Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our upcoming friendly against Bosnia will be yet another test for our depleated Vatreni.

This game is crucial to us if we hpe to break the scoring drought and win our second to last game before May.(one against Hungary to go)

The Bosnian press has given us grief, the media in Croatia has blasted Jozic and his ineffective attacking preformances, the players are relying on a good game while the fans are hoping for some fluid football and a good scoreline.

Tudor is out, definitely, so is Simic. Jarni is questionable as he did not play for 2 weeks.

Dario Simic has been ruled out of Croatia's friendly with Bosnia after collecting an injury playing for Internazionale against Atalanta on Sunday.

"I spoke with Mirko Jozic and told him the news. It's obvious I will miss the game," the 26-year-old confirmed.

Inter doctors have only diagnosed a slight strain, but Simic has been told to rest for two weeks.

The imposing centre-back nonetheless hopes to return before the end of the campaign. "Maybe the season is not over for me yet. If I return in three weeks, I could still play one or two games," he said.
So that leaves our back line in tatters. Simunic will surely start, so will Kovac and Zivkovic. Who will take Simic's spot?

A likely contender might be Tomas, although he's not really a defender, he has been used back there for Dinamo.

While the Bosnian Salihamidzic is flying, he has become a truly great player, one the likes of which is hard to find in the Croatian squad.

Bolsic has not played for Boro due to light injuries, Suker is also on the bench, Vlaovic comes off it for 15 minute stretches.

Things do not look good for this friendly encounter, maybe another draw is in the cards?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
i think it's time to see what Ante Seric is made of....with the left back position available this is his opportunity.

If Jarni is unavailable, i'd start Rapajic on the left as he is the only left sided mid we could use, unless Jozic goes with a 3 man defence which then allows Seric to be played on the left hand side.

Upfront i'd have Boksic (if available) alongside Vlaovic or Vugrinec. I feel for T.Maric as i think he deserves a shot.

What about Silvio Maric? any chance of him making the squad?

In a 4-4-2 this would be my team....

---------Boksic (Vugrinec)-----Vlaovic-------------

---Rapajic------Prosinecki------Kovac-------Stanic----

---Seric---------Kovac---------Simunic-------Zivkovic--

-------------------------Pletikosa-------------------------

In the preferred 3-5-2 i'd go with this.....

------Boksic (Vugrinec)------Vlaovic--------------------

---------------------Prosinecki----------------------------

----Seric-------Soldo/Tomas------Kovac-----Stanic--

-------------Kovac------Simunic-----Zivkovic/soldo----

---------------------Pletikosa-----------------------------

i dunno, it gets all too confusing......when is the match being played?

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soldo and Maric never got a call up, S. Maric has no chance to make it.

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's going to be finalised on Friday.

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure Mario Tokic will appear alongside Simunic, Kovac and Zivkovic.

This does give us pretty solid footing in defense, though nowhere near as good as when Tusho and Simic are there.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
umm, soldo didnt get a call up last time since he is one of the sure ones for WC that is playing well, he is definetly counted on... so he will probably get a call this time

·
International
8,545 Posts
VRATARI: Pletikosa (Hajduk), Butina (Dinamo)

BRANIÈI: R. Kovaè (Bayern), Šimuniæ (Hertha), Sabliæ (Hajduk), Tomas (Vicenza)

VEZNI IGRAÈI: Živkoviæ (Bayer Leverkusen), Soldo (Stuttgart), Šeriæ (Verona), Jarni (Panathinaikos), Staniæ (Chelsea), N. Kovaè
(Bayern), Prosineèki (Portsmouth)

NAPADAÈI: Rapaiæ (Fenerbahèe), Vugrinec (Lecce), Bokšiæ (Middlesborough), Šuker (Muenchen 1860), Vlaoviæ (Panathinaikos), Oliæ (Zagreb).

·
International
8,545 Posts
This effectively ends any hope of Runje being called up.

I'm glad that Seric got called up which is just reward for his very good season in Serie A. I think Silvio Maric should've been given a call, he's played very well for Dinamo since coming back and since we need offensive midfielders I think we should've given him a try. I know most people will disagree with that but still....

I also read that Jozic wants to play Suker in midfield.......Jozic is hurtin and that's all I can really say about that.

Balaban should've been called, we could've seen how he would perform despite not playing at Villa. Jozic has said that Balaban won't get called up unless he wins a starting spot and that won't happen. It's not like Bosko has been given any real chance at Villa...it's not like he's been given a descent run in the line up and performed poorly, he's just not been given a chance. Olic hasn't been nearly as good in the second half of the season as he was in the first.

With the injuries to the defenders, we're pretty depleted back there and he could've called up more defenders like Tokic and even Saric...it won't hurt anybody just to have them there and give them some playing time in a friendly.

Ciro had his faults but he would've done better with the current squad than Jozic has.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Suker in midfield does not seem like a solution to me. Frankly, I don't know what is a solution to the lack of playmaking in midfield. Maybe there is no clear solution, but only a means of compensating for what we lack. I think that's what Jozic is looking for, something to minimize the problem in midfield.

The Runje issue is dead. The guy will have to wait for Euro to get his shot. Honestly, the guy didn't help his own cause with that great attitude of 'all or nothing'. Besides, the least of our concerns is goalie.

In addition, the whole Balaban situation seems to be getting more and more awkward. So the chairman of Villa (aka head idiot) says he will MAYBE get some chances before the end of the season. What the hell is that? Basically, that means Bosko won't be playing until next season. Again, what is Balaban supposed to do with these "chances" anyway. If he gets 15 minutes on the field, is he supposed to score or else? Who would be able to perform under that type of microscope. The whole thing makes me sick.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
i agree with Trikky and Ivo

i think our players aren't being given a fair run in their new leagues! the only league suited to our players has to be the Bundesliga and of course Serie A otherwise they have to be proven 100% talents like Boksic to be able to play in England or Spain etc...and even Tudor is being ****ed over by Juve :( im sure they dont rush Del Piero back into the line-up when he is injured oh well! we will prevail!

·
Registered
36,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jozic has only called 4 defenders? And Tokic isn't there? Maybe he's trying to shake a certain stereotype?

Anyways, great to see Seric in the suqad.

This will, I fear, be anther of those boring anti-climax games where midfield possesion counts for more than goals.

They're all over us, and feel they;re better at every position:rolleyes: , especially given, as some idiot in the Avaz put it, "half the Croatian team should really be wearing the Bisnian shirts"

we shall see come wednesday.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Ero if they're media is all over our players for not playing for the Bosnian national team then why isnt our media not all over them for being part of the Croatian national team cuz lets be serious we all know which nation grew out of which. have our people in the press been "izdresirani" that much! can't make such a proclamation as "why do most Bosnian players always like to play for our national team more than thier own?" or "why dont all Bosnian players play for Croatia since they really are most of them Croatian?" but noooo that would be dangerous to say! b/s i say! if they do it to us why not hit back! i mean if they leave us alone then we would never get mad at them just like the Slovenians! they deserved for the most part what they got in Maksimir!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
nesmeta me nista, steta sto ti nemozes to dvaput procitati i shvatish ... nisam ti ja ni mama ni tata, tako da mozes pisati koliko hoces i sto hoces... samo ne na ovim forumima molim te

poticanje na navijacke sukobe, te nekakve izjave da su svi bosanci hrvati, etc, etc stvarno ne pripadaju na ove forume, ima vjerovatno milijun foruma na kojima mozes pricati o tome, ali molim te nemoj ovdje

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
tocan si Spwolf! ali sto mene smeta je sto se istina mora uvijek sakrivati! to mene smeta! jer ja i ti oba znademo tu istinu samo drugi(koji vicu kontra sto sam ja reko o Bosni) vole nas praviti budalom :)

1 - 20 of 153 Posts