Xtratime Community banner

Universitatea Craiova Thread

81K views 3K replies 38 participants last post by  The Rumaniac 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the new Universitatea Craiova thread. This thread is for anybody who is a great supporter of the greatest team in the world, UNIVERSITATEA CRAIOVA!!!!
:strong:

* Campioana Romaniei (4 ori): 1974, 1980, 1981, 1991
* Vicecampioana Romaniei (5): 1973, 1982, 1983, 1994, 1995
* Ocupanta locului III (7): 1967, 1975, 1977, 1984, 1986, 1990, 1993
* Castigatoarea Cupei Romaniei (6): 1977, 1978, 1981, 1983, 1991, 1993
* Finalista a Cupei Romaniei (5): 1975, 1985, 1994, 1998, 2000
* Semifinalista a Cupei UEFA: 1983
* Sfertfinalista a CCE: 1982

#2 ·
Welcome here Omaciu :)

U. Craiova is doing pretty well in Cyprus so far.

I like the fact that they have so many young players and they manage to play a very pleasant and good football despite being in Divizia B.

#7 ·
Craiova is a different team since they entered Div. B and i am positive that they will go back to Div. A and will do very well. We have a lot of young players with a great deal of talent. Thats the good thing about Craiova, we dont have to spend so much money on bringing in talent since we have a really good youth system.
FORRRZZZA STIIINTA

#9 ·
true, but Craiova managed to beat Cluj in the cup, and quite honestly should have beat FC National also. We will see how they do against south korea and wisla cracovia

...btw I wonder if its possible to get the romanian matches to be streamed ..like if u can see romanian channels online...

#12 · (Edited)
Craiova - Inter Baku

we just lost to Inter Baku of Azerbaijan. Apparently, Inter Baku is pretty good and they have a 10 million euro budget...

UNIVERSITATEA: Bornescu, Ciuca, Stavaru, Mitchell, Dananae, Stoica, Fritea, Velcovici, A. Ionescu, Clarke, D. Orac.
Antrenor: Ovidiu Stanga.
Au mai jucat: Lung-jr., Neagoe, L. Preda, Saceanu, Costea I, Stemat, Costea II, Covalenco, Curteanu.

So, Piturca, Dina and Dodd didn't play. In any case, Inter Baku is way better than anyother Div.B team and i think we could have won if it wasn't a friendly.

#13 ·
Mazilu to Craiova???

It has come to my attention that FC Universitatea Craiova, 2nd Division club about to promote back into Divizia A is negociating a possible transfer of Sportul Striker and Divizia A top scorer Ionut Mazilu. This is a rumour, yet it would be nice to see him play for the white and blue. Craiova will also need to sign other quality players this summer to do well in Divizia A. We need a powerful efficient striker (mazilu), a strong central defender, a good midfielder to replace Stanga in most games and a backup goalkeeper.

#14 ·
omaciu said:
It has come to my attention that FC Universitatea Craiova, 2nd Division club about to promote back into Divizia A is negociating a possible transfer of Sportul Striker and Divizia A top scorer Ionut Mazilu. This is a rumour, yet it would be nice to see him play for the white and blue. Craiova will also need to sign other quality players this summer to do well in Divizia A. We need a powerful efficient striker (mazilu), a strong central defender, a good midfielder to replace Stanga in most games and a backup goalkeeper.
There is no way in hell that Mazilu will go to Craiova.
If Steaua, Rapid, or Dinamo do not grab him he will end up playing at a foreign club.

#15 ·
i agree...its very unlikely..but for him it wouldn't be such a bad move...dinamo will ruin him, rapid will not spend that much money...steaua might get him if they sell any strikers...otherwise coming to craiova would be a good move since big foreign clubs know craiova to be a hotspot for talent (Popescu, Craioveanu, Chivu, Plesan and most recently Andrei Ionescu)

#16 ·
well, we still need more strong teams in Div A and losing Craiova was certainly a very bad thing for all of us

#17 · (Edited)
dont worry...next season were back and this time we mean business, no more fooling around

It would be nice if FC Caracal makes it to Divizia A as well, 2 teams from Oltenia (assuming Panduri relegate lol) would be awesome! :happy:

Now that the end of the season is near, Craiova will need to sign some new players to be ready to tackle the podium next year and the cup. Who do you think should goto Craiova?

#20 ·
well it all depends... Tanasa is a good prospect, Curelea... Cristea... Tilinica from Cluj... Lucian Goian... Moti...Prepelita theres quite a few good players in div a

#22 ·
well Arges wanna get a better position I know... but seriously I think their best players will grab any chance to get to one of the big 3

#24 ·
the rivalry between craiova and dinamo is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo huge... I still remember the Popescu issue

#26 ·
Craiova is gon be back... lets see what they will do when back in Div. A

Gane plays for Craio? wow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.