Xtratime Community banner

2921 - 2940 of 2972 Posts

·
Registered
69,564 Posts
New defender for Craiova: Isaac Donkor, U21 international for Ghana. He played past season at Cesena in Serie B.

Paraguayan forward Meza Colli is close to sign for olteni as well.

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
Fedele and Donkor are amazing. They will be the best foreigners in Liga 1 this season. Pigliacelli also! He's the goalkeeper we've waited so long for.

And regarding home-grown players, Baicu and Mihaila have the potential to be future generational icons for Romanian football. I'm very optimistic with this team.

·
Registered
16,087 Posts
Fedele and Donkor are amazing. They will be the best foreigners in Liga 1 this season. Pigliacelli also! He's the goalkeeper we've waited so long for.

And regarding home-grown players, Baicu and Mihaila have the potential to be future generational icons for Romanian football. I'm very optimistic with this team.
I don't get why Baicu only played in Europe and not in Liga Iand the opposite happened with Mihaila

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
I don't get why Baicu only played in Europe and not in Liga Iand the opposite happened with Mihaila
Hard to say what's going through Mangia's head.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
Old but gold :D

Don’t know what his worth is anymore but if we got him free/cheap not a bad addition.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
Great move for Burlacu, he’s not that young anymore and needs the game time. He’s showed good things when he played, also with U21s.

I don’t know what’s up with Gardos, but I hope he recovers himself the rest of this season. We could use a big guy like him in defence, especially with his experience in Europe with FCSB, in the Premier League, and internationals back in the day. So sad his career path.. with some luck he can still have another 4-5 seasons

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
He started well with Sparta getting assists and then went on loan to Jablonec, not sure how well he was doing there. Either way, good player to have back.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
We signed Alex Ionita II :)

Maybe just maybe we’ll do ok

Pigliacelli is our keeper permanently now

We have Kelic, Ferreira, Donkor, Gardos, Spahija, and Acka at CB. Maybe we could sell a couple and bring a more top defender

At left back we have good options in Bancu, Briceag, and Vatajelu (though he will probably play more at LW).

At right back, we have Dimitrov who is injured, Martic, Borta who is back from loan, and Vladoiu. Not the strongest area.

At CM/DM: Cicaldau (if he stays), Mateiu, Fedele, and Qaka. There’s a young Serban too.

AM: Ivanov, Nuno Rocha, Birzan.. Ionita also an option here

RW: Ionita, Meza Colli (I thought he left honestly), Barbut, Robert Petre.

LW: Vatajelu, Mihaila

ST: Koljic (injured), Fortes, Mihai Roman, Andrei Cristea, Baicu, Markovic

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
He had good numbers there but clearly he has some problem, or else they would've kept him
Useful as an offensive reinforcement, can provide great crosses from the left side. He was used as LB where his limited defensive skills proved to be a liability. I don't know why Jablonec did not try to keep him, they sold 60% of the team after last season. Nice player, nice person but just not good enough to deal with the pressure and expectations of a top notch side like Sparta

2921 - 2940 of 2972 Posts