Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
THE
14,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd leg of WC. Spurs, West Ham, Spurs, West Ham... how many times we have to beat these teams??!!
Anyway, we won the first game 2-1 and hopefully we'll go throught again. team choice is difficult again, since Zola was great and Petit is back and all our strikers scored last time.

·
THE
14,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tottenham 5-1 Chelsea (6-3 on aggregate)

Steffen Iversen set them on their way after just two minutes against a woeful Chelsea, who had Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink sent off to complete a miserable night.

A stunning strike from Tim Sherwood put Spurs ahead on aggregate, and Teddy Sheringham's volley early in the second half effectively decided matters.

Iversen, starting his first game since August in place of the injured Les Ferdinand, clearly enjoys the semi-final stage of this competition.

It was his goal at Selhurst Park which saw off Wimbledon in the second leg in 1999, when Spurs went on to lift the trophy.

Tottenham started the match bristling with purpose and levelled the tie on aggregate within two minutes.

Sheringham, returning after suspension, cleverly allowed a long ball from Ledley King to drift over him into the path of Mauricio Taricco.

The Argentine wing-back saw his shot beaten out by Carlo Cudicini into the path of John Terry, but as the Chelsea centre half dithered, Iversen nipped in to fire home left-footed from six yards out.

Stunned by that early blow, the Blues suffered another after ten minutes when Dutch winger Boudewijn Zenden was stretchered off after a touchline challenge from Sheringham.

Sam Dalla Bonna entered the fray and appeared to have helped Chelsea gain some measure of midfield parity, but Tottenham seized command with a stunning strike from Sherwood on 33 minutes.

Darren Anderton's corner to the edge of the box was a familiar tactic, but no Chelsea defender picked up Sherwood, who lashed a thunderous shot right-footed into the roof of the net, his first goal since November 2000.

Gus Poyet, who moments earlier had seen a snap-shot superbly tipped over by Cudicini, might have added a third before the interval when his header was blocked by Terry.

Emmanuel Petit went close at the other end, but Chelsea's hopes of getting back into the tie were all but extinguished five minutes after the break.

Anderton's cross from the left was beautifully chested down by Poyet into the path of Sheringham, whose right-foot volley was of the highest quality.

Chelsea's misery was compounded after 55 minutes when Hasselbaink was dismissed in what appeared a clear case of mistaken identity.

Mario Melchiot raised a hand to Sheringham's face, but his fellow Dutchman was given his marching orders instead, to his obvious consternation.

Chelsea sent on Mikael Forssell and Gianfranco Zola in a last throw of the dice, but Spurs put the issue beyond doubt 15 minutes from time.

Davies, who had earlier gone close from a similar position, beat Cudicini at his near post after being set up by the outstanding Anderton.

Rebrov, on as a substitute for Iversen, rounded off a triumphant night four minutes from time by tucking home the fifth.

Forssell conjured a superb individual goal for Chelsea in the closing moments, but it was scant consolation.

Goals: Iversen 2, Sherwood 33, Sheringham 50, Davies 76, Rebrov 87.

Chelsea: Cudicini, Desailly, Gallas, Terry, Melchiot (Zola 70), Petit (Forssell 66), Stanic, Zenden (Dalla Bona 11), Lampard, Hasselbaink, Gudjohnsen.
Subs Not Used: de Goey, Ferrer.
Sent Off: Hasselbaink (55).
Booked: Melchiot.
Goals: Forssell 90.

--------------------

Well, I'm not saying it was not importand game in worthless cup, but seeing their reactions one could think they concered the world. Enjoy, you gotta wait for another 30 games or so and 10 years when it happens again.

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
exactly kat, youd think they went top of the league or something

hey Id gladly take a breaking of the duck in the worthless cup even if it is a walloping, enjoy it and lap it up coz theres no more where that came from for another 30 matches

·
THE
14,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, one game you win 5-1 and lose the next one...
Zenden is out for about 6 weeks thanks to Sheringam's tackle. Hassel's red car is of course appiled, it should be canceled.

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
welcome chelsea sw6 :) btw what does sw6 stand for?

This site is probably the busiest interactive fan discussion board on the web, unfortunately there arent too many chelsea fans here, but its a cosy little forum with some good posters and a nice moderator, a new regular is very welcome :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
hi ya giorgos
i tryed to leave you a message at 2pm but the computer wouldnt do it so i will try again
not many chelsea on here but i thought it was a chelsea site?
the sw6 in my user name is a london postcode every place has one the chelsea address is

Chelsea Football Club
Fulham Road
London
SW6 ihs

thats why its the sw6 at the end
if you say your team is from sw6 the other teams fans knows who you are
hear from you soon

·
THE
14,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, it's not a Chelsea site, if you look around you see that practically all football is covered here and English football and Chelsea aren't the big part of it. Seems to me I'm the only regular C supporter here.
Oh and Welcome :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Come on people, now it is the worthless cup, ok this is a bit late to gloat so i will not. It was a very good victory. U may mock and say worthless Cup, WorthIt Cup, but untill u went out it was an intergral part of your season and i think Ranieri thought it was a legitimate way into europe becuase he fielded a full strength team most of the way through the competition. U r no Man U, Liverpool or (Pains me to say it) Arsenal and any route into Europe is good for u!!

Ok Ok Hasslebaink should not have been sent off, but if u cast ure minds back to the league match earlier this season at the lane u will see that Jimmy managed to get a penalty for falling over.

I dont think this was a one off, i can see us making sure that u do not become our jinx team again. I am not saying we will win every game from now on, but i think it will be alot closer!!

Think now, it doesnt look like the CL this season, and the FA Cup will be hard to win, so u must make sure that u end up in the top 5/6, well with ure inconsistent form it will be difficult!!

I know u will say, "Well Who The Hell R Spurs" well, ok since the EPL started we have not been the best, but with Glenn, our new youngsters and the team playing the best football in the league, we will be back amongst the big boys soon ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
to Kat
but i thought this was a chelsea site if not why dose it say chelsea at the top of the page and why are the letters mainly about chelsea and at the bottom of the page you can switch to another team :confused:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Chelsea sw6, this is a general sports discussion forum, this section is the Chelsea Forum, there are many other forums in such as the tottenham hotspur section or Inter Milan section.

The reason u see chelsea at the top is becuase the topics posted here are ones that relate to Chelsea!

But u dont have to be a chelsea fan to post here ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
o i see so this is just like a chelsea page on a site?
still glad i found it i will only go on this page as its the chelsea one
just read your other letter about jimmys pen ok maybe was maybe wasnt but what about lampards pen we never got you cant say that wasnt a pen m8 so you got one but not the other thats football

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yeah this is the chelsea part, but u should move around, thats how u become famous like me :confused: (only joking)

When should have lampard got a penalty?? i am confused?? please explain!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
about 15 mins after the hasselbaink pen lampard went down triped by the keeper then lampard got sent off for his reaction of not getting the pen do you remember now? aftere being triped he then turned round to have a go at i think perry? then got sent off the ref was never gonna give another one was he? if you still dont remember try and get a copy of the game

·
THE
14,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Modica, I never said it was a worthless game. The result was a big blow, but it wasn't the end of the world. The others big teams are also out, it happens. But to see how you wet your pants over this is good, it makes me feel that Chelsea is the best club in the world and you suceeded something nobody ever has done before.

·
Registered
688 Posts

Posted By: Giorgos

hey Id gladly take a breaking of the duck in the worthless cup even if it is a walloping, enjoy it and lap it up coz theres no more where that came from for another 30 matches
[/B]
Posted By: Chelsea SW6

i hate spuds wish we never bothered about that worthit cup now [/B]
Kat, i never said u said anything about the cup, if u read my post i did not say "Kat why did u say the worthless cup", i am also not saying that we have won the league of anything like that. But what i am saying is that we beat u in a competition u wanted to win. But now that u r out the fans are calling it the "Worthless Cup" or "Worth It" cup only becuase they are bitter at going out, and are bitter at going out in such a manner!!

Sure i am happy, its the first time we have beaten u since the EPL began and we beat u with style. I dont know if u saw the match and saw the way Spurs played, but we played as a team, all working for each other and playing for the club. U look at the Chelsea team (Bar Zola - Jimmy) u r filled with a bunch of Prima Donna's who are ageing and quickly. 4 years ago u went for quick success and it worked, 2 FA-Cups and a european trophy etc but the squad is not consistent enough to win the league, and i am sorry Kat but it has to be said.

I am happy, as any other self respecting spurs fan should be at such a time, we r on the verge of winning a trophy and getting into europe, i am sorry if this is deemed as "Wetting Our Pants" but we will take the flack that we get, but when the other 12-13 teams in the league are only dreaming of Euro football we have a chance to play!!

Caio

Roberto

·
THE
14,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Modica82 said:

U look at the Chelsea team (Bar Zola - Jimmy) u r filled with a bunch of Prima Donna's who are ageing and quickly. 4 years ago u went for quick success and it worked, 2 FA-Cups and a european trophy etc but the squad is not consistent enough to win the league, and i am sorry Kat but it has to be said.

I am happy, as any other self respecting spurs fan should be at such a time, we r on the verge of winning a trophy and getting into europe, i am sorry if this is deemed as "Wetting Our Pants" but we will take the flack that we get, but when the other 12-13 teams in the league are only dreaming of Euro football we have a chance to play!!

Caio

Roberto
How charmingally unoriginal. Ever bothered to actually check our squad age???Keepers, Cudicini and Bosnich are 28 and 30, not old for keepers; defenders Gallas 24, Terry 21, Dessa is older, 34 and Babayaro 23; strikers, Hassel 29 and Gudjohnsen 23, the most scoring double in PL, Forrsell 20; Lampard 23, Morris 21, Dalla Bona 20, Melchoit 25, Stanic 29, Gronkjaer 24, Zenden 25, Petit 31, Jokanovic 33. So awfully old you see. Everybody still prases Zola's goal.

You haven't won it yet. Others including us, is still fighting for the Euro places in the league.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Fair enough u have some young stars, but IMO i dont believe your as good as your fans seem to believe!! we will have to wait and see at the end of the season what happens.

I agree on the praises for Zola's goal, i am Italian and was happy when he scored that goal and said it was in the memory of that young boy, it goes to show that football is not just about the money or the fame.

but i think i have caused trouble, i didnt come here to do that, i was just a bit upset about the fact that we have won a match and played some of the best football of the season and i came here just to see the reaction, but was confronted by people who have just rudiculed a perfectly good competition. I dont feel the FA-Cup is any better, just has more tradition but it has been suppassed by the WC Euro Championships and the CL, i dont see why it is more important that the Worthington Cup as the goals at the end are the same, some silverware and a route into the UEFA cup.

But Kat, i know u enjoy a good bit of banter in here, it is a bit quiet, and all i have done is added a bit of spice to the forum ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts