Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a little bit of research with my Psychology course. I would really appreciate it if you guys could fill one in my two questionnaires. Thanks a lot.......

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Memory Questionnaire On September 11th 2001

IMPORTANT; PLEASE READ: For each question, please state on a scale of 1-5 how surprised you are that you recall this piece of memory (1= lowest surprise, 5= highest surprise, how much emotion you feel recalling this piece of memory (1= lowest emotion 5= highest emotion) and how much clarity in which you recall the memory (1= very little clarity 5= highest clarity). Write as much as you want.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXAMPLE:

2. How many cakes did you eat?

I ate six cakes 5, 2, 3. (5 for surprise, 2 for emotion, 3 for clarity)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all please state briefly what you did after you heard the news of September 11th

1. Please state what you were doing at the time you heard the news of September 11th

2. Who were you with at the time when you heard the news?

3. How did you initially learn about the event?

4. How were others around you affected?

5. How were you affected by the event?

General Questionnaire

Please circle the number that is most relevant to you. These statements are about how you feel generally on average. For demographic reasons, please state your AGE:____ and SEX_____(male/female)

a. At times I get anxious.

(Hardly ever anxious at all) 1- 2 - 3 - 4 – 5 (Usually quite anxious)

b. At times my mood goes up and down rapidly.

(Don’t change mood easily) 1- 2 - 3 - 4 – 5 (Change mood quite easily)

c. At times I can get quite easily upset when someone does something to me.

(Hardly ever get upset) 1- 2 - 3 - 4 – 5 (I’m quite easily upset)

d. At times I get restless

(Never usually restless) 1- 2 - 3 - 4 – 5 (Usually very restless)

e. When something goes wrong, I usually blame myself.

(I hardly ever blame myself) 1- 2 - 3 - 4 – 5 (I blame myself quite often)

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Example:

'where were you when you first heard the news of September 11th?'

I was at my mate's house. 3 (surprise), 4 (emotion), 5 (clarity)

----------------------------------------------

'5' is the highest score you can give, 1 is the lowest. If you give give, say, '5' for 'clarity' it means that you rember this with a lot of clarity and the same for 'emotion' and 'surprise' etc etc...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
First of all please state briefly what you did after you heard the news of September 11th

Watched the television coverage most of the night.

1. Please state what you were doing at the time you heard the news of September 11th

Just arrived home from school. (2, 4, 3)

Nobody, although my Dad phoned me to tell me. (3, 2, 4)

Dad phoned. (3, 2, 4)

I found that people preferred not to go out for the next couple of weeks. (2, 2, 3)

I was concerned about my cousin, who works in NYC, but the direct effects to me were mimimal. (2, 2, 5)

General Questionnaire

Please circle the number that is most relevant to you. These statements are about how you feel generally on average. For demographic reasons, please state your AGE:_18_ and SEX_male_(male/female)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
395 Posts
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Memory Questionnaire On September 11th 2001

IMPORTANT; PLEASE READ: For each question, please state on a scale of 1-5 how surprised you are that you recall this piece of memory (1= lowest surprise, 5= highest surprise, how much emotion you feel recalling this piece of memory (1= lowest emotion 5= highest emotion) and how much clarity in which you recall the memory (1= very little clarity 5= highest clarity). Write as much as you want.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXAMPLE:

2. How many cakes did you eat?

I ate six cakes 5, 2, 3. (5 for surprise, 2 for emotion, 3 for clarity)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched the coverage on Channel News Asia in my hostel room, my neighbor came to watch with me.

Doing some homework? not really sure (1, 1, 1)

Not really sure, i guess nobody, then my neighbour came to tell me and we switched the TV on. (1, 1, 1)

From my neighbour (1, 1, 3)

Worried about possible break of war, but also felt that it was something half a world away and not directly threatening us (1, 4, 3)

Worried about possibilities of subsequent attacks and what will become of the world (1, 4, 3)

General Questionnaire

Please circle the number that is most relevant to you. These statements are about how you feel generally on average. For demographic reasons, please state your AGE:_23___ and SEX__m___(male/female)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
lol wot year psych are you in? im currently studying 4th year and gtg back to the lecture! will do it later tonite!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

Watching TV and talking to my girlfriend. 3,5,5

With my girlfriend. 3, 5, 5

I saw it when i turn on the TV. 3, 2, 5

We all thought it was some kind of movie. 2, 2, 3

I couldn't believe that someone found the way to hurt the most powerfull country in the world. 3, 3, 4

General Questionnaire

Please circle the number that is most relevant to you. These statements are about how you feel generally on average. For demographic reasons, please state your AGE: 28 and SEX male (male/female)

hope it helps!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
no offense but this has nothing to do with Fiorentina:p

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Nope, it doesn't. But Firenze is a regular poster and a forum manager, and if we can help him, I'm sure it's not too much trouble to look at one extra topic on the frontpage of the Fiorentina XT forum.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts

I went to watch the tv and tried to know more about whole thing

I was sitting by my pc doing some work for the school, exactly it was an essay. 2-2-5

I was alone in the hause 2-3-5

I had my radio turned on, they stopped their program and started to talk about it 2-2-4

*you mean immediatelly at the moment or later?

at the moment i was very shocked, didn't know what happened, later when it was known what really happened i was a mixture of sad, angry and also confused 4-4-5

General Questionnaire

Please circle the number that is most relevant to you. These statements are about how you feel generally on average. For demographic reasons, please state your AGE: 19 and SEX male (male/female)

i hope it will help you, i'm a bit unsure with the emotion and surprise thing, is it meant like how much i was surprised at the moment and how large the emotion was?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Worked. I work at a financial news organization and heard about it when I walked in. The event threw all prior plans for the day out the window and so we scrambled to see what resources we had and how we could cover it (a major video hub with all the lines that come into out of the city is located near that site and got knocked out). Knew it was going to be a long day because the city blocked all transit coming into Manhattan and those of us already there were the only people who were going to be coming in that day (nobody would be relieving us after our shifts were supposed to end).

1-Walking into work a couple of hours early. I had a dentist appointment that morning that they seemed to have lost, and so since I was only a block away from work went in rather than went back home. (1-2-5)

2-My Co-workers. (1-2-5)

3-I was getting off the elevator and walking into the newsroom when the secondplane ran into the towers and it was at that moment when I first realized something was going on. TV monitors all over the room were showing it and there was a lot more activity on the floor than usual. (1-2-5)

4-Lots of shock, but for the most part people dove into their jobs of reporting (or supporting the reporting). A number of co-workers knew people who worked there and so were concerned that people they cared about were in danger and so aside from doing their work many were making calls to friends and family to see if they were all right and to let others know of their own safety. Also there was concern over the possibility of our building being next (since we're a media company that covers financial markets and the terrorists hit the Twin Towers which were full of financial companies some thought we'd be a target). (1-4-5)

5-Like most people around me I dove into my job and when I could made personal calls to various friends and family. Though I didn't think the building I was in was likely to be a target, I did have a strong sense of wondering "what's next?". Braced myself for the long day ahead (coming early in the morning and left well after midnight). (1-2-4)

General
A: 1
B: 2
C: 2
D: 2
E: 4

·
Registered
395 Posts
CRSvideo said:
5-Like most people around me I dove into my job and when I could made personal calls to various friends and family. Though I didn't think the building I was in was likely to be a target, I did have a strong sense of wondering "what's next?". Braced myself for the long day ahead (coming early in the morning and left well after midnight). (1-2-4)
Wow... must have been one heck of an experience being there and so close to the incident! Any trauma?

·
Registered
904 Posts
It was, to say the least, an interesting experience, though NYC is pretty big so even though it was in my city, I was kinda far removed. Didn't have any direct involvement when it was happening (did all my work in our studios that day - didn't go down to the scene). Still, it was very freaky with it happening in my city at places I was very familiar with (a summer job I had when I was still in school was being a messenger in the Lower Manhattan area) and, like I said before, there was the strong sense of wondering "what's next?". The smell of smoke was everywhere in the city for over a week not letting you forget what happened for a moment. I myself don't have any trauma from the whole experience (that I know of at least), but my younger sister works close to the Financial District and had a close up view of it all, and every so often she'll just break out crying.

Still, I feel kinda awkward about how much talk the events of 9-11 get. I mean it was bad, but so were the broken levees in New Orleans, the tsunamis that hit Asia and Africa last Christmas, the earthquake in Iran the Christmas before that, the terrorist attack on the school in Beslan Russia, not to mention the US's military activities and their consequences in Iraq - and these are just things comming off the top of my head. Unfortunately there have been a lot of traumatic events that have happened in the world over the past few years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts