non EU guy for another just because of some stupid A*s rule when we might want both.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

X

·
0 Posts
if he [rustu] gets more chances to start and eu, iam sure he'll become no.1 for seasons.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:

I'd stick with Valdés and send Rüstü packing back to Turkey. About El Conejito, he was promissed a big amount of money by Gaspart if he became a spanish citizen. But the new managment refuses to give him any money and thinks that he should do it for free. I'm affraid that he if doesn't do it, he'll be sold.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
He should do it for free. Not because of the money itself, but it would be a nice way to win over doubting fans, if he sacrificed that money for the benefit of the club. Laporta should have went to him with a revised contract and said "sign it or leave".

As for Rustu, it's puzzling (although not surprising) that we have to suffer while others don't over the same rule.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
1 Valdes
2 Jorquera

Rustu is a nice guy,a supertalented goalkeeper that can be a clown on his bad day and sucks with his feet.Thanks but no thanks.We have two talented spanish and young keepers on VV and Jorquera that can only get better with their constant "contest" against each other and we should stick with them

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
after the game last night, i think jorguera won the battle. he can be the best even rustu and valdes are in form. he is simply the best last five years for barca from what i have been seeing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts