Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all want any football team we support to win. No different with us united fans. We have been fortunate to have dominated english football for the past decade and a half. So we expect success. We expect it daily.Though many people will argue it's chelsea's turn to dominate english football after liverpool's and united's Dynastys. It doesn't have to be that way.
A new team isn't jbuilt in a day. When Fergie got the job, success wasn't straight forward. We must thank the united board back then for keeping fergie. If my memory is correct we finished 11th in the first division(premiership Nowadays). Fergie was under pressure. Next season with the aid of King Eric and co. United won the league. That winning team became the double winning team. Soona after it was time for fergie to think about the future.
I dont't think united fan's appriecate Uniteds youth acadamy enough. Butt,Scholes,Giggs both Nevilles and Beckham came threw it at roughly the same time.Though Beckham developed slightly later than the others. We were told you couldn't win the league with youngsters. How wrong the doubters were, and so began fergies backbone for his second title winning team and soon enough the treble winning team.We were blessed with so many talented youngsters. That made the transition easier for fergie to make his second winning side.
We play attacking football. Do we want to play as boring as chelsea and liverpool?. No thats what is so good about fergie, he wants to see quality football, like the fan's. I think we play attacking football, but because we are so weak in the central area of midfeild it is much harder for united to dominat games.
I hear alot critism of the likes of fletcher and O'Shea.You lot out there were praising those youngsters when they broke into the team. O'Shea just kept nutmeging people and fletcher could apperantly pass and tackle like know one before.Espically this season i do think thses players have been overly critised. O'Shea was constantly played out of position and without a leader like keane in midfeild fletcher's growth has been stunted . We must be realistic not every player was a world beater at twenty. Zidane wasn't, either was henry neither Nedved. Some players mature later than other's. What O'Shea and Fletcher have shown alot of promise. I'd rather trust some one like fergie who see's these players in training every day than some one who see's them play a few times. Bardsly is an interesting player, every time he plays he impresses btu we could well be be slaging him in a couple of seasons. Give these players time! :thumbsup: .
I think people who want fergie out dont realise what we'd miss without fergie. He brings us attacking, watchable football. Whish is damn nice site than seeing boring boring Chelsea. Fergie has made two successful teams. I belive he can do it again. We already have some componets for a great team with ferdinand, Heinze, Ronaldo and Rooney. He will strenghten our midfeild for sure.
United were so used to winning ina two horse race situation, with arseanl down the years. With the inclusion of Chelsea it seemed to uncomfortable for united. both Arsenals invincibles :lala: and chelseas :lala: current side have raised the bar. But Chelsea can only go down from were they are now :thumbsup: and that gives united the return to the top Next Season.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I agree, apart from the fact about Darren Fletcher. Players like Giggs, Beckham, Scholes broke into the squad at 21 or 22, right around the same age as Fletcher is now. Yet, they played magnificently and we knew from that instant that they were legends in the making. You can't say that about Richardson, Fletcher, O'Shea. O'Shea instead of improving, has become atrocious. He had the presence of Keano for 2 years or so, same like Scholes and co, who only played with Cantona for 2 seasons before he retired.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
We were lucky to have that group come through at that time. We are not going to be getting a group of players of that quality at the same time again.The thing about that group of players they had played together before they came into the team and as they formed the majority of both reserve and first team it was easy to put the players around them. With the players now it is fitting them in.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I think that our youth team is coming up quite well, and fergie is well aware of that.
We got Rossi, Bardsley, Richie Jones, Eagles, Ebanks-Blake, who all can make quite an impact.

I dare say that they could probably make the same impact that the last group did (Beckham,Giggs, Scholes, Butt, Neviles).

The nucleus for the next fergie team is alredy there (Ronaldo, Rooney, Park, even Ferdinand and Fletch). Now its all about trying to make them gel as a team which is not an easy task

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fizzi_g said:
I think that our youth team is coming up quite well, and fergie is well aware of that.
We got Rossi, Bardsley, Richie Jones, Eagles, Ebanks-Blake, who all can make quite an impact.

I dare say that they could probably make the same impact that the last group did (Beckham,Giggs, Scholes, Butt, Neviles).

The nucleus for the next fergie team is alredy there (Ronaldo, Rooney, Park, even Ferdinand and Fletch). Now its all about trying to make them gel as a team which is not an easy task
Park is always on the bench which is dissapointing.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
you missed a couple of players off our current excellent youth team, gerard and david jones will also make quite an impact,
as will fabian brandy in a few years time.
I disagree over fletch though, hes not good enough to be in the nucleus of the next fergie special. we need quality players like rooney, its hard to see how rooney + ron + park are put in the same bracket of the next team as fletch.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
_lauren_ said:
you missed a couple of players off our current excellent youth team, gerard and david jones will also make quite an impact,
as will fabian brandy in a few years time.
I disagree over fletch though, hes not good enough to be in the nucleus of the next fergie special. we need quality players like rooney, its hard to see how rooney + ron + park are put in the same bracket of the next team as fletch.
Okay maybe i was overexaggerating a bit with Fletch but he is still a good player and who will give his all for united as long as he is playing for them.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
fizzi_g said:
Okay maybe i was overexaggerating a bit with Fletch but he is still a good player and who will give his all for united as long as he is playing for them.
if his all is being invisable i'd rather not have thank you!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
The thing about fletch is that on some occasions he is very good and on most he is very bad. But when he is playing good there is no-one better. Remeber the f.a.cup semi a couple of years against arsenal which we one 1-0, fletcher ruled the centre of the park. Also his performance against Chelski this season was exceptional.

Its just a shame that he is not more consistent.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
im not denying fletch hasnt had a good couple of games, but he's so inconsistant its unreal. he did play well againts the chavs but then hes not been good since. his passing is poor and most of the times hes invisible.
We need a cm that is good enough to perform and perform game after game.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Your right but realistically fletch is still in the first team as long as fergie is there at the helm.
And he is in the first team for the rest of the season now that scholes and smith are out?

I know this is wacky but why can't heinze come to the midfield when he comes back from his injury?
he plays at central defence for argentina, whos to say that he cant play in that midfield role.
This could be a possibility as fergie loves making his defenders into midfileders and as far as i can think of only phil neville has succeded. Why cant heinze?

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
i think the problem is that, is thats leaving left back open and its evident atm we miss him. also it would be another case of playing players out of position and its just not good enough, heinze may not be back playing for a while, but when he does we need him in his natural role.
the rest of the season our mid will just have falled apart, lets hope scholesy is back next season.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
i beg to differ. Why has has fergie bought evra? Evra has played well in that position which could lead to a potential selection headache.
Heinze is the perfect kind of player for the midfield position. He is strong, touch and loves to tackle. All of the things that fletcher, richardson and o shit cannot do.

All im saying is that using heinze in the DM is an option fergie might use.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Heinze >> evra.
it is an idea and quite likely fergie will try it, but i have a feeling by the time hes playing properly for us again we'll have new mids.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
True.

One point i just want to mention evra is heavy at going forward. He can do some damage on the flank.
Heinze is more your typical gruff no holds barred defender, basically a guy who wont take any crap from anyone. Just like keane. Can you just imagine him in a midfield with Scholes or Diarra or even Smith.
Heinxe can rule the centre of the park, its just about giving him a chance there.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
evra is better at going forward but hes not as solid at the back, we need heinze to keep the composer
Id rathe spent money and but two natural cm's and keep heinze in his natural position with evra as back up,
say you play evra as lb and heinze as cm, and then heinze gets uinjured, we're back to where we are now with fletch as cover in cm. id rather spend money and have a natural cm with heinze as cover if need be.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts