robinson...brooks...M.Robinson...dest
............Turner or steffen?

lets gooo!

watch canada play....they have a scarey front line :eek:

·
We will ROCK u
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would call up hoppe...he is an interesting player...He is a fighter , put better talent around him ..he can blossom into a good player...He can certainly pass the ball....

·
We will ROCK u
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

we r gonna lose some players to mexico....its a fact. USA are deep and some of these players wont even start for the USA and mexico is mexico.

ochoa wont take turners pos for yrs to come so maybe going to mexico he may get a chance to start there

araujo has to compete against dest, cannon, reynolds and scally for that RB. I can see him going too. He is a good player, unless he wants to play at LB and fight against robinson , gomez and scally!

Ledzema will stay with us and I think Pepi too. Gomez, I am not sure. He is a big LB prospect who is going to a spanish club soon? But will mexico want a lot of mexican americans on their roster? Die hard mexican fans wont like it at all! a gr!ngo playing for them? :eek:

·
We will ROCK u
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is probably da players for this cycle...after winning 2 cups he should ride with these horses. I think konrad will have a breakout season in the french league and will most likely start for the USA...and paxton could make da roster too cuz he is a talented all around mid and he is healthy now..but thats it! Musah is injured and may not make the roster for now.

PS u cant ignore scally who will most likely be starting for gladback this season..he can make a push for a roster spot!

What will the USMNT roster look like for September World Cup qualifiers?
Many USMNT fans have been waiting since October 2017 for World Cup qualifying. In the years since then, it's been mostly positive for the team. A wave of promising young players have emerged and this past summer, the team won both the Nations League and the Gold Cup. So how will next month's qualifying roster look? ASN's Brian Sciaretta makes a fearless prediction.

PREDICTED ROSTER

GOALKEEPERS

1)
Zack Steffen
2) Matthew Turner
3) Ethan Horvath

DEFENDERS

4)
Sergino Dest
5) Reggie Cannon
6) Antonee Robinson
7) Sam Vines
8) John Brooks
9) Miles Robinson
10) Mark McKenzie
11) Chris Richards
12) Matt Miazga

MIDFIELDERS

13)
Tyler Adams
14) Kellyn Acosta
15) Weston McKennie
16) Yunus Musah (Cristian Roldan or Gianluca Busio)
17) Eryk Williamson
18) Sebastian Lletget
19) Brenden Aaronson

ATTACKERS

20)
Christian Pulisic
21) Giovani Reyna
22) Tim Weah
23) Matthew Hoppe
24) Josh Sargent
25) Jordan Pefok
26) Gyasi Zardes

In the mix: Daryl Dike, Konrad de la Funete, Julian Green, Paul Arriola, Nicholas Gioacchini, Ricardo Pepi, Jesus Ferreira, Kevin Paredes, Paxton Pomykal

The skinny: Pulisic, Reyna, and Weah pick themselves. Hoppe emerged at the Gold Cup and, despite his flaws, he brings a healthy amount of energy, swagger, and cockiness. Pefok, meanwhile, is scoring goals at the start of the season and Sargent is still probably the starting No. 9. Gyasi Zardes is a good veteran to have around.

There are some tough cuts. Daryl Dike tried to play hurt at the Gold Cup. Paul Arriola still has a good chance of making the team and was the Gold Cup captain (something that can't be overlooked). Nicholas Gioacchini was an asset off the bench. Ricardo Pepi is one of the fastest rising young American players and Julian Green is preparing for his return to the Bundesliga.
There are tough cuts, but that is the benefit of a growing program.

·
We will ROCK u
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
watchout for canada...they outplayed da US and mexico...USA are ranked #8 and mexico at #9.

Canada will make some serious noise in the world cup!. Their coach is good! too. Concacaf power:eek:

·
We will ROCK u
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ooops, my bad...da usa are ranked #9 and mexico at #10..2 conacacaf teams in da top ten... silly ass ranking board:eek:

Attachments

·
We will ROCK u
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good read...berhalter now has more talent like ledzema(PSV), paxton, clark(Leipzig), cowell, scally(gladback) and konrad(marseilla)...These players are better than the ones in the cold cup roster and hoppe is a must. He brings that attitude and toughness....But he has been winning with this group...its not all abt talent...its a good mixture of talent and da right players for ur system....

Turner is and should be our #1 keeper!

Hoppe is fun in a lot of ways that are going to delight US fans and enrage fans around Concacaf. I’m not sure he’s ever going to be a first-choice player, but… god, that type of stuff coming from a sub is even worse, right? Hell, the kid even sassed Berhalter!

Matt Turner

The USMNT’s best goalkeeper finally got an extended run to confirm that, yes, he is in fact the USMNT's best goalkeeper.

If I had confidence Berhalter saw it that way, I’d move this all the way up to the second-best data point from the tournament -- the upgrade from Steffen to Turner is that large. He will win us games in World Cup Qualifying, just as he did in the Gold Cup.

Wing depth isn’t necessarily great. Hoppe and Gioacchini were functional, but both are forwards. Jonathan Lewis played 60 poor minutes vs. Haiti and then disappeared for the rest of the tournament. Paul Arriola works hard as hell and does lots of smart things, but his end product is lacking.

This is probably alright in the big picture since Pulisic, Gio Reyna, Tim Weah and Brenden Aaronson are the top four on the depth chart, but two of those guys are injury-prone, one (Reyna) probably isn’t a winger and another (Aaronson) has never been a goalscorer.

Even younger players like Cade Cowell, Caden Clark (I think he’s a winger for the US long-term) and Konrad de la Fuente are all breaking through to varying degrees. Richie Ledezma is also close to returning for PSV, and while I see Paxton Pomykal as a No. 8, right now Luchi Gonzalez does not and it’s hard to argue with that. So there are answers beyond that first four on the depth chart and beyond playing Hoppe or Gioacchini out of position if things suddenly go haywire.
But those answers are all just theoretical at the international level at this point. It's not a huge worry, but it's there, and it's yet another reason you should go ahead and root for a Cowell hat-trick this weekend.

·
We will ROCK u
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
canada v usa next month....Davies, david, buchanan(he may be going to euro soon), larin ect v pulisic and company.

Who is the top dog in concacaf....right now its clearly da usa but will canada beat them??

pulisic, konrad, reyna, adams, mckennie , dest, brooks.......man, thats a lot of players to stop and with flair

reyna, man. He can be a big time player!

·
We will ROCK u
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Breakout stars for this yr and who will most likely fight for roles with the USA team>>>

Konrad(marseille) and scally(gladback) and thats abt it....more talent to this group ? :eek:

Musah is back in training so he should be healthy enough for qualifiers next month

If tanner and busio do well in serie a...berhalter will have a tough time to decide. MLSers wont even be called in if the euro based players are playing well...they better leave MLS if they want to make the roster.

Hoppe is leaving schalke so if he gets his club sorted out soon he will be a regular for the US unless he starts to stink up da joint!

start konrad and scally, they both made their team debuts and they have quality. Having players like musah on the bench is amazing cuz he is a talented kid :eek:

pulisic(hoppe)..............................Sargent(Zardes)................Konrad(weah)
............................................Reyna(aaronson)
....................mckennie(acosta).........................Adams(musah)
scally(robinson).........brooks(mckenzie)........M.robinson(richards).........dest(yedlin or reynolds)
...........................................Turner(steffen)

·
We will ROCK u
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

its not a golden generation for the US...just a wave of talent coming through. I am not sure who will be the best american player in 10 yrs from now.

Clark(leipzig), che(bayern bound?), konrad(marseille), musah(valencia),scally(gladback), paredes, gomez, pepi, sealy(psv) , busio and tanner(both r in serie a), reynolds(roma) are the next wave of talent coming through.

usa are in the top 10. we should be at 13 tho. I think the US can beat any team but these players are not in their prime yrs yet so who knows how good this team can be in 5 yrs!

·
We will ROCK u
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
balogun could make his debut for arsenal this today. he is a forward who got promoted this season. He was born in the US and had played for the us youth teams as well...so we will see if berhalter calls him up next month or will he want to play for england? another dual panic lolol:)

·
We will ROCK u
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
scally(gladback), and konrad(marseille) will most likely be called in and maybe balogun if he starts scoring for arsenal...I cant see anyone else making the roster at this point unless they r killing it in some future friendlies.

it sounds like hoppe is going to da epl soon.

roldan v luca(who was great when he was called in and has been playing well in holland)
reynolds( i think roma are gonna play him tis season) v yedlin(hes a savvy vet)

this is my roster for the 2022 world cup.

Konrad(arronson)...............Sargent(pekoc)..............Pulisic(hoppe)

...........Mckennie(Musah).......................................Reyna(luca de la torre v roldan)

.............................................adams(acosta)

Scally(robinson)..........Brooks(Mckenzie).....M.Miles(richards)....Dest(reynolds v yedlin)

............................................Turner(steffen, Horvath)

·
We will ROCK u
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My man scally was very good v Bayern today. He locked up sane .. scally is our new LB.!!

·
We will ROCK u
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

araujo..had to compete v dest, cannon, reynolds, scally and yedlin but he is a good player and mexico got a good player.

We cant seem to get these mexican americans to commit unless we...so far ledzema has committed to the US.

Gomez and maybe pepi would be tough losses but we now have hoppe, konrad and now scally...so is it really?

if the US doesnt give mexican americans mins they get all mad lol

hope he continues to grow!

1 - 20 of 124 Posts