Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do croatians think of a league like the old yugoslavian one with teams from Hrvatska,Bosnia and Serbia.

I mean yuo're all slavs aren't you.

also in b ball you have created Adriatic league.

what wolud you think???

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I would not like it i watch the hnl to see how are players are doing and developing not ****ing serbs.

·
Banned
852 Posts
What happened at Milan - Inter would be considered child's play. Why do newbies keep bringng this same stupid topic up again. It will do nothing but cause trouble on the forum.

·
Registered
69,457 Posts
I am 100% against this, why should we help developing Serbian, Macedonian, Slovenian and Bosnian talents?
The HNL might not be a top 10 or even a top 15 league in Europe but it is able to develop some good talent, take a look at our youth teams. Croatia is the only ex-Yugo nation to make the U17 tournament, Croatia has always had success at the U21 level, Croatia has qualified for 4 of the past 5 tournaments, who else in the region can say that? I hear all these people complaining about the HNL but for me we cannot expect it to be a top 10 league, we just have to have our own league where young talents can play every week rather than sitting on the bench watching Hajduk and Dinamo play ex-Yugo clubs. Not all NT talents come from the "big 2".
Balkan League is :nono:

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
no we arent all the same=slavs,
i can identify if somebody is a serb,croat,bosnian on the first look.
i really dont know why we all are called slavs, i have nothin in common with a serb, i look different, i speak different, i think different and i have a different name. (and thats not meant nationalistic, i have some serbian friends)
we only have a similar language, senegal speaks french so they are french people ?

and in forgot somethin important:
we have different history and a different religion:catholic,orthodox,muslim
so please dont say "you all are slavs"

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
This is impossible. If it ever happened all hell would break loose and it would create the worst fan violence the football world has ever seen. Especially when Croatian teams play Serbian one's. The Serbs are probably up for it because they love violence, and wish having some beautiful cities like Split which they don't have etc.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
bad idea....nobody gains.

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
I think it would be brilliant. Before every game, as the players are coming out, we could release a few pigeons (make sure none of them have any explosives attached to them of course), have some fireworks, the fans would carry banners promoting brotherhood and would regularly meet up before the game for a few drinks...And so on..It would be great, rekindle the "bratstvo i jedinstvo". :broken: :broken:

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Bratstvo i jedinstvo never existed and never will. I say NO to a Balkan League!

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
no we arent all the same=slavs,
i can identify if somebody is a serb,croat,bosnian on the first look.
i really dont know why we all are called slavs, i have nothin in common with a serb, i look different, i speak different, i think different and i have a different name. (and thats not meant nationalistic, i have some serbian friends)
we only have a similar language, senegal speaks french so they are french people ?
Macedonian and Croatian are 2 different languages but you can't tell me there is much of a difference between Serbian and Croatian, i mean yes there are a few different words and stuff but you guys can understand each other perfectly so i dont buy the language issue, different names??? my name is Igor and i'm Macedonian i know tons of Croats with that name so the names dont mean anything either, finally i'm sure most of us have eaten or like the same foods for example i love Croatian foods like pasteta,napolitanke and of course how can i forget bananko and zivotinsko carstvo :D ok relegion is a big difference but to a person like me who doesnt follow relegion very strictly i can say that i could care less what relegion someone else is but then again we do live in the balkans and small stuff like that matters to people everyone wants to show pride for there relegion,nationality etc.. so a league like this would never work!

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
A league would never work, it would make the Milan violence look like an episode of Sesame Street.

I always thought though the UEFA Cup or maybe even Champions League would have some European regional style to it.

My idea would be like this divide Europe into 4 regions.

Western Europe (Portugal, Spain, France, Dutch, Belgium, Swiss, Andorra, Luxemborg,Liechenstien, Malta)

Eastern Europe (Fmr Soviet countries, Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary)

Central/Northern Europe (Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Austria, Norway, Finland, Iceland, UK countries, Ireland)

Balkan/Southern Europe (Cro, Serbia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Bosnia, Albania, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Italy)

Each region would have 6 groups of 4 teams consisting of home and away draws against those teams in the group. Then the top 8 teams move on to a knockout draw round. Then the winners of each region would meet in a semi-final in a location and play one game each in a neutral site. And then the same for a Championship game.

I think this works out well.
It'll help out smaller clubs get good experience with better clubs not to mention it would bring in some much needed money to smaller clubs. With my system teams like Parma, Lazio, Sampadoria, Dinamo Zagreb, Rijeka, Red Star, Bestikas, Febernache, Aek Athens, CSKA Sofia, Stuecha Bucharest, Olympija Maribor would have been in our region which gives our Croatian clubs good experince.

The regions divide would bring in more interest. If a Cro team played A Bosnian, Serb, Slovenian side it would draw alot more interest then playing a Finnish team.

The current Uefa Cup format although much better than the previous one i still think leaves alot to be desired.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
My idea would be like this divide Europe into 4 regions.

Western Europe (Portugal, Spain, France, Dutch, Belgium, Swiss, Andorra, Luxemborg,Liechenstien, Malta)

Eastern Europe (Fmr Soviet countries, Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary)

Central/Northern Europe (Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Austria, Norway, Finland, Iceland, UK countries, Ireland)

Balkan/Southern Europe (Cro, Serbia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Bosnia, Albania, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Italy)

Each region would have 6 groups of 4 teams consisting of home and away draws against those teams in the group. Then the top 8 teams move on to a knockout draw round. Then the winners of each region would meet in a semi-final in a location and play one game each in a neutral site. And then the same for a Championship game.

I think this works out well.
It'll help out smaller clubs get good experience with better clubs not to mention it would bring in some much needed money to smaller clubs. With my system teams like Parma, Lazio, Sampadoria, Dinamo Zagreb, Rijeka, Red Star, Bestikas, Febernache, Aek Athens, CSKA Sofia, Stuecha Bucharest, Olympija Maribor would have been in our region which gives our Croatian clubs good experince.

The regions divide would bring in more interest. If a Cro team played A Bosnian, Serb, Slovenian side it would draw alot more interest then playing a Finnish team.
I actually love this idea but i bet UEFA would be against it.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Yeah, RSF don't pigeons drop their business everytime they take flight?

And Batman, so that's what happens in the Batcave. Brilliant idea, honestly I think that's a great idea but the likes of Barcelona, Milan, Juventus, Ajax etc. would never allow it.

About the league, it would never work, so forget the whole thing. We should post a sticky disclaimer not to post this anymore because it's been talked about here for years and comes to the same conclusion.

And yes Croats are Slavs, as are Bugari, Russians, Czechs, Slovaks, Poles etc. etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dont rush to say it would never work.

look at Adratic League in basketball.
There are no problems.

then I would like to know what it is that devides serbs from croatians and bosnians except religion.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.