┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Donovon...leverkusen
Beasley....PSV
Gibbs....Feyenoord
Peter...Olympiakos
Howard....manure
Onewyu...Standard Liege(hes gone after this season...Lazio?)
Spector...Manure
Zak...liverpool

Before da 2002 WC...there was only 1 Americano playin for a Big club...O'brien! So da list is growing..not bad :thumbsup:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Movin on up like da jeffersons :eekani:

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Yes, this is very good to see. In years past one of my big fears for American players would be that they would be used only in small-time parts. I was afraid that none of the big guns would pick up on American players, as they thought they wouldn't be able to do the trick in big games.

The 2002 World Cup changed all of this. The success of American players, with great performances in vital games, has changed how our players are viewed in Europe. It's also brought a lot more respect to MLS now.

It's great to see so many players not just in Europe, but for big teams. It's really going to aid American football in many aspects for the future. For our biggest players not just now but for the future (Donovan, Beasley, Spector, Whitbread, Onewyu, etc. etc.) to be playing with Champions League and UEFA Cup teams is great for our football, because it gives them more and more experience on the biggest stage, meaning they'll be even more adept to the big stage in 2006 and 2010 than they weer in 2002.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Onewyu is a great center back, too bad he plays for Luik. If only he wore the blue and white of Racing Genk...

·
Registered
447 Posts
its good to see our players gettin a chance to do big things and change soccer history

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Btw, Birmingham City are interested in Oneywu and his contract with Standard ends in 2006.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
MagicalEd said:
Btw, Birmingham City are interested in Oneywu and his contract with Standard ends in 2006.
Yep, the rumours are pretty heavy. How good is he? We'll need a Cunningham replacement in a year or two and it sounds like he might fit the bill.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Oneyweu is a very tall stopper who can own the ariel challenges in the box. His touch, timimg, and pace are not bad either. He seems to have a very bright future ahead of him.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Oh, on a sidenote is he the dude with the absolutely awesome hairdo?

If it's who I'm thinking of I'd take him based on that.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://www.yanks-abroad.com/content.php?mode=news&id=0003000

full name Oguchi Onyewu...aka Gooch 6'3'' 205 pounds. Father is Nigerian. He was born here. Beasley , Donovon and Gooch took da US under 17 to da semi finals of da U17 wc...their best International showing eva....

Lazio , Hamburg , Birmingham , Newcastle rumored to covet him

Attributes: offensive skills , is a good marker and a bull

weakness: inconsistency

Future: An International star!!??? if he continues to improve!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I sure hope he goes to Lazio and makes a huge impact. :)

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Eh, I think money and the ease of culture switch to England gives us the edge.

We can pull this one off. :)

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Yeah he will probably go to England. I would rather see him go to Serie A and be the first American to play there since Alexi Lalas, maybe creating more interest for the league in the states.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Birm better heist a train and outbid Newcastle n' lazio :lala:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ajax..florida , milan..cali , Manu...seattle(still in progress) and now Charlton will start a youth academy :thmbup:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
If eveyone keeps leaving for Europe who will be left for the MLS Face it without the young blood in the league we will be forced to raid the Geriatric wards of Europe to fill our league

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
PAULMAY said:
If eveyone keeps leaving for Europe who will be left for the MLS Face it without the young blood in the league we will be forced to raid the Geriatric wards of Europe to fill our league
So what would be differnt that it is today? ;)

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
barça said:
So what would be differnt that it is today? ;)
What Im trying to say is That my U-9 team want to go to Metro stadium and see the Eddie Gavens, Freddie Adus The Beasleys. They sure as hell dont want to see Yuri something or other they have never seen or care about. Just 7 years ago PLayers such as Owen. Beckham Ronoldo were on the kids lips. Today its young American players Donovan and such, and I think that its wrong for them to watch a European game to get a glimpse of them.

The fact of life here in the US is Americans love winners and as the US natl team is far from being Champs yet Soccer will allways fight an uphill battle. Couple that with the Bias of american media to soccer its hard for them to Follow their heros in the paper. We are lucky enough to have an MLS team in our back yard but for those who dont and that is a major part of the US, soccer on a major league sport is of no interest to them. Now if you take there heros away then so will there intrest in the game.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Roma signed a US kid to their reserve side :thmbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts