Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps the biggest match of the season.Arsenal are twelve points ahead and racing away with the tile.Victory or draw tomorrow and a new record will be formed.Don't need any extra motivation for this game now,do you?;)

Gaz will be back for the game so that should provide greater stability at the back.Micky and Wes will form the center of defence while O'Shea at left back.

In midfield,Ole has to start.had a great gam last season at the Library and he always enjoys playing against the Gooners.Phill and Keano in central midfield and Giggs on the left.

Scholes playing just behind Ruud to complete the 4-5-1 formation.It was Ruud and Ole who had crackers last time at the Library.This season at OT,Veira would have broken Ruu'd leg into half had the kick connected so we gotta be aware of the dirty dozen or 11 in this case.:tongue:

Calamity Lehmann is at the back and we should test him out with some stingers.Watch out for Henry and Pires,two players in blinding form.

Should be a good game.A win would be great though expecting a draw at most.

·
International
9,526 Posts
surely it has to be a fighting display from the lads.....they have to give their all. Maybe I'm harsh, but I'm expecting a win, and if we don't get it, then I think Fergie and the lads need to look at themselves. Because if this isn't motivation enough to put in the performance of the season, then I don't know what is;) The ar$e will be knackered after the euro game so now is as good a time as any to hit 'em.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fred Elliot said:
surely it has to be a fighting display from the lads.....they have to give their all. Maybe I'm harsh, but I'm expecting a win, and if we don't get it, then I think Fergie and the lads need to look at themselves. Because if this isn't motivation enough to put in the performance of the season, then I don't know what is;) The ar$e will be knackered after the euro game so now is as good a time as any to hit 'em.
This season to me has dejavu written all over it.Remember the 2001/02 season when Arsenal came to OT and we needed to win at all cost.The players over-committed and let their frustration get the better of them.Arsenal ultimately got the win to clinch the title.

It'll be bsolutely crucial that the team does not let the occassion get to them.Obviously playing Arsenal is motivation enough but we have to keep our emotions in check during the game and go about it professionally.This team is good enough to get the points at the Library.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I think we saved ourselves at Chelsea,we could have gone for the throats in the last minutes when Desailly went off.

I think we want to sort your mob out proper,i hope we can win by five goals,i reckon we will win but not by that many goals.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
biggest match of the season?! Would it be if there were two equal teams battling for the league title.
But for me the title race is already decided and I don´t expect something else than Arsenal to win this clearly...

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jern Lizardhous said:
I think we saved ourselves at Chelsea,we could have gone for the throats in the last minutes when Desailly went off.

Actually I thought the players were satisfied with a 1-1 result fully knowing Chelsea's awful record at the Library.:rollani:

5 goals on Sunday?!?:eek:That only happens at Old Trafford.;):D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Shaf said:
Actually I thought the players were satisfied with a 1-1 result fully knowing Chelsea's awful record at the Library.:rollani:

5 goals on Sunday?!?:eek:That only happens at Old Trafford.;):D
they were there for the taking though i thought.

5 goals has happened to United numerous times....St.James's Park,Stamford Bridge,the Dell anyone?????

i'll be happy with a 1-0 though because i am boring like that. :D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
what the hell let you be so positive?
going so well on form, his got the right to be happy.

i am looking downside, a draw or loss to arsenal just to make you guys feel better ;) :howler:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Swiftwilly said:

Actually on nights like this, the form book goes out of the window.Its what happens during those 90 minutes that usually decides the game.Perhaps an error from a player or a piece of magic could turn the tie either way.

Should be a high quality game.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Swiftwilly said:

i am looking downside, a draw or loss to arsenal just to make you guys feel better ;) :howler:
WHAT IS THAT SMELL?

THAT EXCRUCIATING PONG!?!

ITS FEAR!! COMPLETE AND UTTER FEAR!!!

;) ;) ;)

(ring any bells?)

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
are you for real Oz ????

i think you should see a Doctor !!! :D
never underestimate the power of denial ;)

maybe you should see a doctor (anyone but me that is!...trust me on this one!!)

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
The first 20 mins of this game are going to be explosive, i can see alot of hard challenges flying around right from the first whistle. I hope we see the performance of the season, god knows we need it. If the players aren't up for this they never will be.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Russell said:
The first 20 mins of this game are going to be explosive, i can see alot of hard challenges flying around right from the first whistle. I hope we see the performance of the season, god knows we need it. If the players aren't up for this they never will be.
wats the name of the crystal ball you got?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts