┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We want germany!! :eekani:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
USA is unlucky to draw with the portugirls. judging by my experience ,that kind of bad luck is an omen....

I dont have a good feeling about this. Coming from Manaus on 3 days rest is not a good mix. Germany will have a less physically stressful game and 4 days rest. Portugal will probably be dead on their feet in the next game, which means I dont hold much hope for them getting a result from Ghana (unless Ronaldo is magical in that game).
:stoned:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Blatant fix coming. Will be styled out though so maybe 1-1 or 2-2.

·
Registered
17,390 Posts
I am not going into any talk about the upcoming game as it will be decided on the pitch and all talk won't change that, but when you mention 2002 you should always add the appendix "the worst German generation ever to participate in a WC". :)

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Algeria / Russia are the weaker opponents in the next round. Thats why I somehow think USA could well be interested in winning the group. And as a German working for a foreign team Klinsmann would love to beat Germany. He´s someone who always wants to win. If he sees the possibility to get the 3 pts why should he fix a draw???

Germany might play for a draw, its enough for them.

·
Registered
17,390 Posts
Germany is through anyway, even with a loss. There is no way Germany loses by three goals while at the same time Ghana wins by three. Portugal would need to win by 4 with Germany losing by 4 or something like that. In other words Germany is through, they don't need a draw. Doesn't mean though they don't want to be first in the group.

·
Registered
17,390 Posts
I didn't say a draw wouldn't be enough for Germany, I said they advance no matter of the outcome as any other option is way too unlikely to happen even under weird circumstances. Too big of a goal difference involved.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I didn't say a draw wouldn't be enough for Germany, I said they advance no matter of the outcome as any other option is way too unlikely to happen even under weird circumstances. Too big of a goal difference involved.
Famous last words. :howler:

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Germany better top the group, otherwise Messi and Di Maria will "walk" over them in the quarterfinals.

·
1st Tier Poster
47,983 Posts
But when he was asked what he thought about Dempsey’s nickname, “Captain America,” Götze made a rather shocking statement about the match.

“Look, I appreciate the USA team, like I said. But that nickname is offensive to us Germans,” Götze explained. “The superhero `Captain America’ is always depicted killing Germans. I like the player, but not the name.”

Götze was told by the radio host that the fictional character only killed Nazi Germans, and that’s where the controversy stirred. “Nazi Germans are still Germans. I had family that fought in the war. I respect these players and I respect the USA team, but this isn’t about football, not to me. It’s about history. It’s about Germany seeking vengeance for America’s war crimes during the second World War. And it’s about how snooty they get about that war, how they make Germany out to be the bad guys, and that’s a reputation that haunts us even today.”

When the host asked Götze about the holocaust, the 22 year-old midfielder got rather angry. “That always gets brought up. It shouldn’t be mentioned at all, but you people always bring it up. Did I gas the Jews? Did I stick them in camps? No. Shut up about it. Look, this game isn’t about that. It’s about the bad perception people have of Germans. You all think we just sit around, drinking beer and eating sauerkraut and complaining about Jews. I’m not saying that never happens, but it’s an unfair stereotype.”

“We’re taking the USA down. This is the third world war for me,” Götze concluded. “I’m not playing for personal glory. I’m playing to pay tribute to those fallen Germans murdered by invading American occupiers. F–k the USA! But not their players. I like their players.”

- See more at: http://nationalreport.net/german-star-seeking-vengeance-usa-world-cup-wwii/#sthash.IxGMbQDo.dpuf

that's the spirit :musik:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol......hope the usa team plays all of the german americans in this game....jones , green , brooks , johnson.....

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But when he was asked what he thought about Dempsey’s nickname, “Captain America,” Götze made a rather shocking statement about the match.

“Look, I appreciate the USA team, like I said. But that nickname is offensive to us Germans,” Götze explained. “The superhero `Captain America’ is always depicted killing Germans. I like the player, but not the name.”

Götze was told by the radio host that the fictional character only killed Nazi Germans, and that’s where the controversy stirred. “Nazi Germans are still Germans. I had family that fought in the war. I respect these players and I respect the USA team, but this isn’t about football, not to me. It’s about history. It’s about Germany seeking vengeance for America’s war crimes during the second World War. And it’s about how snooty they get about that war, how they make Germany out to be the bad guys, and that’s a reputation that haunts us even today.”

When the host asked Götze about the holocaust, the 22 year-old midfielder got rather angry. “That always gets brought up. It shouldn’t be mentioned at all, but you people always bring it up. Did I gas the Jews? Did I stick them in camps? No. Shut up about it. Look, this game isn’t about that. It’s about the bad perception people have of Germans. You all think we just sit around, drinking beer and eating sauerkraut and complaining about Jews. I’m not saying that never happens, but it’s an unfair stereotype.”

“We’re taking the USA down. This is the third world war for me,” Götze concluded. “I’m not playing for personal glory. I’m playing to pay tribute to those fallen Germans murdered by invading American occupiers. F–k the USA! But not their players. I like their players.”

- See more at: http://nationalreport.net/german-star-seeking-vengeance-usa-world-cup-wwii/#sthash.IxGMbQDo.dpuf

that's the spirit :musik:

Clint: Our battle plan will be that of an Apache resistance. We will be cruel to the Germans, and through our cruelty they will know who we are. And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered, and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us. And the German won't not be able to help themselves but to imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands, and our boot heels, and the edge of our free kicks. And the German will be sickened by us, and the German will talk about us, and the German will fear us. And when the German closes their eyes at night and they're tortured by their subconscious for the evil they have done, it will be with thoughts of us they are tortured with. Sound good?
:eek:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Team USA’s manager, Jürgen Klinsmann, a native of Germany, brushed off Götze’s hostile words in the team’s training camp on Tuesday. “The USA crushed Germany once, and we can… no, we will, do it again. We’re marching on the Eagle’s Nest. Götze and his teammates don’t know what’s coming for them.'"

so they aint playing for a tie:)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts