1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UNITED KEEN ON ZANETTI
by Adam Marshall

EXCLUSIVE
MANCHESTER UNITED are planning a move for Inter star Javier Zanetti, one of the classiest performers in Serie A last season and a player of undoubted quality.

Sir Alex Ferguson is an admirer of the versatile midfielder, who would cost in the region of £11 million, and the word is that he is exploring the possibility of bringing the Argentinian international to Old Trafford.

Barcelona have also been intent on signing the 26-year-old, who played 34 times in Serie A last term, particularly during Louis van Gaal's tenure, but discussions have already taken place between Inter and United officials.

The Italians were determined to use Ferguson's interest to try and sign one of United's star men, probably Paul Scholes who has been linked in England with a massive £31 million move to San Siro, but the Premiership champions have made it clear that they are only interested in a straight-cash offer for Zanetti.

Massimo Moratti has indicated that the man who scored against England in the 1998 World Cup can move on, for the right price, and United will fight both Barca and Real Madrid in a bid to land at least one truly world class outfield player this summer.

Zanetti, who has spent the past five seasons in Italy, has previously expressed a preference for moving to Camp Nou, but Ferguson may be able to land his man if his timing is right, even without losing Scholes or another of his key performers as a consequence.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Zanetti is one of the best wingers in Italy and in the world. Why they would want to swap and pay that ridiculas amount of money for Scholes is beyond me. Bring Zanetti to Juve, he would get a game for sure.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
I saw this yesterday,but I didn´t want to make a topic for it because it´s so stupid.He will not leave Inter and there´s no point of making a topic about it.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I agree - it's an absolutely ludicrous idea that Zanetti would leave, as he has been the heart and soul of this club. Even Moratti in his perpetual money-tinted view sees that and wouldn't allow him to leave.

The article is further proven as undependable as the last time I checked, Van Gaal didn't coach Inter last season - Lippi did.

Forza Internazionale e Viva Zanetti!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
That model of responsible journalism - Teamtalk.com - posted this story this afternoon. Typical exploitative British crap. I particularly like the part that said, "the player has no desire to leave United, let alone play in Italy" - as if cold dismal Manchester is so much better than Milano!

Comical!

To all future posters: please check the validity of these rumors before you post. It will save your fellow posters valuable time in separating the good topics from the useless ones. Thank you! :)

Agent confirms Inter Scholes bid

An Italian agent has confirmed Inter's interest in Paul Scholes as genuine but admitted that any hopes of luring the player are extremely slim.
Pino Pagliara claims he was asked by Inter to explore the possibility of luring the England midfielder away from Old Trafford.
Pagliara claims no official approach was made to United and he told the Serie-A giants that no deal would be possible unless Scholes, boss Sir Alex Ferguson and the club's plc board gave it the green light. Inter are willing to pay him a staggering £120,000-a-week in wages.
So it is highly unlikely that Scholes will be leaving and the player - who does not even have an agent - has no desire to quit United, yet alone play in Italy.
Ferguson would also block any bid from Inter and the plc board would not overrule their manager on such a contentious issue.
Chairman Martin Edwards dismissed the link, saying: "I have not spoken to anybody from Inter Milan. No bid has been made."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts