Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I look at the United squad I feel that there is a fair bi9t of work to be done in regards to upgrading the squad.The Neville brothers are'nt much chop,Silvestre seems Inconsistant,Giggs and Scholes are getting on.Keano is 30+ Ole has dropped off and so on.
What do you really think?

D

·
0 Posts
Well the first bit of new blood could very well be a new manager.

If Magnier and McManus aren't happy with the answers to their 99 questions, they will call an EGM, vote no confidence in the board, and take control of the boardroom. If that happens, Fergie is gone.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
From what I seen have they been bringing in quite a lot of new blood. it's not like any of their newest transfers have been old players... That the new players don't play instead of players that are established in the squad is nothing new.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Schumy said:
The Neville brothers are'nt much chop,Silvestre seems Inconsistant,Giggs and Scholes are getting on.Keano is 30+ Ole has dropped off and so on.
..and everyone else is pretty damn young. :)

D

·
0 Posts
I'd agree that the Nevilles are poor, and Keano is getting on(so is Giggs), but Scholes is in his prime, Silvestre is a very good defender, and they've signed Liam Miller so Keano's replacement is already at the club.

And with Ronaldo at the club, Giggs' replacement is already there.

IMO a right back is definitly needed(Trabelsi would be perfect but he seems set for a move to Italy. I can't understand why United haven't moved for Steven Carr, best RB in the prem)

and

A replacement for Beckham is still needed. Ludo Guily should be a United target, he's pure class.

Some quality back up in central defense is needed as well. Maybe Michael Dawson is the man.

3 players and United will be set for now, AND the long term.

D

·
0 Posts
He's going to leave Monaco anyway, and he's made it known he prefers the EPL or La Liga to Seria A, so............

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Source? In the interview I read, he stated that he desired to play in Spain, although he'd welcome a move back to Italy if it were accompanying his coach out of Monaco.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
why don't you want him to go to United !bob ? not a fan ? :D

United need to splash big in the summer if they ever want to win the UCL again,a world class midfielder should be the priority,certainly Liam Miller is not the answer yet,maybe in a few years but not now.;)

·
63,337 Posts
!bob said:
I serve King Ludo. I'd like him to either stay at Monaco or move to a club I like equally.

;)
if you love him so much,you will let him fly the nest and have a crack at United :D

he would be great in the EPL,although he may not find Manchester as interesting as Monaco,maybe he should come to London? :happy:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

United need to splash big in the summer if they ever want to win the UCL again,a world class midfielder should be the priority,certainly Liam Miller is not the answer yet,maybe in a few years but not now.;)
But that's not really our style. Who's the last "world-class" player we signed? Seba Veron. And he was absoloute crap for us. We seem to get players when they're quite young, and are still just potentially brilliant players. That's the reason our team spirit is so good in my opinion.

And I pretty much agree with Rule, except I think Gaz is a legend.

·
63,337 Posts
well you splashed a british transfer record on Keane,before that you got Ince,really you should have fought tooth and nail for Parker IMO. ;)

before that you weren't winning anything even though you had Robson,who was another british transfer record. ;)

so really Keane has been the mainstay of your success,you take what he has brought for you for granted i feel,when he slows down,a kid from Celtic won't replace him.

D

·
0 Posts
Liam Miller is far more than "a kid from Celtic". He's brilliant. IMO a better player than Parker.

D

·
0 Posts
when Scott Parker outplays Michael Ballack TWICE, then come back and talk to me.

·
63,337 Posts
when Liam Miller outplays Roy Keane in his own backyard,come and talk to me :D

your losing the plot Doc,what a stupid point :howler: Parker has never played against Ballack :D

D

·
0 Posts
Parker played against a Roy Keane who is past his best and slipping in a league match.

Miller played against a Michael Ballack who is one of the very best midfielders in the world in the Champions League.

·
63,337 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Parker played against a Roy Keane who is past his best and slipping in a league match.

Miller played against a Michael Ballack who is one of the very best midfielders in the world in the Champions League.
Parker dominated Keane at OT in 2002 in the 0-0 game.

what did Miller actually do in that game? and again it is meaningless because Parker has never played against Ballack so there isn't a comparison.

Phil Neville dominated Vieira in a game according to Manc fans so your point doesn't have an ounce of credibility. ;)

Miller has played a handful of good games in his life,Parker has been bossing the Charlton midfield in the EPL for the last three years.

D

·
0 Posts
2002, also known as the worst season of Roy Keane's career?? a wonderful achievement!

Miller played Ballack off the pitch completely in both games.

Vieira was injured, Neville kicked him around the place, completely different.

3 years?? despite only being a regular for 2 years?? that's some achievement.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts