Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

NEW YORK RED BULLS vs FC BARCELONA
Giants Stadium (New Jersey, NJ - USA) | Thu, Aug 7 | 01:00 CET / 18:00 NYC

The last game of Barcelona in this American tour will be played in the Giants stadium, in New Jersey, NY Red Bulls' home.

This game will also be the last test before our official debut in the Champions League next week. It'd be nice to see a possible starting XI for that first official game.

FORÇA BARÇA!

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
It's a very impressive photo but the place isn't that big -- big enough though for me to have a grand time when Barca played there two years ago :)

There are rumours around town that we may be training in Central Park on Wednesday. Sounds more like a practical joke but for those of you who find yourselves in the area and have time to spare, it wouldn't hurt to explore.

Again, the weather is hot, humid and sticky with scattered thunderstorms forecasted for the next 3 days.

The Red Bulls are at the bottom of their league table btw.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
It's a very impressive photo but the place isn't that big -- big enough though for me to have a grand time when Barca played there two years ago :)

There are rumours around town that we may be training in Central Park on Wednesday. Sounds more like a practical joke but for those of you who find yourselves in the area and have time to spare, it wouldn't hurt to explore.

Again, the weather is hot, humid and sticky with scattered thunderstorms forecasted for the next 3 days.

The Red Bulls are at the bottom of their league table btw.
I took some pictures of the squad training in Central Park

http://bp3.blogger.com/_mpm1T1ZxcQU/SJfPT6QrCUI/AAAAAAAAAA4/iztwaoLnKcM/s1600-h/P8031103.JPG

http://bp0.blogger.com/_mpm1T1ZxcQU/SJfPUW5aIAI/AAAAAAAAABI/_xw2m_yc1WM/s1600-h/P8031109.JPG

http://bp3.blogger.com/_mpm1T1ZxcQU/SJfPUsLY_NI/AAAAAAAAABQ/7kXOOABem3I/s1600-h/P8031120.JPG

http://bp2.blogger.com/_mpm1T1ZxcQU/SJfPVFdJ1YI/AAAAAAAAABY/rgj7g6e5KrE/s1600-h/P8031123.JPG

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Man, you guys are lucky for seeing that! I like the way Pep does buisness with these guys, they don't get to rest at all. To bad he's so damn stubborn in the Eto'o case.

About the similaraties to the Camp Nou in the picture above: I know it's not nearly as big, but the "contours" of the stadium looks like the Camp Nou. The oval shape of the stadium, no roof, the billboord at the end, the lights placed on the side. Everything looks like Camp Nou, but not as big ogcourse

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
0-5 :(

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
No, it's no practical joke ... it's happening in my own backyard!

Central Park, New York City, August 2008

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Someone put up a sign in my office building cafeteria asking for 300 bucks for an upper level seat. I LOLed. :D

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Abidal, still struggling to adapt to the team, was confused by the gift and chose to try to eat it.....unfortunate

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Abidal, still struggling to adapt to the team, was confused by the gift and chose to try to eat it.....unfortunate
Alves the gangster?? Naaaaaah....look at Abidal! He looks like he's about to bust a cap in someone's ass.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Honree is doing something nasty back there.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
LoL

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
Man, I'm so ****in hyped about the game! :happy:

I'm leaving mad early Wednesday morning and I'll be in NY during the day, I might stop by Nevada Smiths and walk around a bit then I'll take the train to Jersey just before game time.

Btw, anyone knows what hotel they're staying at? :pp
I'm guessing the W Hotel since they stayed there while in Chicago, but there are like 4 locations just in Manhattan. lol

1 - 20 of 137 Posts