Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this event's background from the uzbek view quite well, but what about Saudi supporters aspects?

I'm really curious about this.

In my opinion Uzbekistan will win by 10- or 2-0.

Is anyone interested in?

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
I don't have any expectations. The Saudi team is too unreliable. But we can and have beaten them in the past. So if we win it's not a shock, but a draw or a 1-0 defeat is just as likely.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't know how this one will turn out, but we (Saudi Arabia) must pick up something from this game.

Uzbekistan have improved lately and they beat us 1-0 in last years Asian Cup.

We really need to bounce back after a disappointing showing in the Gulf Cup in December. Calderon has called Sami Al Jaber out of retirement for this game so its important that his experience can give us a boost.

Its an away for us so any win will do me fine. But it won't be easy, especially if its really cold in Tashkent.

·
Registered
60,989 Posts
At what time shall this game kick off ?

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Game finished 1-1

Saudi scored first, Uzbeks equalised in injury time.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Big up Sami and Al-Shalhoub!!!

The team played v. good and the goal was crazy!!

An important away win

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
It was a draw Barca, they equalised with the final kick of the game :depress: , but it's still a decent result.

·
Registered
60,989 Posts
Watched bits and pieces of the game...

Mabrouk Zayed :star: :thmbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, i am upset that we couldn't hang on, but i am pleased that we came away with AT LEAST a point considering that Uzbekistan is dangerous and that the game was played in around -3 degrees conditions.

From watching the game on the net, we looked good for most parts of the game. We had a goal correctly disallowed for offside. Sami Al Jaber, back from retirement, came on in the second half and scored a minute after coming on with a well taken goal.

But after that, Uzbekistan pushed hard for a equaliser. Despite being denied by our keeper Zaid, they eventually scored with one minute of stoppage time left. :mad:

The positives from this game is that we played well in freezing conditions and that we AT LEAST got a point. Time to look ahead now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts