Xtratime Community banner

UNL: Italy v Poland (07/09) & Portugal (10/09)

4K views 61 replies 13 participants last post by  pavnedved 
#1 ·
Poland squad for Italy

Fabianski (West Ham), Skorupski (Bologna), Szczesny (Juventus); Bednarek (Southampton), Bereszynski (Sampdoria), Dzwigala (Wisla Plock), Glik (Monaco), Kaminski (Fortuna Dusseldorf), Kedziora (Dinamo Kiev), Pietrzak (Wisla), Reca (Atalanta), Rybus (Lokomotiv Moscow); Blaszczykowski (Wolfsburg), Frankowski (Jagiellonia), Goralski (Ludogorets), Kadzior (Dinamo Zagreb), Klich (Leeds), Krychowiak (Lokomotiv Moscow), Kurzawa (Amiens), Linetty (Sampdoria), Makuszewski (Lech Poznan), Romanczuk (Jagiellonia), Szymanski (Legia), Zielinski (Napoli); Lewandowski (Bayern Munich), Milik (Napoli), Piatek (Genoa)

#2 ·
Goalkeepers: Alessio Cragno (Cagliari), Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan), Mattia Perin (Juventus), Salvatore Sirigu (Turin);

Defenders: Cristiano Biraghi (Fiorentina), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Mattia Caldara (Milan), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Domenico Criscito (Genoa), Emerson Palmieri (Chelsea), Manuel Lazzari (Spal), Alessio Romagnoli (Milan ), Daniele Rugani (Juventus), Davide Zappacosta (Chelsea);

Midfielders: Nicolò Barella (Cagliari), Marco Benassi (Fiorentina), Bryan Cristante (Rome), Roberto Gagliardini (Inter), Jorginho (Chelsea), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Rome), Nicolò Zaniolo (Rome);

Forwards: Mario Balotelli (Nice), Andrea Belotti (Turin), Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo), Federico Bernardeschi (Juventus), Giacomo Bonaventura (Milan), Federico Chiesa (Fiorentina), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Lorenzo Insigne (Naples), Pietro Pellegri (Monaco), Simone Zaza (Turin)

#12 ·
----Insigne------Immobile-------Chiesa----
---Bonaventura--Jorginho--Cristante------
Palmieri---Chiellini--Bonucci---Zappacosta
------------------Sirigu----------------------

If you had to play 4-3-3 and it were up to me. The fullback situation is frightening, and Jorginho really hasn't been able to play for the Azzurri the way he plays for Sarri, but I think that attack could be fun. Not the most physically imposing lineup, but the movement should be good. Still don't trust Balo to work for the team despite the fact that he can score goals out of nowhere and by himself.

#14 ·
Mancini will field both Bernardeschi and Insigne tonight. This is easily the most uninspiring lineup of Italy in ages. Maybe not the worst but I have to make an effort to support this team and there is no way I can like it.

The overpaid/overrated not-nearly-so-good-as-people-pretend Raiola's teenage goalie - the-biggest-bargain-of-Cairo-ever Chelsea benchwarmer, the prodigal son, Chiellini, Criscito - a-good-half-of-a-season-for-Atalanta-then-to-Inter-just-Red-and-few-others-rate, Jorginho, Pellegrini - when-Douglas-Costa-comes-in-it-is-a-completely-different-game, I-give-drops-of-class-be-happy-with-it other Raiola's horse, even-the-saudi-goalie-knows-my-movements-feint-to-the-left-cut-to-the-middle-and shoot-at-the-far-post

#17 ·
That first half was horrible, and Zielinski really should have scored twice. Each player was wrose than the next. When Berna wasn't losing control, he was busy missing the target from every where. Balo was comatose. Jorginho wasn't doing anything right.

I know the manager is supposed to get the most out of the team, but manager after manager hasn't been able to do anything with these guys. Maybe the reason there are only 1/3 italians in Serie A is that the eastern european players aren't just cheaper, they're better.

#18 ·
Well, truth is that Conte managed to have good results so I also blame the managers. Surely Ventura, Mancini has just started but he must find solutions soon.

In the meanwhile a frustrating Balotelli has been replaced by Belotti. At halftime Pellegrini had been replaced by Bonaventura.

#28 ·
Would you have preferred a friendly then, which this would have been before? At least this game was played with emotion.

Aside from Balotelli, that is. What the hell was that performance? And why on earth did Mancini start him anyway?

#25 ·
A scandalous decision for the penalty-kick which was actually a brilliant tackle and Poland would have won comfortably otherwise.

I think Italy played better under Ventura, they were that poor this evening, endless basic technical mistakes, no passing movements, aimless crosses etc.

#26 ·
A scandalous decision for the penalty-kick which was actually a brilliant tackle and Poland would have won comfortably otherwise.

I think Italy played better under Ventura, they were that poor this evening, endless basic technical mistakes, no passing movements, aimless crosses etc.

Are you sure you watched the two legs vs Sweden? :D

My ratings: Donnarumma 6.5 - Zappacosta 5, Bonucci 6, Chiellini 6, Biraghi 5.5 - Gagliardini 5, Jorginho 5, Pellegrini 5 (Bonaventura 5.5) - Bernardeschi 5, Balotelli 4 (Belotti 6), Insigne 4 (Chiesa 6.5)

#27 ·
Not sure what Balotelli is meant to be in that formation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.