Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am not sure what team the Americans fielded or whatever here, but they lost 4-1 and so it must make you wonder.... Germany are average so USA cant be too great either. We should really beat them at the WC and right now we should feel confident against Ghana and the Czechs too.

Can anyone tell me what team USA fielded and if it was a good one or not for them?

·
Registered
45,523 Posts
Lineup in the game vs Germany

USA: 1-Kasey Keller (capt.); 3-Gregg Berhalter, 12-Cory Gibbs (19-Heath Pearce, 77’), 4-Jimmy Conrad, 6-Steve Cherundolo; 15-Bobby Convey, 25-Pablo Mastroeni (14-Ben Olsen, 74), 5-Kerry Zavagnin; 16-Josh Wolff (17-Chris Klein, 17’) 9-Eddie Johnson, 11-Brian Ching (20-Taylor Twellman, 60’)

I don't know anything more... I don't know any player of the USA! Oh well, Keller...

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Puls must be fuming...

losing by four goals to a team that only a few weeks ago got their asses handed to them by Italy. :nono:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
It was their "B" team according to German media (I dont know their regular starting line up though)... however their B teams sucks badly ;)

I think Italy could have won by a bigger margin vs Germany if they had wanted, and the same applies to todays match, the 4-1 is almost flattering for the US boys.

#5, minchia, even if it is their B team, #5 :dielaugh:

At least we know now that they dont have too many decent 2nd string players ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Puls must be fuming...

losing by four goals to a team that only a few weeks ago got their asses handed to them by Italy. :nono:
We played our B team. Big deal. The haters can live another day in envy of the number 1 nation in the world who can invade whoever they want.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Al Capone said:
We played our B team. Big deal. The haters can live another day in envy of the number 1 nation in the world who can invade whoever they want.
I hope you're joking...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Of course I'm joking....I'm waiting for roma/totti to blow his head with my comments

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Germany totally outplayed us, congratulations to them. We surely don't deserve the high ranking we have, but the World Cup goes a long way to deciding the fate of teams in rankings.

That said, we surely don't belong in the boonies in rankings. But even if we are there, I'm sure that we will surprise some people this year in the World CUp. All it takes is heart and passion. FORZA REDS

Together we walk

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Interesting result, lets not kid ourselves though, that we will also have easy against the Americans.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
i think the USA had about 5 players who might start at the WC so it wasnt a full B squad.

and if you look at most of our draws this yr against serbia, ivory coast, ecuador etc. in those matches we had pretty much a full B-C squad

·
Banned
734 Posts
Al Capone said:
Germany totally outplayed us, congratulations to them. We surely don't deserve the high ranking we have, but the World Cup goes a long way to deciding the fate of teams in rankings.

That said, we surely don't belong in the boonies in rankings. But even if we are there, I'm sure that we will surprise some people this year in the World CUp. All it takes is heart and passion. FORZA REDS

Together we walk
whatever if someone asked me and you who knew more about the u.s. national team, i probley know more, i assume you can name the whole starting italian national team? no doubt

just shut up already with this u.s. crap, u have an italians name as ur user name, u support inter, stop lieing to yourself and cheer on italy

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
I seriously wouldn't focus on friendlies......if you analyze the track record of teams' qualifying and friendly matches before the world cup and their performances during the world cup....you will find that in most cases, the results are very different.

If you take the match Italy played against Germany.....sure we played well BUT the Germans made 1 or 2 defensive errors in the first 7 minutes....that practically won us the game because from that point on, we could play on the counter and they had to risk things at the back.

So don't fall into the trap of thinking that Italy is far superior to Germany - that could be a HUGE mistake.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Italy played with Del Piero against Germany, the whole match, so of course we won (and the Great Artist also scored). As long as Lippi keeps Alex The Fenomeno Vero in the starting lineup, the world cup is Italian :) It's not the U.S fault they have no good players like that. :nasty:

·
Registered
904 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Lineup in the game vs Germany

USA: 1-Kasey Keller (capt.); 3-Gregg Berhalter, 12-Cory Gibbs (19-Heath Pearce, 77’), 4-Jimmy Conrad, 6-Steve Cherundolo; 15-Bobby Convey, 25-Pablo Mastroeni (14-Ben Olsen, 74), 5-Kerry Zavagnin; 16-Josh Wolff (17-Chris Klein, 17’) 9-Eddie Johnson, 11-Brian Ching (20-Taylor Twellman, 60’)

I don't know anything more... I don't know any player of the USA! Oh well, Keller...
Looking at this list, I'd say Keller in goal, Mastroeni in mid and Johnson at forward (who's recovering from injury) are the only ones likely to start at the WC. The others are bubble players who may make the trip to sit on the bench (at least I hope they are, as the possibility of some of the above names making the squad makes me sick). And there's a major drop off between the top people in their positions and those who are behind them. If the US doesn't have all of their important people healthy then the US is toast. Even with everyone healthy it will be tough to get out of the group (though possible).

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Arena:
Australia are the weakest team in the WC

don't think so mate. We narrowly lost to Germany in the confed cup with a half strength squad.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts