4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team:

Howard

Brown, Ferdinand, Silvestre, Heinze

Scholes, Keane, Fortune

Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney

Subs: Carroll, G. Neville, P. Neville, O'Shea, Smith

I'm sure there'll be plenty to discuss as the game progresses.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm really growing tired of our inability to keep posession & convert chances into goals.

United absolutely dominated the game, we didn't even need a goal keeper until part way through the 2nd half.

Fullham then had 3 excellent chances to ruin our day & make it 1-1.

That game should have been wrapped up with another goal or two well before the last 20 minutes. United are so wasteful with the opportunities created, it's woeful.

On the plus side of things cRon7 had an outstanding game, he seems to get better with every game. Some of his skills are exquisite.

Sharp shooting O'Shea nearly increased his goal tally with an excellent chance, only denied by an equally excellent save from van der saar. Does anyone know what John'O's position is yet?

Smith was excellent when he came on, nearly chipping van der saar from the centre circle.

Anyway, another 3 points ... just.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Keane would have killed Smith if Radsinki had scored.

three on one and Smith thinks he's Beckham and tries to score from 60 yards out.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Aye great result, and Ronnie has now 8:). He has been awesome since January in most games. But like you said, we keep missing chances :( (same thing is happening in my games in FM:D:().

·
International
9,526 Posts
We can only keep on winning and in the process keep chelski honest, but second is about the best we can hope for in the league. Roll on toonarmy....;)

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
CRISTIANO! :) :proud: :)

THE GUY IS A FCUKING MONSTER!!! :shades:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Fergie warned the squad, that if they play like this, some will be benched, and rightly so, after losing so many chances. Thankfully Ronaldo saved us.
Smithy has to get starts, because he looked great today, and I know Keano got pissed at him for not passing and shooting from the halfway(which nearly cost us big time), but any player who saw the keeper outside the line, would have done exactly the same.(BTW he was sooooo close:().

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Ronaldo is amazing :(

Drito why you got Inter avatar? I though you were more ManU then Inter or are you just supporting there CL campaign or summet

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
FiveMagics said:
I dont understand how someone can support two teams. ..
Dont several people in England support a local club (say a conference, 3rd or 2nd divison club) and a team in the premier league?

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
Dont several people in England support a local club (say a conference, 3rd or 2nd divison club) and a team in the premier league?
Yes, but I believe he meant 2 big teams.

IMO, it's not a bad thing to have a soft spot for big teams, but whatever.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Why isn't this thread a sticky?

I didn't see the match live, but I did manage the catch entended highlights on Football First. From what I saw only one player turned up for the game, and that was Ronaldo. We need to start killing teams off earlier because on a whole, the finishing has been attrocious this season. I'd be interested the shots:ratio if anyone can find it.

Also, the crowd were awful. I can't remember the last time I heard Old Trafford so quiet. It's worse than Stamford Bridge! I know they've got this singing stand in the west stand, but it's the same old situation of people coming to Old Trafford for the occasion and not the match. It's been said that you get more regulars at weekday games, but for a stadium of almost 68,000 the level of support is attrocious; it's no wonder the team's been performing so badly at home games in recent years! :thmbdown:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
Ronaldo is amazing :(

Drito why you got Inter avatar? I though you were more ManU then Inter or are you just supporting there CL campaign or summet
I am...but everyone on the Inter forum has this avatar, to support Inter for the matches against Milan (as you said above).

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Very dissapointing Drito. I actually just lost a fair bit of respect for ya... :(

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
FiveMagics said:
I dont understand how someone can support two teams. ..
I used to support barcelona along with united, but then last year when ronaldinho came everyone around me became a barcelona fan, so i dropped barca from my list.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts