Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fear is that Chelsea will keep on marching forward and with the money at their disposal will keep attracting the crop of Europe and South america's best.I fear most Players are opting for Chelsea and Arsenal these days above Man Utd due to a few factors.
Keane,Scholes,Giggs,The Nevilles from the Old guard are all getting on,There are a few promising youngsters but they will need time to mature and develop.Chelsea have a huge advantage and Utd must start doing something to entice some of the best to Old Trafford and stop the march onto Stamford bridge.

·
Registered
890 Posts
We should get Downing and Hargreaves to quit chelski reign in football market. IMo we have enough storng squad at thje moment and thee is no need to make a revolution. Just only wait untill everyone recover form injuries and our squad wont be less promising than chelski's. ;)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Well I bet would be great sustitution for Keano who is gettin older even we do not want to accept that. He is very keen player. Although he did not succeed in English NT... maily due to injuries. However he is doing very good in Bundesliga. I have seen some matches and he did a great impression. Basically if MUFC buy him they will not regret, I swear.

·
Registered
109 Posts
if this IS keane's last year, next year will be awful seeing as we probably wont have a proper holding midfielder and no money if the board weren't lying when they said we had spent our transfer budget on rooney

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
billgrin said:
if this IS keane's last year, next year will be awful seeing as we probably wont have a proper holding midfielder and no money if the board weren't lying when they said we had spent our transfer budget on rooney
Why wouldnt we have money? I think the board said a few months ago that Sir Alex has to offload before he can buy. We should be able to offload a few players. The board said this because the salaries of the players is way too high, not because we dont have any money to buy new players.

We're supposedly also gonna get 12 mill from the Jaap Stam deal. That means we will have some money during the Summer transfer market.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shahed look at Chelsea they're prepared to offer big dollars for anyone and Utd can't come close to that,They broke the bank for Rooney and that's it.Chelsea will keep on buying and Utd will struggle unless funds become available in which the shareholders have a major say in.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Schumy said:
Shahed look at Chelsea they're prepared to offer big dollars for anyone and Utd can't come close to that,They broke the bank for Rooney and that's it.Chelsea will keep on buying and Utd will struggle unless funds become available in which the shareholders have a major say in.
I agree. Chelsea can buy all the players they want, but they can only field eleven players per match. If we have quality players in all the positions, then we can surely compete with Chelsea. I am not saying its gonna be easy or anything, but saying that Man U will just wither away is not the right thing to say.

In my previous post, I was merely trying to make the point that we do have some money to spend in the summer. I wasnt trying to say that we can compete with Chelsea, coz we cant. Everybody knows that. However we do or we should have some money to spend during the transfer market.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The fact is that Utd will have to have a fair bit of money to not only compete with Chelsea but Arsenal and the rest of Europe.Also Utd have to do something else to make players want to come to Old Trafford.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
may be we should go for Essian and/or De rossi, and i would prefer vicente over downing.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Utd wouldn't be able to get De Rossi and he won't leave Italy as I see it,Man U are struggling to attract top quality players to Old Trafford sadly.Chelsea and arsenal are certainly the preferred favourites clearly.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Mouriho and abraviondhahhaa are 2 sobs...them will rule europe! Adriano will cum over next yr and they will be unstoppable..live with it! :strong:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
Mouriho and abraviondhahhaa are 2 sobs...them will rule europe! Adriano will cum over next yr and they will be unstoppable..live with it! :strong:
I don't think that Inter are ready to give up Adriano yet. Unless Chelsea put up a bid like 160 million.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
:shades:

What's he going to do to next year?

Utd wouldn't be able to get De Rossi and he won't leave Italy as I see it,Man U are struggling to attract top quality players to Old Trafford sadly.Chelsea and arsenal are certainly the preferred favourites clearly.
That's right...Arsenal are so much better for players...did you hear what they do with taxes? :eekani:

And Chelsea will get all players, top and bottom. For example Carson. And players like C. Ronaldo, Rooney, Rossi, Pique, etc. would never choose to go to Man Utd, they would rather go to Chelsea or Arsenal!

Meanwhile Edu has chosen to go to Valencia instead of staying at Arsenal!!!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jonny Knoxville said:
Bullsh*t they have a long way to go until they can conquer Europe,Having money is one thing but being a team with History,Prestige,and class is another.Illustrious teams around hold alot still over Chelsea.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts