Xtratime Community banner

2981 - 2997 of 2997 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
Yeah they just released him some hours ago. Good riddance...

Just hope we replace him properly.

Apparently replacements being considered are:

Bergodi (unemployed)
Contra (unemployed)
Edi Iordanescu (Gaz Metan)
Croitoru (Botosani)
Mutu (Al Wahda U21 — I see some places say he is the Romania U21 coach though??)

Maybe there are options too, but those seem to be the main ones.
Eugen Neagoe was considered too but he isn’t allowed to coach in Liga I for the rest of the season.

Personally I really hope we don’t go for Contra or Mutu. The other three would all be pretty good options, Edi Iordanescu in particular.

As for what happened with Pigliacelli I don’t even want to get into all of it.. basically just imagine another typical Piturca stubborn argument with a player, he’s done it in the past in the NT too.. if he doesn’t like a player for whatever tiny reason or disagreement they get sidelined forever against all logic, even if it hurts the team badly. Did the same with Martic. Hope we can recuperate them.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
Pigliacelli returns to Craiova!!!

Great news for us

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
Yeah he was of course still under contract along with Martic, I meant that he had left on holidays and his future was in doubt because he was very unhappy with how Piturca was treating him. So he could have been sold or whatever while still on holidays if Piturca had stayed, who knows. Anyways, glad he is back and seems happy, I don't think there's much doubt he'll be starter again. The guy is fantastic, while Popescu is not impressive at all..

And yeah, it was all but confirmed on the weekend but to see it actually happen is amazing. Excited for this retur! Let's make a couple more good moves maybe.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
I dreamt that Craiova signed Maxim.
And then you woke up :D

That would actually be a plausible transfer, at this point he’s mostly warming the bench at the bottom of the Bundesliga, he might as well come back to Romania. At least he’d have a chance at Europe again and a way back into the NT. I would love for this to be true :D

Chipciu was on our radar too. But I know who I prefer..

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
Craiova beat Braunschweig (3.Liga) 2-0 in a friendly on the weekend the other day, goals from Mihaila and Nistor.

Meanwhile Astra got their asses handed to them (4-1, goal by Alibec) by a team in the same division, Viktoria Koln... funny thing is they are in 16th place, while Braunschweig are tied on points for third place. But anyway, it's just midseason friendlies..

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Craiova beat Braunschweig (3.Liga) 2-0 in a friendly on the weekend the other day, goals from Mihaila and Nistor.

Meanwhile Astra got their asses handed to them (4-1, goal by Alibec) by a team in the same division, Viktoria Koln... funny thing is they are in 16th place, while Braunschweig are tied on points for third place. But anyway, it's just midseason friendlies..
Shows the low level of liga 1 these days and why none of our players go to big clubs and succeed. Would you say that losing to a bottom feeder liga 2 team would be acceptable even in a friendly? what about to the second team?

Our football dropped a whole ton when the last generation retired.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
Yeah, it’s evident and sad. But some clubs like Craiova and CFR becoming the most organized clubs in Romania and taking things a bit more seriously than the others, it’s something. While CFR and Craiova do good things, though, they could do more, especially CFR in youth development.

Now FCSB should be much stronger than they are if Gigi wasn’t such a crazy idiot, but they’re still contenders to a degree.

Viitorul does good things at youth level but I still have higher expectations from them and hopefully they work on that.

Astra seems to do some good things on the pitch and have some standout players usually (Budescu and Alibec notably), but seem like really weirdly run club, with not many fans and not a huge amount of investment for a team that’s been trying to regularly play in Europe and beating bigger teams.

Dinamo is a mess now, I read something about some Sheikhs trying to buy the club, I don’t know if it’s true.

Gaz Metan seems like a financially weaker club but somewhat organized and well coached by Iordanescu. They always seem to have 1-2 good players pop up every season only to get scooped up by one of the big clubs.

Botosani, Iasi, etc.. I can’t say much about.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
Btw, seems Rotaru wants to just keep Papura as manager.. I don’t like this decision, even if we can probably get a replacement for cheaper in the summer. I really expected to see Iordanescu, Bergodi, or even Sumudica come to Craiova as we could pay the clause for the first and last. Seems cheap to just keep a weaker coach in a critical moment like this... maybe Papura isn’t so bad but he doesn’t fill me with the same confidence as those names. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Shows the low level of liga 1 these days and why none of our players go to big clubs and succeed. Would you say that losing to a bottom feeder liga 2 team would be acceptable even in a friendly? what about to the second team?

I've seen Bundesliga teams lose to clubs from 3rd league or a CL top team lose to minnows in friendlies....doesn't make sense to read that much into this....there are so many things which influence such games, they are called friendlies for a reason, this obviously doesnt mean that Astra would fight against relegation in the 3rd League in Germany.

Also the score might not reflect how the game went...maybe Astra shouldve won 13:1 based on big chances...i don't know, but I can assure you that real coaches don't care too much about the results in such games.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,135 Posts
Craiova interested in bringing back Screciu from Genk. Hopefully he can recuperate his career, was hoping he could do it in Belgium after his bad injury but alas..
At least he is still only 20.

·
Registered
69,627 Posts

These friendlies show nothing, to be honest.

2981 - 2997 of 2997 Posts