Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terrible performance by the americans..They had no consistancy.
At one point it seemed as thought they had a bit of a spark but it did not last..
I do think the call for the penalty was crap but it happens:
I think in the midfield Costa Rica out played them:
Your thoughts:/?

C

·
0 Posts
The US played ok but costa rica is in a bad moment right now
This USA team is one with no spirit or nothing.They will have a hard time going to the world cup.I think Costa rica is going to pick up there level and go to japan in 2002
Here's the final positions:

1.Mexico :(
2.Honduras
3.Costa Rica
4.USA
5.Trinidad & Tobago
6.Jamiaca

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
I hope you're right about Mexico, <Conceicao>. It was really sad to watch them on Sunday.

C

·
0 Posts
I don't like mexico because of how they yraet other teams.
they say they play bad because all the other teams in CONCACAF are bad.!!thats a shame
I wish they did'nt clasify just cause of that but IO now yhaey will

·
Registered
374 Posts
I watched the first half of the game, but had to miss the second because I had to drive back home from San Diego. The U.S. blew lots of chances in the first half, but they had more possesion. They seemed to only want to take shots from outside of the penalty area, and wanted to pass too much once they got inside! They need to play a lot better than that if they want to have a chance to qualify for the WC in 2002! But, I think they have a good chance to do so if most of the following matches are played at home.

·
Registered
120 Posts
To be honest the game was pitifull, there was a phantom call but stop whinning, they never should have been in a position to lose let alone play for a tie again..It is alright to shoot from outside the penalty area as long as it is on or near the target with good pace. It opens up space for passes in the box if the have to worry about your shot, it is to bad that Americans who have more talent than anyone in concaf still think that they don't know how to play soccer, because if they thought they were going to win they would beat everyone in their league. Also we Americans attack in every other sport why don't we ever play attacking soccer. Plus lets get some kids in there who can score the is a 18 year old who is possibly already the best american player ever playing in germany...I know we like MLS but come on use the players that play inhigh level leagues, remember they have to be good they don't hold eu passports.

Forze

·
Registered
301 Posts
the rematch is a huge game for both federations! all is on the line for the next wc.

can USA do well in mid field without c. reyna?

please post all comments and post game info here!

game is next weds.

·
Registered
938 Posts
<Conceicao> said:
The US played ok but costa rica is in a bad moment right now
This USA team is one with no spirit or nothing.They will have a hard time going to the world cup.I think Costa rica is going to pick up there level and go to japan in 2002
Here's the final positions:

1.Mexico :(
2.Honduras
3.Costa Rica
4.USA
5.Trinidad & Tobago
6.Jamiaca
Mexico, Honduras and Costa Rica or the USA will make it to the WC. Is it true that Blanco will be out for 6 months because of knee surgery?

·
Registered
301 Posts
yes ! c. blanco is out for 6 months. will rehab in spain

now usa will play Barbados.... and is MUST win, cuz guatemala can beat costa rica In guatemala City. Barbados the same team with the brutal attack on Chris armas (ala tinidad's defense over C Blanco)...those fouls should disqualify the animals, a red card is not enough.

they should get banned for at least the same time the player who suffer the injury is out. (from club and national team games)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts