Steffen, Guzan, Horvath

Yedlin, Brooks, Miazga, Palmer, Ream, Robinson, Garza

McKennie, Pulisic, Parks, Nagbe, Adams, Alfredo Morales, Saief, Amon , Delgado

Zardes, Wood, Weah, Sargent

·
We will ROCK u
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
good read, we need more scouts in the US. I mean keaton has never played on any of da US youth teams. He was never hyped up...now he may become a starter for benfica and be a stud for the US. He is a technically gifted player!

https://sports.yahoo.com/growth-spurt-unorthodox-path-molded-keaton-parks-usmnts-busquets-goals-025457102.html

How growth spurt, unorthodox path molded Keaton Parks into USMNT’s ‘Busquets with goals’

How is it possible that he is so technical with that height?”

Three years later, Parks is 6-foot-4. He made his first USMNT appearance on Monday in Pennsylvania. He’s at Portugal’s most successful club, Benfica. And the question is still pertinent: How did Parks, whose size-skill combo is almost self-contradictory, develop into one of the most intriguing under-21 prospects in the U.S. player pool?

The answers arise from various stops along one of the most unorthodox routes to the national team.

·
We will ROCK u
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
hope to see this lineup. I hope seiaf is ready to go and parks finally gets the start so we can see what he can do. Luc del torre is a gifted player. This dude needs to play over rubin. Hamid, and rubio have offered nothing so far! Trapp is too small. mckennie is a #6 for now until he smooths out his rough edges!

play novachakin , n see what he offers. sit down weah...dude has potential but is too raw.

................................novachkin

Luca del torre......Keaton parks.......adams.......Seiaf

..................................Mckennie

Robinson........Palmer............Miazga...........Yedlin

................................Steffen

·
We will ROCK u
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
good read, More americans are playing in euro. More americans are making it at top euro academies. The pool is deeper. We need more US scouts and better coaches. This group should be ready to go in 4-5 yrs if they develop properly. I say Throw them out there. let them get beat up by france. Its a good learning experience. Let them compete for roster spots...its all good! call in more talents like amon! try some decent scrubs out like trapp and rubin and then get rid of them...:D

https://www.themaneland.com/2018/6/4/17422336/a-golden-generation-may-be-on-tap-for-the-usmnt

Golden Generation May Be on Tap for the USMNT

Youngsters playing all over the world have us wondering if this group will succeed more than any other.

Which players could it be? We don’t know yet. But looking at the most recent USMNT rosters, there is a deep pool of talent younger than 20 years old. Looking at where all these youngsters are playing is a great indication. The supposed “golden generation” was playing in college and in MLS, with only Donovan overseas. Now take a look at where this current generation is playing.

Christian Pulisic - Borussia Dortmund (fourth in Bundesliga).
Weston McKinnie - Schalke FC (second in Bundesliga).
Timothy Weah - Paris St. Germain (first in Ligue 1).
Keaton Parks - Benfica SL (second in Primeira Liga).
Josh Sargent - Werder Bremen (11th in Bundesliga).
Cameron Carter-Vickers - Tottenham Hotspurs (third in English Premier League).
I could keep going, as there are dozens of Americans now spread out over Europe compared to the past. If you are going to tell me that you think from a developmental standpoint that Furman College or the Miami Fusion are going to maximize the same level of talent as the clubs above, I would ask you to reevaluate your standards.

This is only going to continue to help develop what I believe to be the best generation of soccer players we've seen to date. Development is a tough thing to project. I get that. So call me optimistic but I believe that many of these players will progress well and play huge roles in the national team over the next 10 years or more.

That’s where the timing comes into play. You can have a golden generation of players but if the competitions don’t fall well into that generation then it may not be perceived as that great. This is where I think the U.S. has been a bit unlucky with its previous teams. The 2014 World Cup team was too old with that generation being in its 30s. The 2002 and 2004 teams didn't have enough in one age direction or the other. The 2010 team was close to the right timing, and it fell in an unfortunate way to Ghana.

·
We will ROCK u
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
good read, Mckennie is raw but at DM he is good at playing D right now. His passing is inconsistent . Adams is good at defending and buzzing everywhere but is raw too. Playing in the bundelisga will help both of them out. Mckennie will be the starting DM for shalke next season so this will good for him

I would Play keaton at #8. He is isnt raw. Next season will be a big year for him. Hes gonna join benfica first team so hes gonna need to impress this pre season..

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/06/01/us-questions-start-tyler-adams-and-weston-mckennie-middle

US questions start with Tyler Adams and Weston McKennie in the middle

The US national team aren’t in the 2018 World Cup and it hurts, but in six weeks this year's tournament will be over and it’ll be a moot. The 2022 cycle will have begun. It’s OK to look forward even now.

It's tough, if not impossible, to anticipate the future. Four years is a long time. Players who seem promising will falter; names we never thought we’d consider will rise. It’s dangerous to assume anything.

That acknowledged, I brought my colleague Matt Doyle along to help ponder the possibilities, starting with a seemingly obvious hypothesis: Midfielders Weston McKennie (Schalke via FC Dallas academy) and Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls) will play a key role in the short- and long-term future of the U.S.

McKennie played 24 games for the second-best team in the Bundesliga, and the Texas native should feature in next year’s UEFA Champions League. Adams is a key component to one of the top teams in MLS and has incredible raw tools; rumors suggest he’s on his way to the Bundesliga, as well. In two years, when Concacaf World Cup Qualifying begins, they will each be 21 years old.

Their shared future represents an exciting prospect, though a question-laden one: Who has the higher ceiling? Will each slot alongside the other? Or is one destined for a shift? And if so, where? How does this all impact the rest of the roster?

Same, probably, with Keaton Parks. He’s yet another youngster (20 years old) at a big club (Benfica) with what looks like a great future. And his passing range is probably greater even than Adams or McKennie:

·
We will ROCK u
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
https://www.socceramerica.com/publications/article/78128/la-galaxy-iis-mike-munoz-on-how-mexico-landed-efr.html

LA Galaxy II's Mike Munoz on how Mexico landed Efrain Alvarez, how the Galaxy academy has evolved, and how he's learned from Bob Bradley

MIKE MUNOZ Yeah, there was communication while he was a part of the program. After he didn't get called back in and went to Mexico, there was a lot of speculation on whether the Galaxy pushed him to Mexico and was kind of a slap to the face of U.S. Soccer, which once again, is not true. Mexico was very aggressive to come after Efra, to come to his house, to invite him into a camp. We stay out of it, we want what's best for the player.

Hmm, pretty soon da mexico team will be full of mexican americans! at least we have llanez back, he said fu to mehico! He is an ankle breaker!

·
We will ROCK u
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
0-0, HT

hmm, why would we be playing a bunker game in a friendly game . How are u supposed to evaluate players? I mean, lol I guess.

Trapp and steffen were decent. Good fouling and bunkering . shit, we got a corner too:eek: mission accomplished :D

·
We will ROCK u
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
a lot of blood gushing out from miazga.....giroud is out :eek: :yuck:

USA can string passes together and have clean touches ....thats how it was in the ireland game. I think these 3 games were a success. I would like to see this team with brooks, pulisic and seaif starting. Its something for this group to build on for the future. continue evaluating and blooding these youngins

·
We will ROCK u
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
well, zach steffen got the starting gig. hes like a younger version of tim howard but better

terrible tactics. playing a bunker game in a friendly game. i cant wait for a real coach. sarachen wants the US coaching gig real bad if he is playing a bunker game in a friendly!

·
Registered
68,879 Posts
Very much smash and grab, same problems as usual for the US who are unable to hold onto possession but have a lot of heart in defense and a decent goalkeeper in Steffen.

·
Registered
55,766 Posts
well, zach steffen got the starting gig. hes like a younger version of tim howard but better

terrible tactics. playing a bunker game in a friendly game. i cant wait for a real coach. sarachen wants the US coaching gig real bad if he is playing a bunker game in a friendly!
desagree, he knows his stuff.
it was the tactic to adopte against france.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts