Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone think we should start Kalinic and Mandzukic up front with galinovic in goal??? suggestions for the team plz.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
This friendly is a joke, but I expect nothing less from HNS!
The only use we can get out of this is to use it to test out all the fringe players who might be good enough for NT, especially perisic, kovacevic and cop.
So no Hajduk, I dont think Kalinic and Mandzukic should play, even they would find this game a waste of time-we already know what they can (and can't) do, a few goals against Oman wouldn't make them good players.
Olic, however, might actually score if we play him up front against Oman. :D

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Oh, and it sums up how unprofessional HNS is that england play slovakia a day later, as they play similar a style to us and ukraine, (but obviously to a lower standard) so it should still help them prepare for WC qual.
I can't see who Oman will help us prepare to play-definately not england or ukraine! :confused:

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
Choices are limited- but Oman! :pp We must be playing the worst opposition out of all the European countries.
its good preperation for andorra..;) i didnt even know oman had a national team..:eek:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I think you guys are underestimating Oman. They have had some decent results as of late, they won the Gulf Cup beating hosts Saudi Arabia and they managed to tie japan 1-1 in a WC qualifying match

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
pahaha classic sig HH.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
The game is gonna be played in Cro.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I just went on Fifa.com and they list us as the home team. That's where I got that from.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Aha, I was just reading an article from a few days ago where they said that no matches will be played before Andorra, hence my confusion.

Yep, FIFA site definitely has us playing a friendly against them on the 27th March.

I hope so, would like to see some new faces, just for the friendly, am getting irritated by Bilic not experimenting a bit in friendlies.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
PLaying with NTs like Iraq, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman has a pretty good record so they arent as bad a team as we may think!

Gulf cup od Nations
2004 Oman National Team Won second place trophy 17th Gulf Cup of Nations
2007 Oman National Team Won second place trophy 18th Gulf Cup of Nations
2009 Oman National Team Won the Gulf Cup 19th Gulf Cup of Nations

Even though Bilić may not experiment with the NT as much as we would like what he is doing is giving the players a chance to play together. He does to his credit rotate the 20 players he considers to be the core of the NT, well within the friendly games played while keeping the result a priority.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
I doubt it but where did you get the roumor from?

1 - 20 of 185 Posts