Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I came across this chinese article in argstorm. Hence I translated to share with all.

A :star: tribute to Ayala and hopes he doesn't leave us for filthy Chelsea. :yuck: ;)

Ayala - A More Tenacious Defender Without Mother Love
-------------------------------------------------

His mother deserted the family soon after Ayala was born. For 16 long years, he spent countless efforts in pursuing her whereabouts. When he finally reached his mother’s doorstep, he was left rejected behind the door. His mother simply refused to see him. Without any glimpse of his mother, he was driven away with a cold cold answer. After 4 years, Ayala was invited to River Plate. Out of surprise, the mother who deserted her own flesh & blood twice appeared and requested for a reunion. The reason was simply, MONEY. He never experienced mother love in the stage of growing up and that sums up Fabian’s dark moments of his life.

What is Mother Love?
----------------------------

Fabian is a very special child. He has lots of friends and is being trusted by everyone. Without specify reasons, he refused to play with everyone. When all is at play, he is often spotted standing aside and watching. It must be the terrible hurt he suffered that lead to this behaviour. Speaking of Fabian, his father (Roberto) could not hide his sentimental moments.

***(To prevent confusion, I should address Ayala’s father as Roberto and Ayala as Ayala/Fabian.)

Roberto Fabian Ayala is currently Argentina’s most outstanding man marking center back. In his family and hometown, Ballana, he is always known as “Fabian”. In Argentina, if a child’s first name takes after his father, then people will usually address the child by his second name.

Ayala was born in 1973, 14th April in the eastern part of Ballana city. His father desired a happy family life but incidents went against his wish as the mother deserted the family. At that time, Roberto (Ayala’s father) was only 19 and he took up the full responsibility of taking care of him (Ayala).

Since then, Ayala lived with his father and grandparents. His grandfather, Camilos was a football manufacturer. When father, Roberto was at work, Camilos used to teach grandchild Ayala the techniques of football manufacturing & repairs. At that time, Roberto was a footballer at the city club and was also managing a small dairy products shop. When Roberto is free, he used to deliver dairy products from door to door. Ayala likes to help his father with the chores. Despite the loss of mother love at a young age, he is a kind teenager.

Roberto quoted,” My child’s character is not extravagant, nor rebellious as he is gentle, kind and he never do things that worry the family. He also said that Ayala is a courteous and very responsible child. He always tides his stuff neatly and never requires supervision from his seniors. Ayala arranges his books, toys, clothing, shoes in orderly manner and is also a obedient student in school.

However, Ayala turns temperamental when his father has a new girlfriend. Soon, Roberto got wedded and Collisidia was born. Theoretically, Collisidia is Ayala’s brother but Ayala refused to stay with his new mother & brother even when he is at a young age. He prefers to stay with his grandparents at that moment. Despite the fact, Roberto still regard Ayala as his most beloved son. This could be proven when Ayala personally quote, “My father always told me, regardless of what unhappy incidents, you must tell your father. Because I’m your best friend.” With Roberto’s love, understanding and care, Ayala started to accept his new mother & brother.

Father & Son On The Field
----------------------------

Although having a father as a footballer, Ayala only started playing soccer when he was 10 years old. Ayala once quoted, “My friends are always playing soccer, it is no fun to me at all.” It might be the fact that his father’s participations in soccer that made Ayala felt so. In Ayala’s eyes, Football is the culprit that snatched his father.

Roberto plays for neighboring city, Saint-Ho-Sa as a free-role. In Saint-Ho-Sa league matches, Roberto is well renowned as he was nicknamed “The League First Free Man”. Soon, Roberto returned to Ballana City as he switched clubs to Ballana Athletics. In 1978, Sasifiade (beg your pardon, definitely wrong spelling) invited him to join them. Roberto was 24 at that time and was an unknown defender to the whole Argentina.
The greedy Ballana Athletics requested for a high transfer fee as they presume Roberto as “Daniel Passarella”. At that time, Roberto had already joined Sasifiade summer training session and the coach was very satisfied with his performance. Unfortunately, the transfer did not go through due to the unreasonable transfer fee and Roberto have to return to Saint-Ho-Sa.

Due to influence from his Father, Ayala chose to play as a center back as he joined his father in Saint-Ho-Sa. Over there, Ayala made tremendous progress. At the very young age of 14, he made his debut on the field and cooperated with his father to form the defensive line. His father played as a free-role and Ayala was responsible for man marking. The Ayala family made news headlines as the league discovered the first history making, Father & Son defense partner.

In 1988, Ayala joined Ballana at the age of 15 and he spent no time in breaking into the first team. As Roberto retired soon, he joined his son at Ballana as a coach. Under the guidance from Roberto, Ayala made progress everyday. In his second year, Ayala accepted Sasifiade invitation after much pursue from the coach, Fanmedgolia (Sorry, another wrong spelling). Ayala had no problems through the trials however, his comrade, Bellino was not selected. In the end, Ayala rejected the proposal to join Sasifiade as he returned to Ballana. Despite different reasons, Sasifiade was not fated with the Ayala family.

In 1990, Ayala & Bellino arrived in Burno Aires and joined the Western Rails (direct translation) trials. This time, both were selected and Ayala’s professional footballing career starts from here.

In Western Rails, Ayala started to experience life of staying with a team. He met Laimonda, Samuelso and lots of friends. His good friend, Laimonda speaks of Ayala, ”His personality is stern and serious but his behaviour is truly amusing. With strict and serious expressions, he does give us the frights and laughs at times. ”

In February 1992, Ayala was 18 and he was regarded by the Western Rails coach as the “Daniel Passarella Style Center Back”. Shortly, Ayala made his Division 1 debut. He displayed a tenacious yet calm manner of defending style that does not match his age. His defending causes fear & worries in the opposition forwards and he was soon the indispensable defender. In that season, he made 18 appearances out of a total of 19 league matches. In the following 1992-1993 season, he made appearances in ALL league matches. After showing his capability and potential for only a year, Ayala was being regarded by the Argentina media as “The Most Prospect Youngest Defender”.

After having a stable income since becoming a footballer, Ayala acquired his long beloved car. At that time, he was dating Laimonda’s cousin. When she is returning to her hometown in Touraylao City, Ayala intended to drive her to the coach station. However, they were delayed and the coach had left. Laimonda quoted, ”Ayala wanted to play hero in front of her and volunteered himself to send her to Touraylao City. Mind you, the distance from Burno Aires to Touraylao is 1400km!!!” However, after Ayala made up his mind, he never looked back. Hence, he drove his girlfriend and Laimonda right up to Touraylao and back for 30hrs! Laimonda quoted, ”He encounter problems without considering minor details. In his stern and serious attitude, it is a bit rash. Hence, if this guy comes up with some funny ideas, you have to be careful. It might sounds like a joke, but he is damn serious behind it. (*Smiles*)

From River Plate to the World
------------------------

Till December 1993, Ayala was Western Rails’ starting center back. At that time, he accepted River Plate’s coach, Passarella’s invitation. It was an opportunity not to be missed and he agreed without hesitation. While negotiating for the transfer is held, the woman who deserted her own son appeared suddenly and requested for an reunion with Ayala. In actual fact, Ayala has been discreetly searching for his mother through the years without Roberto’s approval. When he was at Ballana, he discovered from his relatives that his mother was residing in Rosalio. As he paid her a visit, they were separated by a door and the reply was, ”I don’t feel like meeting you ”. Ayala could not get any glimpses of her mother and was driven away.

Then this is the mother who went to her son for money when she knew her son is joining River Plate. Speaking of his past, Ayala do not want to discuss much. But he once quoted to his good friend, ”If she is truly my mother, I wanted to see her immediately. However, twice she deserted me. I could have meet up with her but I could not treat her as a mother anymore.”

Ayala never experienced mother love but he inherited his father’s defensive potential. From 1993-1994 season, Ayala started out his River Plate career and broke into the first team in no time. Half a year later, Passarella was appointed nation coach and Ayala made his debut for Argentina on 16th November 1994 against Chile. It is also this time, when he celebrated his first league championship at River Plate.

After staying with River Plate for 18 months, Ayala joined Serie A Napoli in 1995-1996. Since then, he left his mark in AC Milan and joined Valencia in July 2000. During this period, he participated in the Atalanta Olympics and won the Silver medal for Argentina.

However, Ayala might not be fated with the World Cup. In 1998 World Cup held in France, he was being outpaced by Owen. In his second World Cup 2002, he was injured before the first match and was left no chance to participant after Argentina was knocked out in the first stage. 2006 World Cup qualifying matches have already started and it will be Ayala’s final opportunity to participant. Ayala hopes to be crowned a World Champion that could make a perfect ending to his footballing career.

Source: http://www.argstorm.com/2003NewVersion/shownews.asp?newsid=4052

Translated by Jason

-----------------------------
I tried my best to translate the chinese article to english.
Hence pardon me for my average english and mistakes if you spot one.
I am not responsible for any misunderstanding that you have read from my translation

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Good article, pretty sad though (the thing about his mother)!

T4F; as you know chinese, could you search this site www.realmadridcf.cn and tell me If you could find the Valencia-Real Madrid full match download (from this season, which ended 2-0)! I´d really like to see that one!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NEO said:
Good article, pretty sad though (the thing about his mother)!

T4F; as you know chinese, could you search this site www.realmadridcf.cn and tell me If you could find the Valencia-Real Madrid full match download (from this season, which ended 2-0)! I´d really like to see that one!

I have just visited the site and the download section was stated to be closed due to serious bandwidth problem. They are looking forward to solve the problem and hopefully the section will be up again. Then again, if you need any past video clips, kindly contact:

oicq:274240497
MSN:[email protected]
email:[email protected]

Do you want to contact them personally, or want me to do it instead?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nobody viewing yet no replies...
My hard work went down e drain?
:sob: :fero:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Thank for your both efforts, I think I´ll contact them myself! The article was really a good read!

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
WOW :eek:

Great article and very good translation skills
Ayala has always been one of my favorites players
too bad he got injured and did not play in the World Cup
the Argentina performance would had been different.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks for the story. I like Ayala.
This article kinda change his hard guy image on the pitch for me.
Sad about his relationship with his mom.

·
Registered
34 Posts
haha;) oh my god..u actually translated it word by word
are u a member of argstorm? cos i am hee :howler:
well..as theres always a very story behind a hero..Though he might have a miserable childhood but that made him what he is now..a real man. He has such a great quality and personality, he might not have been really outgoing and really cool on the surface but im sure he has the most innocent and kind-hearted soul in him :smileani:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, I'm not a member of argstorm. I just frequent the website often to receive latest updates of arg players

;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts