Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MADRID, April 11 (DS) - Real Madrid midfielder Claude Makelele made an excellent piece of work in yesterday's 2-0 victory over Bayern Munich.
And perhaps, it was Makelele's outstanding performance that made Real sporting manager Jorge Valdano announce: "Makelele is not for sale!"
According to Spanish Marca, Valdano stressed also that AC Milan Ukrainian international Andrey Shevchenko is not anymore in Real's plans.
"We are interested in signing champions. Though I do respect Sheva, unfortunately he has no titles."
Commenting on the numerous reports in the Italian media, linking Roberto Carlos with Internazionale, Valdano said: "Carlos is a unique player. He is outstanding on his wing. Only Cafu (Roma) can compare to him. As for the rumors linking our Brazilian defender with the Milan side, I can only say Roberto is very happy at Santiago Bernabeu. But if he wants to leave, we won't force him to stay."
The manager added that young defender Pavon copes well with his task in the defensive line, hinting that Helguera may move back to make a pair with Pavon.
Valdano also expressed his surprise about the fact that in Italy a good defender costs as much as a good forward.
"Italy is the only country where we can see such a strange thing. There was only one defender in the history of football who was worth the best forward - Franco Baresi," Valdano concluded.

:) it's good to see that Makelele is getting a no sale tag! I think the early favorite of player of the month:D

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Well, we keep hearing more statements everyday, Valdano can become a politician anyday, he seems to have those "talking" skills.

Makelele has been one of our most consistent, dependaple players this year, just like Helguera was last year. I hope he gets the appreciation he deserves :star:

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Vamps, the next tribute should be for this guy. :)

I read this also, theres no chance of selling any of our best and consistent players and he definitely falls in that category.

One of the favourites for player of the season.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Hoseman said:
Vamps, the next tribute should be for this guy. :)
Well, anyone can go ahead and write any player tribute :) it doesn't have to be me.

I don't have alot i can write about Makelele since i have only been observing him for two years, but i will try to put something together.

For now, lets share our thoughts on our current featured player: Guti! ;)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I made a thread with the player ratings after the Bayern game, and unfortunately it didn't show:depress: Some database error at Xtratime:yuck:

ANyway I commented there, that Makelele was the MoM along with Solari... i'm hardly surprised by Valdano's comment, because it was another majestic performance from our fellow:proud: Everyone ssaying how weak Bayern were going forward... well, here's the reason why. Makelele was just a class above everyone in their midfield this wednesday.
Right now he has every claim to be mentioned as the best DM in the world:star:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Get another Makelele and our backline will be almost watertight!! :drool:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
yes,i very much love the guy.his appearing in the defence midfirld position means fixedness.i nearly shark the insistence to watch franch NT play on wc becuz of the guy.:D

he strengthens the team and the club help him up coming into franch NT.;)

and im glad to hear you wanna write sth for him and for other merengues.indubitably our board are the best-established and the fans are the most expert.very well done and keep up!:proud:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts