Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Torres met with Bob Bradley and US officials in Washington last week and they asked him to play the Olympics for the United States.

Pachuca officials told him that the decision is between him and his family. He sounds like he's seriously considering doing so.

The first part is almost certainly true, so if Pachuca told Torres to make his own decision, he has to consider his options, and now is the right time to do so

hes a left back and they say hes a good one! **** cherendolo on the right and torres on teh left...good balance rite there... if he goes to the olymipcs!

torres........spector....gooch.....wynne now thats a D-line!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
During the recent CONCACAF Champions Cup semi-final 2nd Leg between DC United and Pachuca CF of Mexico, several US National Team bosses were sighted at RFK Stadium in Washington D.C.

According to an emailer, they were there to observe and persuade one Jose Francisco Torres, a 20 year old midfielder with dual Mexican and US citizenship having been born and raised in Longview, Texas. He is fluent in both English and Spanish.

According to our source, the persuasion may have worked, Torres really wants to play in the Olympics in Beijing this summer and since Mexico was eliminated during Olympic qualifying his only chance may be to join the USA camp.

Jose Francisco Torres doing well with Pachuca. He rose through theiryouth system, not an easy feat with so many talented players competing for playing time. His first league game was a semifinal match against Toluca in the Clausura 2006 season, due to Pachuca's participation in Copa Sudamericana. He played in four games before the start of the current campaign.
\\viva la mexico lol

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I thought he was a midfielder. Anyway, he looked like a good player in the Champions Cup. Lets hope he plays for us.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
U.S. will get a lot of heat for this if it happens, and especially since he plays in Mexico. But he was born in the states and it's perfectly legit. Haven't had a chance to see him play but I bet he's got plenty of skill and smarts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tough situation which is why I doubt US will get many of those mexican american kids. Even if they want to play for the US, like Orozco did, the pressure, hate and scrutiny would be immense. Tough environment to say the least. Especially the place you have to earn your living. The way it is though.

That Orozco kid is starting to get disliked by some San Luis fans, i think it was during the game against Jaguares when he was coming out you could hear some boos.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alvarez and robbie rogers are talented left mids he aint a big deal now if he was a right mid lol US fed would blow him

1 - 6 of 6 Posts