Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giovani Dos Santos (Mexico/20) - scored 4 goals in 8 apps for Ipswich Town.

Jozy Altidore (USA/19) - signed with Villarreal in 2008 and currently plays for Xerez on loan.

Takayuki Morimoto (Japan/20) - scored 7 goals in 2008-09 Serie A.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
If it's not in life in general, nor in sport, then wtf you mean by 3rd world? I got offended by that.

And Altidore is total garbage. I seen him against Costa Rica and v. Honduras.

It's the stupid Nike and Adidas soccer commercials and ads showing the USA NT games on FSC with Jozy Altidore everywhere that makes it look like he's some real talent. There's a reason not only did he not play in Villareal, but neither is he playing in Spanish 2nd league Xerxez. Massively overrated player. Freddy Adu #2. Whatever player the Americans call "World Class", they are average or below average. When they call him "super human" or "legend", only then are they average to very good.

Even though the American commentators called Donovan a soccer legend (?) but I'll let that slide just because he tried in Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich (although he failed in both places (I'll let that slide as well, just because I'm a nice guy)).

Dempsey and Bradley piss all over the other American players.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
If it's not in life in general, nor in sport, then wtf you mean by 3rd world? I got offended by that.

And Altidore is total garbage. I seen him against Costa Rica and v. Honduras.

It's the stupid Nike and Adidas soccer commercials and ads showing the USA NT games on FSC with Jozy Altidore everywhere that makes it look like he's some real talent. There's a reason not only did he not play in Villareal, but neither is he playing in Spanish 2nd league Xerxez. Massively overrated player. Freddy Adu #2. Whatever player the Americans call "World Class", they are average or below average. When they call him "super human" or "legend", only then are they average to very good.

Even though the American commentators called Donovan a soccer legend (?) but I'll let that slide just because he tried in Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich (although he failed in both places (I'll let that slide as well, just because I'm a nice guy)).

Dempsey and Bradley piss all over the other American players.
I think Altidore is a talent, you have to remember he is still only 19. He is a great athlete and has so much pace, and heart to his game. He does need a lot of work but he is so direct. Very fast, big, strong and he has a good shot on him. Just needs a lot of technical and tactical work.

Freddy Adu was overated but their must have been so much pressure on him as a 16 year old, of course he didn't reach the standards. He is 20, I think now and is starting to develop into a decent player. He is very good in one on one situations, he can beat a man and is technically very good, he just needs work on his final ball.

Landon Donovan isn't Bayern Munich class, and when he was at Leverkusen, they were one of the strongest teams in Germany. He would be a good player at a club like Hertha, Bielfield. He is lightning fast, technically strong and two footed.

The US Media is wrong for building these players up for something their not, but all 3 aren't poor players either.

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
but I have a question....what US soccer media? :D

other than Ives Galarcep, there is nobody, only the ones on ESPN who try to hype up the World Cup every four years so the average fan will watch, so of course they have to talk up the USA

Altidore should have not gone to Spain, I think he is the best of the three mentioned but Americans are successful in only a select amount of leagues, and Spain is not one of them.

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
perfect example today...ESPN are showing the Confederations Cup and Alexei Lalas says something along the likes of "Any tournament which Spain, Italy, Brazil and the USA is a quality tournament"....to me this is just an example of hyping up an average tournament and having soccer moms from Nebraska watching these games, I really hope Lalas does not think US belong in that category :D

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
One day before Egypt vs. Brazil, Lalas was saying how the US has good chances of making it out of the group stage. A tie with Italy was possible and an easy win against Egypt. Sadly he changed his mind after Egypt vs. Brazil and said we knew this was going to be the group of death.:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts