Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
THE
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home, March 15
Well, they have done everything off the pitch to make the teams life hellish.

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
HTT 1-0 , a sublime show of quality football, we had like 4 strong cases for a penalty (handball, drogba tackled, joe cole tackle, another tacke i cant remembeR) and something like 17 clear chances, could have been 3-0 or 4-0.......

2 things worth noting:

1) gudjhonson is playing as a deep midfielder and is playin well! i have said for sometime his passing range is reason enough to mould him into an attacking midfielder...

2) joe cole is playing his guts out producin the football of his life! i have never seen em that good. no chance in hell he would leave chelsea and with robben its hard to leave em out..perhaps he could take tiago's place...how the hell he is out of the england squad when dyer and shaun philips r playing is amazing to me...

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
My opinion of Drogba drops nearly every game, how many chances does he need to score... its ridiculous. It got to the point where they practically stuck the ball on the line for him to tap in. Could easily be 4-5 goals up with a better striker.

SWP is better than cole, fact. Cole however is many times better than Dyer, I'm not sure what Dyer even does. He is an attacking player who doesn't like to score. :wallbang: Cole has generally been in the squad though.

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
11 pts...we can now lose to man utd, arsenal , and newcastle in our last 9 games and still win the league by 2 pts...

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
Marc said:
My opinion of Drogba drops nearly every game, how many chances does he need to score... its ridiculous. It got to the point where they practically stuck the ball on the line for him to tap in. Could easily be 4-5 goals up with a better striker.

SWP is better than cole, fact. Cole however is many times better than Dyer, I'm not sure what Dyer even does. He is an attacking player who doesn't like to score. :wallbang: Cole has generally been in the squad though.

an objective look at cole's performance today and against barcelona, and lookin at SWP's performances for england (holland a case in point),,not much there to stop cole from being an england starter..

as for drogba today's performance is a one-off,,dont forget this is his 3rd game after comin from injury and needs time to get sharp again...

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
KHALID said:
an objective look at cole's performance today and against barcelona, and lookin at SWP's performances for england (holland a case in point),,not much there to stop cole from being an england starter..

as for drogba today's performance is a one-off,,dont forget this is his 3rd game after comin from injury and needs time to get sharp again...
An objective look at their CAREER'S and SWP should be a starter. SWP scored a goal on his debut, a great goal. Tore up the Ukraine's right. Against Holland the whole team wasn't bothering, the tactics were utter shite and SWP had to keep going on the left as well as Sven essentially saying "this is it" as he has done to others in the past. Frankly, I'm amazed he had the balls to show up under such crap circumstances. Cole is a great player when on form, no denying that. But when SWP is on form, he is his own team. Cole has missed open goals for England with all the time in the world, so lets just clear that one up. :)

I don't think so, he has done it MANY times this season. What about the Barca game, a one on one and drags it woefully wide. Looks like he may be injured again. Its an opinion but I just don't rate the guy, considering his goal record... the facts tend to back that up.

Anyway, good win for you guys... could and should have been a more convincing one though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Bigger issue for England is if Beckham will/should start before Cole or SWP, given that Lampard and Gerrard are locks. lol same left side issue for England. Play like Chelsea and its fixed or have A. Cole play midfield :p

I saw the first half and we were all over them. Should have been more goals but a win is a win.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
is a bit hard for joe cole to get a regular international spot since has not really been playing regularly for chelsea this season while SWP has. he was rated as the best young prospect some years back and its good to see that is playing well again. he will be a great player when he hits form and has a regular spot, but i think that JM said he doesnt really like him because when its time to defend as a team he doesnt do that.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Paying £24m for a striker you'd expect more than him to miss 6 or 7 great chances. As I've thought all along, Drogba really isnt worth the money. Compare his performance to that of Adriano's on the same night and tell me who's more value for money?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
it was never stated that drogba was actually worth the money that was paid for him, but then alot of players around the world are worth their transfer fees. RVN wasnt worth his fee when he came to man utd from psv, i really dont think that rooney is worth the ammount that was paid for him. maybee in the long run it will but at the present moment he isint.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts