Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The club is heading for a new season, and this one looks like it's gonna be exciting. The team has played some excellent football in their pre-season games, and with some great new signings, it's gonna be great to follow this team in Tippeligaen.

David Hanssen has impressed everyone who's seen him this winter, Stian Ohr has great speed and seems to enjoy playing with Tobias Grahn. Arneng works hard in the midfield, Kah has great skills, Hagen does the work in defence, it's looking good.

NorwegianWiz

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Great idea, I hope you will come by and keep the thread alive, and give us news on the club.

A lot of people aren't too positive about Vålerenga this season, but I think you will prove them wrong. The squad you had when you got when you got relegated was in reality much too strong to go down, and it was a shock to most people. Now that Rekdal has strengthened the team, first last season, and now considerably this season, I definetly think a mid table placing is within reach. Whether or not the team in 2003 can close in on the top, is too early to say, but if Rekdal and his new players do well, anything is possible.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
News

No big news about Vålerenga today (Tuesday), the guys are preparing for their next pre-season game against Start. Enga beat Odd last Saturday 3-1 without Erik Hagen (away with NT) and Stian Ohr (rested), and Tobias Grahn only played the last 20 minutes.

Start on Saturday should be another win, considering they were pretty even last year, Vålerenga has strengthened their team, while Start's done the opposite. Ohr will, if he plays, get to meet his old teammates (the few that are left) and show them why he chose to go to Enga.

The game will, as almost all the other pre-season games, be played in Vallhall. It's a really nice indoor field, which I'm sure will help Enga a lot. The grass is a new type of artificial grass that was approved by FIFA only two years ago. It's softer than the usual type, doesn't hurt your ankles that much and feels more like natural grass. I have pleasure of practicing there myself every Wednesday, it's excellent !!!

NorwegianWiz

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
I agree with you about Valhall, I think it will be of the utmost importance for VIF, having a proper hall is not only a benefit, but a necessity in modern Norwegian football. Valhall is also a prime example, and very good for football in Oslo all in all.

About Start, they have know bought a few new players after they got their economy out of the red numbers, so I think that they migt be tougher than you think.

Personally I would love to hear your take on the match, and if you see it, hear how Ohr did, and also the new Start players.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I read Start had signed some Finnish winger and some Eastern European guy from a Danish club, so they're gonna be stronger, but I still think Enga should beat them.
I won't be able to go watch the game, as it's my birthday on Saturday (18, finally !!!), but I'm gonna go watch some other pre-season games.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Enga wins

The Norwegian FA decided on Tuesday that Enga does not have to pay any of the money they got when Carew joined Valencia to Lørenskog. Lørenskog said they should get 5M NOK, but Enga refused, and the FA agreed with Vålerenga.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
I hope you have a happy birthday tomorrow Wiz :party: :happy:

It's incredible that Lørenskog are still going on about that money...I thought the Carew money was settled years ago, sounds like someone is a bit greedy :greed:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yupp, had a great birthday ! Drank my first legal beers :D :D , and Vålerenga beat Start 1-0.

According to Aftenposten, Start played well in the first half, but Enga held on and took over after the break. Tobias Grahn scored the winner after 46 minutes, and it looks like he will be a very important man for Enga this year.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found the Enga team from the game on Saturday vs Start:

Øyvind Bolthof

Ronny Døhli
Erik Hagen
Andreas Augustsson
Tom Henning Hovi

Pa Modou Kah
David Hanssen
Bjørn Arild Levernes

Stian Ohr
Kristen Viikmäe
Tobias Grahn

Substitutions:
57 mins: Grahn out, Petter Belsvik in
70 mins: Hovi out, Knut Henry Haraldsen in
75 mins: Viikmäe out, Lennart Steffensen in

Tobias Grahn scored the winner after 46 minutes !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Arild Andersen

There were rumours on Tuesday saying that Enga are looking to sign Haugesund defender Arild Andersen. Andersen prefers to play on the left side of the defence, which is a position Enga is looking to strengthen. VIF have had several players on trial during the winter, but they have yet to find the one they want. AT the moment, out-of-favour players Hai Ngoc Tran and Lennart Steffensen are the two alternatives, considering that Tom Henning Hovi enjoys a more central position.

Andersen himself commented the rumours in Haugesunds Avis:
- I'm 30 years old, and this could be the last chance to make some money in soccer for me.

Haugesund are not happy about the situation, saying they can't afford to lose more players.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Beating Start 1-0 at home isn't exactly great, but a win is a win. Must have been a special game for Stian Ohr though. The VIF team didn't seem too impressive, were you resting some players?

I hope you sign Andersen, it will be a good signing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Enga beats Stabæk

Pre-season game, Saturday February 9, 2002:

Vålerenga - Stabæk 3-2 (2-2)
Attendance: 501
Goals:
1-0 Tobias Grahn (2)
1-1 Christian Holter (4)
1-2 Christian Wilhelmsson (25)
2-2 Petter Belsvik (32)
3-2 Andreas Augustsson (90)

Vålerenga: Morten Bakke - Ronny Døhli, Andreas Augustsson, Knut Henry Haraldsen, Tom Henning Hovi - Stian Ohr (79. Knut Hovel Heiaas), Johan Arneng (83. Bjørn Arild Levernes), David Hanssen (70. Pa Modou Kah) - Freddy Dos Santos (63. Aasmund Bjørkan), Petter Belsvik (75. Kristen Viikmäe), Thobias Grahn

Both teams showed some poor defending and great attacking in this game, but Vålerenga came out deserved winners (according to their own web site...). Enga changed 6 players in the starting 11 from the last game, resting Erik Hagen, and trying out some new attacking options. Enga showed great potential, but need more concetrated defending. You can easily see that the team isn't ready for the season to start yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Next Game

Vålerenga are looking forward to take on reigning Norwegian champions for the last decade, Rosenborg, in Vallhall on Wednesday. The game will be a chance for Enga to see what level they should be playing on if they want to win trophies.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Guys, what do you think of this Viikmäe, is he any good?
IMO he lacks fitness a little and is injury prone. What do you know about him?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Viikmäe lavks a little bit to be a big goal scorer, I haven't seen him play lately, but he is not on the same level as Belsvik.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Enga played another game this Saturday. They beat local rivals Skeid 3-0. The goals were scored by Petter Belsvik (pen 52, 82) and Aasmund Bjørkan (55). Enga played very poor in the first half, Thobias Grahn's red card (for kicking Jørgen Tengesdal) was the only remarkable incident. Enga came on in the second half with more aggresion, eager to show Skeid who's the better team.

Vålerenga: Øyvind Bolthof - Ronny Døhli, Andreas Augustsson (66. Knut Henry Haraldsen), Erik Hagen, Andreas Welo (46. Tom Henning Hovi) - Aasmund Bjørkan (76. Lennart Steffensen), Pa-Modou Kah, Johan Arneng, Kristen Viikmäe (46. Stian Ohr) - Petter Belsvik, Tobias Grahn

Enga tested out another left back, Andreas Welo, after giving Bjørn Arild Levernes the chance vs Rosenborg. Hovi is the best one in that position in the current squad, but his main goal is to play as a central defender. Kjetil Rekdal will continue his search for a replacement...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ooops, never had the opportunity to write about the game vs Rosenborg last Wednesday.

The game ended with a 1-1 tie, after Kristen Vikkmäe opened the scoring after 58 minutes from a Levernes cross. Harald Brattbakk leveled the game after 78 minutes on a free kick.

Vålerenga: Morten Bakke - Ronny Døhli, Erik Hagen, Andreas Augustsson, Bjørn Arild Levernes (79. Andreas Welo) - Stian Ohr, Johan Arneng, Pa-Modou Kah, David Hanssen - Kristen Viikmae (82. Åsmund Bjørkan), Petter Belsvik

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Bailemos, can you please tell me what your relationship with Viikmäe is?? A bit funny, that you singled out him. :)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I've seen him play for the Estonian squad ( :yuck:, not his but the team's performance.). And he's the only Valerenga player I know. And I'm pleased that he scores sometimes.

I followed the link in your sig to come in this forum;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts