Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am following the gme on the match tracker on the official site , those of you that did not want to fork out 20 to see this can check back here periodically for updates from me , according to the site here is the US lineup

Keller
Hejduk Agoos Bocanegra Mastroeini

Lweis Jones Arms Donovan

Razov Mcbride

i am a bit surprised that Damarcus did not get the start over lewis and well i am a bit surprised to see frankie there too , but i am pulling for him

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I'm trying to follow on matchtracker, too, but it won't load. Grrrr....:mad:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i know , i just got on in the 15th minute and its already 2-1 US Mcbride scored both goals , assists from jones and hejduk , El Salvador got one off a free kick

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
El Salvador's Goal came in the 6th minute and the US scored in the 10th and 11th minute

it is currently the 20th minute

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scrath that the score is 2-0 el salvador did not score , i misread the tracker , it is a pain in the ass to read , it is 2-0 right now el salvador did not score

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GOAALLLL

GOALLLLL 3-0 US MCBRIDE strikes again !!!!! in the 22nd minute

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Alright!

Keep the reports coming. I still can't get on the darn matchtracker.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright , it is the 44th minute still 3-0, nothing too exciting has happened in the last 20 minutes or so and razov just got a yellow in the 40th

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I'm finally connected. Either the U.S. squad is finally getting comfortable with each other or this El Salvador squad didn't come to play today.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright it is now half time 3-0 US Mcbride has all 3 goals and the assists have come from Cobi Jones , Frankie Hejduk and Landon Donovan. This tracker is pretty bad tonight , it was alot better the other night againt Cuba anyhow i cat tell you much , for some reason the possesion indicator is not working but i am sure we are dominating that aspect we have a 1 yellow card they have 2

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2nd half

the only change is Damarcus has come on for Bocabegra , i guess bruce is switching to a 3 5 2 and is looking for a few more gaols

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
seems like el salvador is trapping everything , 3 straight offsides traps which the US had 2 goals disallowed both my mcbride

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Substition

Mathis for Mcbride , El salvador is now a man down after lewis was taking down by marvin benitiz , his second yellow of the night US now have a man advantage the last 25 minutes

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The final score is already posted on US Soccer's web site.

FSW will be showing the game @ 11:00 PM Monday...

I will most likely stay up for this one.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
McBride's three-goal day boots USA into semis

www.usatoday.com

PASADENA, Calif. —

Brian McBride scored three goals in the first 21 minutes Sunday as the U.S. men's soccer team routed El Salvador 4-0 in the Gold Cup quarterfinals in front of 31,628 at the Rose Bowl.

The victory puts the USA into the second game of Wednesday night's semifinal doubleheader against Canada, the Gold Cup defending champion. Costa Rica will play South Korea in the first game.

Wednesday's winners will meet in the final, with the losers playing for third place. Both games will take place Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

McBride — who returned to action in December after missing five months with a blood disorder — is the first American to score three goals in a game since Joe-Max Moore had four against El Salvador in 1993.

McBride's three goals, a personal best, increase his international total to 18 and make him the tournament's leading scorer with four goals. The Columbus Crew forward made a penalty kick against Cuba for the only goal in a 1-0 victory.

McBride began the scoring in the ninth minute. Frankie Hejduk sent a cross from the right flank that defender Guillermo Garcia headed behind him. An unmarked McBride headed the ball from 7 yards into the upper-right corner of the net.

Two minutes later, McBride extended the USA's advantage.

Chris Armas began the play by passing to Cobi Jones, who dribbled against goal. Goalkeeper Santos Rivera came off the goal line to tip the ball behind him as Jones tripped. McBride, again unmarked, converted from 12 yards.

McBride scored his final goal in the 21st minute. After Jones forced a turnover in midfield, Ante Razov passed on the left flank to Eddie Lewis, who crossed the ball into the penalty area.

Defender Marvin Benitez almost deflected the ball, but Landon Donovan tapped it to McBride, who slid to convert a left-footed shot from 5 yards.

McBride, who left the game in the 63rd minute, had three more goals nullified by offside calls. Razov ended the scoring with a 13-yard shot in the 72nd minute.

El Salvador played with 10 men after Benitez received his second yellow card in the 64th minute.

Costa Rica-USA Final ????.....I Hope so !!!!

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
Wow! Four goals! That's the most since we scored four against South Africa in a friendly! :)

I was really expecting more from the Salvador side. It must be one of their off days.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Excellent result for the US. I think this is the time that McBride has scored a hat trick as a pro. As far as El Salvador I am not surprised that they lost handily. I was not expecting a 4 - 0 but 2 or 3 goal difference was in my expectations. They couldn't match the US phisically.

Now against Canada should be a very interesting match.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts