Gaz - 8
Ronny - 9.5
Laurent - 9.5
Micky - 10
Butt - 9
Scholesy - 9
Keano - 9
Becks - 9
Giggsy - 9 (10 if not for the 2 missed sitters)
Ruud - 9.5
Fortune - 9
Ole - 8.5

Fantastic performance. Perfect performance.

ONE LOVE - MUFC

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Barthez-9
Gaz-8
Blanc-9
Johnsen-9
Silvestre-9
Becks-8.5
Keano-8.5
Butt-9(marked Valeron out of the game completely)
Scholes-9
Giggs-9
Ruud-9.5(was fantastic tonight)

subs......

Fortune-8.5(impressive going forward and always tracking back with Scaloni)

Ole-not enough time on the pitch to deserve a rating though he did hit the post with his first shot.:)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Barthez-9 (one of his top games as a Red. Flawless)
Gaz-8
Blanc-9.5 (co-MOM)
Johnsen-9.5 (co-MOM)
Silvestre-9 (starting to look like a Maldini clone)
Becks-9
Keano-8.5
Butt-9 (totally and embarrassingly eliminated Valeron)
Scholes-9
Giggs-9
Ruud-9.5(was fantastic tonight)
Fergie - 10 (masterstroke tonight against the equally brilliant Irureta)

Subs
---------
Fortune - 8 (did a great job subing for Keano, showing great pace down the left wing. A few imaginative passes played as well)
Ole - NA

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
here is the rating from soccerage...
-------------------------------------------------
Deportivo-Manchester United: United Player Ratings
Deportivo - Manchester United | News Archive

04/02/2002. Manchester United

Barthez 8
Neville 7
Blanc 8
Johnsen 8
Silvestre 7
Beckham 6.5
Keane 8 (Fortune 6)
Butt 8
Giggs 8
Scholes 8
van Nistelrooy 7 (Solskjaer 6)

THE BEST

Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs worked tirelessly throughout the 90 minutes. Both got stuck in defensively for their side while also counterattacking with equal effectiveness.

THE WORST

It would be so harsh to crititise any one player after such a superb away display.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Rosso said:
Silvestre-9 (starting to look like a Maldini clone)

big call, Rosso. Maldini has been one of the best defenders I've ever seen (Baresi and Des Walker being my two other favourites).
I think Micky is a slightly more physical defender, lacking in the grace, and positioning sense of Paulo. You obviously can't teach grace, but positioning I think can be rectified. But he has been playing well lately. Against Leeds I was impressed, and thought he was a contender for man of the match.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Fabien 9.5
Gary 9
Blanc 9.5
Ronny 9.5
Silvestre 10
Beckham 9.5
Scholes 9
Butt 9.5
Keane 9
Giggs 9.9 ;) (was absoultly special but then again the 0.1 was bcoz of the 2 chances) UNLUCKY!
Ruud 9

Great performance by all!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Barthez - 9 (everything stuck to him)
Neville - 8 (competent display)
Silvestre - 9 (Superb all round)
Blanc - 8 (Rock solid)
Johnsen - 8 (Ditto)
Keane - 8 (Solid until injury)
Butt - 8 (Did his job very well)
Scholes - 10 (Back to his best - Purposeful going forward)
Beckham - 8 (Great goal - good performance)
Giggs - 9 (Was behind all ManU attacks)
Van Nistelrooy - (Worked hard all night - great finish)

Erm, Juan Sebastian who????

·
Registered
775 Posts
Barthez - 9
Gaz - 7.5
Ronny - 85
Laurent - 9
Micky - 9.5
Butt - 8.5
Scholesy - 8.5
Keano - 7 Coz he didnt play alot!!
Becks - 9
Giggsy - 8.5
Ruud - 9
Fortune -8
Ole - 7 He played lil and didnt do anything

·
Registered
11 Posts
Barthez: 9
G Neville: 8
Blanc: 8
Johnsen: 9
Silvestre: 9
Beckham: 8/9
Keane: 8/9
Scholes: 9
Giggs: 9
Van Nistelrooy: 9

Subs:
Fortune: 8
Solskjaer: 8

Ferguson: 10 (really proved himself as the most successful manager in the history of britain)

One of the best performances by the reds all season, not any big mistakes by anyone, great team effort, solid defensively, dangerous going forward. It's a performance that would be to see most of the time which made depor look like a team from Div 1. Lets just hope there's no backlash at O.T.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
I should have given Giggs a 10.

Looking at the game again, his work rate was tremendous -- both on and off the ball. His runs cut open the Deportivo defense and when he switched to the left wing after Ole had come on, they couldn't match his pace. Too bad his finishing was as lethal Ruud's otherwise we wouldn't even have to show up for the second leg. ;)

We're were done in by the worst refereeing I've seen in a while but the whole team was awesome.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Fred Elliot said:

big call, Rosso. Maldini has been one of the best defenders I've ever seen (Baresi and Des Walker being my two other favourites).
I think Micky is a slightly more physical defender, lacking in the grace, and positioning sense of Paulo. You obviously can't teach grace, but positioning I think can be rectified. But he has been playing well lately. Against Leeds I was impressed, and thought he was a contender for man of the match.
He's not all the way there yet, but I do see some similar qualities between Micky and San Paolo. You're right there is a difference in terms of pure grace but I think that's affected by the difference in styles b/w the EPL and Seria A as well. Seeing him play for France -- this kid's got some skills. Positioning will come with more experience and confidence. Silvestre's had a really tough year and the critics have been hard on him. But he is doing well and, barring injuries, can only get better. Plus he's on the back line with one of the best at seeing the game: Blanc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts