Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Re: Re: Bayern v Real

Real_Galactico said:
Hehe another anti-Madrid fan, stop being a hater, Bayern stand no chance.
Do NOT underestimate Bayern! Equally how they played this season they'll be 300% motivated against us and against them its always hard and dangerous to play, specially when theyre traded as underdogs... plus they'll have an advantage being more relaxed from the winterbreak in GER.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Nobody is underestimating Bayern, but to come to our forum and post like Fabiocapello did, is a small provocation and things have to be put straight.
Btw, who's Bayern?:tongue:

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
stuff Bayern??? is Real running away with the Spanish league? Bayern haven't had a great start to the first half of the season but they showed that they perform when needed in their last 2 outings in the Bundesliga, beating Stuttgart in a table topper and then thrashing Freiburg 6-0. No team with Makaay, Kahn, Ballack and co is a walk-over. Madrid are favourites though (they would be against any side in the world too if you see the line-up) but if you underestimate Bayern, you'll be up for one or two surprises. ;) and please don't come saying "aye you play shyte football, anti football bla bla" if Madrid lose cos you know what you'll be getting from Bayern: efficient football :cool:

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Wally said:
stuff Bayern??? is Real running away with the Spanish league? Bayern haven't had a great start to the first half of the season but they showed that they perform when needed in their last 2 outings in the Bundesliga, beating Stuttgart in a table topper and then thrashing Freiburg 6-0. No team with Makaay, Kahn, Ballack and co is a walk-over. Madrid are favourites though (they would be against any side in the world too if you see the line-up) but if you underestimate Bayern, you'll be up for one or two surprises. ;) and please don't come saying "aye you play shyte football, anti football bla bla" if Madrid lose cos you know what you'll be getting from Bayern: efficient football :cool:
efficient football? must be the reason for winning 2 points in a group with Milan, Deportivo and Lens last season.:rolleyes: And also the reason to be kicked out in the quarters two years ago by the best club in the world!:tongue:

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
lili said:
efficient football? must be the reason for winning 2 points in a group with Milan, Deportivo and Lens last season.:rolleyes: And also the reason to be kicked out in the quarters two years ago by the best club in the world!:tongue:
No, last year they didn't play that. When they saw the draw , they thought "well easy group, it'll be a cakewalk" and we didn't see that hard work and grit you associate with Bayern. Also Hitzfeld tried to make Bayern play more attacking football, playing only one defensive midfielder while he had always used two with Effenberg in the team, a season before. Also Ballack was just new in the team last season and needed to gell in. Ze Roberto has never been consistant for Bayern so far unfortunately.

The defensive style won Bayern games this season too against Stuttgart and Anderlecht. It's the way forward for Bayern and their route to sucess, love or hate it :cool: as long as Makaay scores, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
I see, I see. This year everything changes.

Lets see:

Group A

Club Pld W D L GS GA Pts

Lyon 6 3 1 2 7 7 10
Bayern 6 2 3 1 6 5 9
Celtic 6 2 1 3 8 7 7
Anderlecht 6 2 1 3 4 6 7

Bayern 2 - 1 Celtic
Anderlecht 1 - 1 Bayern
Lyon 1 - 1 Bayern
Bayern 1 - 2 Lyon
Celtic 0 - 0 Bayern
Bayern 1 - 0 Anderlecht

Still no reason to think Bayern is efficient.
In scoring terms efficent teams had been so far:

Juventus- 15
Monaco- 15
Manchester United- 13
Deportivo- 12
Real Madrid- 11

In received goals:

Manchester United- 2
Milan- 3
Chelsea- 3
Sparta-5
Madrid-5

Fact is, that Bayern played awfull football without any concept in the 1 st round, scored 6 goals and was damn lucky to eliminate Anderlecht. I've seen 2 of their matches and they reminded me on Inter of last season: crappy midfield and the strikers cutted of from the ball. I feel sorry for LaLiga scorer Nr.1 Makaay, that he joined Bayern.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Kiyan said:
Can't wait. 'nuff said.

BTW lili, good luck trying to prove if Bayern play good football or not with stats from a website:rolleyes:
I'm used to back up my opinion and I couldn't care less, you don't like it!

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
lili said:
I'm used to back up my opinion and I couldn't care less, you don't like it!
Thing is you're not even proving anything. Fact is form doesn't mean a thing in matches like these, and we've found that out over the year.

Then again, you weren't even close to being a Real Madrid fan when we knocked Bayern out last time:eek:

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Kiyan said:
no, she's been on xtratime for a long time without even mentioning the word real madrid.

I think she woke up one day and decided to join the glory, that was like last week.
Dude this is not the same lili, the french lili doesn't post in XT anymore.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.