Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like many people have forgotten about this game!:pp

Home game....must win!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Well I was gonna post a thread, but then decided not to. The last two times I started the thread, we lost in the CL 3-0 and then we drew 1-1 againts Fulham. I guess if I start the thread, it brings bad luck to the team :(.

Back to the game. It seems like Ruud might be out for yet another match. Saha is ruled out for a few more weeks and apparently even Alan Smith might not feature in tomorrows match. We might have to start with Rooney as our only striker. Heinze and Ronaldo have gone on sabatical for us. With the above scenario, I dont know whether we will win this match as comfortably as we are expected to. Might be a tricky one. However, as usual I will be poitive and predict a 2-0 win for us.

This is how the team should look like:
-----------Carroll
Gary-----Rio---Mickey----O'Shea
-Fletcher---Scholes---Keane
-----Bellion------Giggs
----------Rooney

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
It seems difficult to get worked up for this one doesn't it? ;)

I now have a great deal of respect for Dowies men, like Jern i thought they were destined to becomes the leagues worst ever team. They seemed to lack quality all over the pitch, they couldn't defend and they certainly did not look as if they would have a single goal in them. The media and pundits predicted there relegation coming from the lowest points total ever amounted, i agreed, as did most. A few months on and it appears Dowies men have taken note, they have had some very respectable results largely due to a new found resilience that has seen them become a tough team to beat. Not only are they difficult to break down, they also have some fire power in Andy Johnson, the highest scoring Englishman so far this season.

- C.Palace, current form DLdLlDwW -

After getting a dissapointing draw at Craven Cottage i find myself doubting whether we will catch the ever brilliant Chelsea, we had our chance and never took it. How many opportunites will we be given? I can't see Chelsea dropping more points, their just do good at present.

Hopefully everyone will be too obsessed with the apparent powershift from North London to West London, that'll leave us free to carry on advancing up the table unnoticed.

I predict a 2-0 United win.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I thinks it's about time Ronaldo was dropped. It seems to me he's not a team player. I can think of a couple of occasions this season where he taken a difficult shot instead of squaring the ball to unmarked players. For me Darren Fletcher has been nothing short of superb this season and fully deserves to start. I think he's the natural successor to Keane and needs to get the experience in before the end of next season.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Don't be harsh on Ronnie. He is simply hungry. He has only scored once this year therefore he is belting them in from anywhere. Once he comes back from his little break, he'll be fine! :)

Anyways, being a home game, and playing against a, basically, SH!T team we have to win... and win convincingly!

Prediction:

4-0

Rooney x2
Scholes
Giggs

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Russell said:
I now have a great deal of respect for Dowies men, like Jern i thought they were destined to becomes the leagues worst ever team. They seemed to lack quality all over the pitch, they couldn't defend and they certainly did not look as if they would have a single goal in them.

they are much better than they were, however their little great run is now well and truly over, i would be amazed if United didn't win this one, Johnson's goals seem to have dried up and without them they are pretty toothless in attack.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
We won't score too many. Dowie would put 10 men behind the ball and instruct his players to defend till death at Old Trafford. Don't forget how wasteful we sometimes are infront of goal. 2-0 (if wasteful) or 3-0, 4-0 (if not wasteful) to us. I won't rule out the possibility of them scoring a goal though.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Yeah, we have been pretty wasteful infront of goal. We need to sort that out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
---------------Carroll-----------------------
G.Nev----Rio-----------Silvestre--Fortune---
-------Fletch--Keane--Scholes--------------
-Rooney-------Smith-------Giggs------------

Official team.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Well, I've just seen the lineup and looks like Fergie agrees with my comment about Ronaldo, as he's put Fletcher in instead. If I didn't know better I'd say he's a secret XT member reading my posts...wouldn't you agree Jern. ;)

After the result on Saturday I'd expect united to come out and trounce Palace. I respect them as a good side, but I can't help but feel that they're going to get the backlash after the Fulham result. I'm also very interested to see how Fortune copes with Routledge. :undecide:

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Its the 29th minute. Rooney has already missed a penalty. Scholes scored for us on the 23rd minute, but Granville scored for Crystal Palace on the 28th. Right now the score is level at 1-1. What the hell are we doing?!??!?!?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Beefy said:
Well, I've just seen the lineup and looks like Fergie agrees with my comment about Ronaldo, as he's put Fletcher in instead.
Ronaldo and Heinze were sent on a break.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Right now we are up 2-1. Smithy scored with a header. Come on Man U :fero:.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Right at the beginning of half time, we concede AGAIN!!! Its 2-2. I dont know what's wrong with us.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Ok! Even before I finished posting my last post, we scored. 3-2 to us!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts