Talking abt a D team

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Awesom-O said:
We'll be wearing the new kit too. :thumbsup:
Already ordered mine...

No NE or LA players.

My Pick to start ... I still think this is a OK team ...

.......Pearce........Quaranta
.......Conrad.......Zavagnin......Wolff
Guzan....Pope......Carroll........Johnson
........Hejduk.........Kline

Both GK's will likely play, and I would like to see BoswellWolff & Johnon up front the NEW KC pairing.

I have no confidence in Martino, an expects nothing from him, but he has to show in this game to be considered in the future, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
this gamd is on today on ESPN Correct?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well , this reminds me of porto a few yrs back w/ mourinho...
Bruce has this team well oiled and whoever is playin plays to da same level as da starters. Havent seen da US play as gd as they r now

2 great goals....2 great hilite reels...rolfes volley back pass to Eddie and Olsens awesome goal

Conrad is going , another solid game and Pope is regaining his former self

·
Registered
263 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
Bruce has this team well oiled and whoever is playin plays to da same level as da starters. Havent seen da US play as gd as they r now
I agree. This was a comprehensive win by a US squad missing almost all of its best players. The depth the squad has is incredible. It is amazing how far US soccer has come.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Not a very interesting game but in my view Ching Wolff stay home. Pearce took a step backwards, and Pope proved there is some life left in those old knees.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
PAULMAY... Pearce took a step backwards ...[/QUOTE said:
He was bumped off the page, and the pitch today.

If he is going to allow himself to be bullied off the field as he was today, he is done ... stick a fork 'en him. he did play better in the 2nd half but he looked out of place at times out there. He provided little support in the attack, allowed himself to be bullied of the ball on "D", and was just out muscled and out played all day. The ref and his assistant didn't help, but if HE wants to make this team, I expected more form him ... disapointment. He is still a good player, but he needs seasoning ... IMHO, 2010 !!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Some people have already mentioned the solid play of Oslen and Pope. I think we need to throw Chris Klein into the mix. I was dissapointed with his play against Japan, but he was playing out of position. He was superb againt Guatemala.

I can't wait for the games against top flight opposition to see who can really bring it!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
FCBFan said:
Some people have already mentioned the solid play of Oslen and Pope. I think we need to throw Chris Klein into the mix. I was dissapointed with his play against Japan, but he was playing out of position. He was superb againt Guatemala.

I can't wait for the games against top flight opposition to see who can really bring it!
They may have had a good game but it would be hard to find a spot for them for the world cup.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
PAULMAY said:
They may have had a good game but it would be hard to find a spot for them for the world cup.

your statement speaks VOLUMES about how FAR the US National teams has come in 16 years ... not 4 years, 16 years, since Caliguiri's shot ...

·
Registered
263 Posts
PAULMAY said:
I agree with Olsen and Klein but you don't think Pope will go to Germany? For me he is a lock for the team given his performatnces and I would like to see him start.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts