Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would this actually be legal tactics when a team really needs to score a goal?

you would probably have to resort to this only in the last minute of the game, because you would piss off the other team so badly, and it is quite easily replicated.

1) Get enough players to surround the ball , either at the foot, knee or chest level. Then hop the ball into the goal.

To organise this, you probably need your opponent to not close down your players while organising. So it will only work if they are not intent on closing down the ball (such as Chelsea this week maybe)

2) Apply a patch of contact cement on one of your players' shin. Pass the ball to the player inside the penalty area and let him run the ball into the goal.

It will instantly be noticed by the opponents, so you would have to do it at short range. It will have to be done in the last minute of the game, since you don't want the ball stuck to your players' shin, and the player has to be a substitution (he can't run around for 90 minutes with the cement).

Are they within the laws of the game?

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
I'm pretty sure the first one is illegal too. Tried that in a school game once and our coach made me run a couple of laps :D

Essentially all the opponents have to do is surround your team and stand there, you can't move the ball forward without fouling them to get them out of the way.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
One thing I've wondered about is if when a player is at the corner flag wasting time and surrounded by some opponents, can't one of them just run over the byline, around the player and then kick the ball from under his foot? I've never seen it happen but I haven't heard of it being illegal either

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Classic example of not being able to "think outside the field" when absorbed in playing the game.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
1- GK will do PK - and none other

2- Change players: 1 in first 55min and 2 after

3- Extra or overtime
- first 20mins with 10men
- 2nd 10mins with 9men (only 3DF allowed)

4- in PSO: GK and kicker can do whatever (dribble, running at opponents) after the whistle blown

·
D10S
2,205 Posts
I've seen indirect penalty kick (not during PK shoot-out), playing 3-2-5 (Spain's Euro 2000 vs Yugoslavia, Korea WC 2002 vs Turkey in last minutes), GK move forward in last minute Corner Kicks (Schmeichel, Rampulla, etc.).

·
D10S
2,205 Posts
1- GK will do PK - and none other

2- Change players: 1 in first 55min and 2 after

3- Extra or overtime
- first 20mins with 10men
- 2nd 10mins with 9men (only 3DF allowed)

4- in PSO: GK and kicker can do whatever (dribble, running at opponents) after the whistle blown
1. Still a 50-50 at best. Unless you have a Chilavert in your squad. Could be circumvented by swapping a field player for a GK (not necessarily a substitution from the bench.
2. Compulsory subs? Really?
3. the notion 3 def only will be difficult to implement.
4. tried in the old NASL and early days of MLS, maybe not the cup of tea for traditionalists.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts