Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard praise for all our team and rightly so but when it comes to picking out special individuals all I hear is Figo, Rui Costa and nuno gomes.
True, all these players had good tournaments but for me Portugal's star player of the tournament was fernando couto closely followed by jorge costa, they were a solid rock in front of baia and in my opinion apart from the mistake against turkey couto was almost perfect. Everything that came his way he took care of and whats more he played all 5 games.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Agree.You know the defense is the part that gives less show off,i mean you can easier notice the players who score and who make nice things ahead but that´s true that Jorge Costa and Couto did a great job.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I hope this results in more first team football for players like Couto & Conceicao at Lazio.

I was begining to think that Couto's career was going down hill and that he was past his best...but he was excellent at Euro 2000 and I think he has a few trophy's left in him. Along with Sousa, Couto is probably the most successful player we have in terms of the major trophies they have won. Couto has won domestic trophies in Spain, Portugal and Italy and won the Cup Winners Cup with Barcelona and the UEFA Cup with Parma.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts