Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per usual, we should win quite comfortably at Stamford Bridge. HOPEFULLY Thierry is fit enough to play, because we'll need him even though the shitehole in Fulham is a walk in the park for us.

:D

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Can see you doing them over. It'll be either Huth or Johnson at RB with Ferreria out and you have the best left flank in world football.

I'm honestly calling this Jose's humbling and calling 4-1.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Nice thread title. :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho plays Smertin or Tiago in this one to give them more defensive cover, because their right flank is ripe for a raping by our left siders.

I expect Henry to be back, it will take more than a slight groin to keep him out of this one.

we must win this one just to make it interesting, them Chavs having never won anything for 50 years will be bumsqueaking even if the team aren't.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
LMAO @ thread title!!! :howler: :tongue: I was thinking that Arsenal is damn stupid to be playing a charity game against a former National side (now divided) in the middle of the season to make money! :tongue:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
You have given yourselves a chance now that the TIT is absent.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
khimik said:
As per usual, we should win quite comfortably at Stamford Bridge. HOPEFULLY Thierry is fit enough to play, because we'll need him even though the shitehole in Fulham is a walk in the park for us.

:D
loooool :howler::howler: like the thread title, should be good game.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Hehe, nice title mate ;)

I've got a feeling we'll win with 2-1, Freddie one, Henry one. Just a feeling...

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Haroon said:
You have given yourselves a chance now that the TIT is absent.

he scored twice against them in Highbury. He's quite a handy man u know :lala:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I see a draw.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
its been a LONG time since Chelsea beat arsenal in the league, and i dont see it happening for a long time.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I reckon we should do something unpredictable for this one. If Thierry is fit and not really injured like I think he will:

Lehmann
Lauren Senderos Campbell Cole
Fabregas Gilberto Vieira Freddie
RVP Henry

Why?

1 - Lauren ahead of Toure at RB - he's a better player going forward, and I don't think much worse than Toure positionally.

2 - Sol plays as a LCB, and I think you have to play your best players in their best positions in all but extreme circumstances.

3 - Controversial midfield, I know. But I don't think Pires can offer the same threat he used to, and despite flashes, he generally no longer keeps defences pinned back. Fabregas, on the other hand, is a player capable of attacking with the ball at his feet, and to a greater degree, with the vision of his passing. He's been on form this season, Pires hasn't - give Fabregas the chance.

4 - If Terry has a weakness, it's occasionally being caught out of position. If there were ever a player for Arsenal who could capitalise on that, it's Freddie. His runs into the box will trouble the Chelsea CB's more than Reyes or Pires running straight at them. That is, unless he's injured.

5 - RVP up front - well, why not? He's earned a shot after his cup semi final goals.

6 - Admittedly we want to take advantage of the mighty Glen Johnson :howler:. That said, I think Thierry will do enough of that on his own, dribbling in from the left (their right). I don't think we necessarily need Reyes or Pires there to do it for us ...

Oh, and I'm well aware that Wenger won't touch that side with a barge pole so there's no need to add one of your twattish comments, Petros. But it's just fun to be manager, even IF it's in your own head.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I agree with that team apart from Ljungberg in front of Pires, to me Pires has to play against their ridiculous right back, whoever it may be, playing Ljungberg their would let them off the hook bigtime IMO.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The thing about that is I feel Freddie could open Terry up big time moreso than Pires can. Terry does get caught out of position a lot, Freddie coming from out of nowhere like he does so well would tear them open. Titi can handle your best mate Johnno on his own ;)

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
The thread tittly is pure class! :thmbup: :D

As for the match, lets get them I say! :boxing: :D

1 - 20 of 159 Posts